Hopeless

Everything I Could Never Tell

The red-orange sun was readying itself to set as the leaves fall on a pile upon the dew-covered grass, the crusty-brown leaves whirling around in a circle like a small tornado sweeping the beautiful park. The mystifying colors of the sun shone on the pile of leaves, glistening brightly as the smell of the ocean breeze bitterly blew, leaving everyone with a tingling sensation at the very beginning of autumn.

Under the playhouse—swings lightly pushed to and fro by the wind—were two people sitting side by side, the shorter of the two staring at her friend with a concerned look as the other sulked—her knees against her chest, her head resting on her kneecaps—staring back at her with pain-filled eyes.

“I don’t get it, Taeng,” the taller girl stated. “What happened to us? I feel as if Tiff and I are drifting further and further apart.”

Taeyeon shrugged. “I don’t know, Sica. I honestly wish I could tell you, but I don’t have the answer to that.” There was a short pause. “Have you been spending enough time with her lately? Have the two of you been fighting? Have you been getting under her skin?”

“Yah!” Jessica shouted, slapping her friend’s arm. “Why do I feel like you’re blaming this on me?”

“Chill dude. No need to go Ice Princess on my ,” she said as she playfully thumped Jessica’s forehead. “I was just kidding.” Taeyeon sighed and looked at her friend. “Where’s the Sica I know?” she asked quietly.

“I’m sorry,” Jessica replied as she sighs and massages her temple. “I don’t know what’s been happening to me. Lately, I’ve become more irritable than usual.”

“Well, I suppose it’s normal for you to act that way since you’ve been stressing about your relationship.”

“I guess so,” she replied weakly. “I just don’t get it. We weren’t always like this.” There was a short pause. “In fact, there was a point in our relationship when I didn’t even think it was possible for us to fight, let alone grow apart like this.”

Silence passed between them and Taeyeon studied her brooding friend. “Did you ever bring up something she didn’t like?” she suggested.

Jessica’s eyes widened in surprise and there was silence as she contemplated her thoughts. “There was one thing,” she replied without raising her head.

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked.

Jessica looked up and stared directly into Taeyeon’s eyes. “The past.”

“What do you mean?”

There was a period of silence as Jessica collected her thoughts. She sighed. “Do you remember that time when I asked you to meet me because I wanted to tell you something?” Taeyeon nodded in reply. “I really screwed up that day, Taeng.”

“Why, Sica? I don’t understand.”

Jessica frowned. “That day was our first anniversary.” Taeyeon’s eyes widened in surprise. “I’m such an idiot!”

“Yah~ Don’t be so hard on yourself. Sure, you screwed up, but it’s not that bad.” She playfully bumped Jessica’s shoulder and grinned. “Cheer up.”

“How do you expect me to cheer up? Put yourself in my shoes for just one second! If you did that to your girlfriend, how would you feel?” There was a short pause as she glared at Taeyeon. “I’ll tell you how. You’d feel like absolute !” she shouted, hitting the plastic wall of the playhouse behind Taeyeon’s head.

Taeyeon stared at her friend in surprise then looked down at her feet. “You’re right. I’m sorry, but you know what? I would feel the exact same thing.”

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows and buried her face in her hands. “I’m so confused.”

Taeyeon placed a hand on Jessica’s shoulder. “Sica…”

Jessica stared at her friend, tears b in her eyes. “What should I do?”

“Tell her what really happened,” she suggested.

“I’ve already explained a thousand times, but she won’t listen to me. She would just cut me off and walk away.

“Keep trying.”

“I’m tired, Taeng. I don’t want to waste my breath if she’s not going to listen to me.”

“If you’re tired, why are you sulking? Why not just move on?”

“You know I can’t do that,” she replied quietly.

“Then why don’t you stop feeling sorry for yourself and do something about it?”

“I don’t know,” Jessica replied, tears escaping her eyes. “I just don’t know.”

Taeyeon sighed. “You’re a hopeless kid, you know that?” She scooted closer to Jessica and wiped her tears. “Stop crying. I’ve told you before. You’re more beautiful when you smile.”

Jessica smiled slightly. “Thank you.”

Taeyeon smiled back. “You’re always welcome, Sica.” Taeyeon reached over and tucked a loose strand of hair behind Jessica’s ear. “Chin up, princess. You can’t win your girl back if all you do is sulk.”

Jessica hugged her short friend. “I missed this, Taeng.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “I know. I did too.”

Jessica pulled away from the comfortable hug. “What should I do? I don’t know how to get her back.”

“Give it one more try. Explain why you missed such an important day. Make her understand.”

“That’s easier said than done.”

“Don’t give up so easily, princess. You’re not like this. What happened to you?” Taeyeon shook her softly. “What did she feed you? Did she brainwash you?”

Jessica slapped her arm. “Why would she do that to me?”

Taeyeon massaged the spot where Jessica had slapped her arm, “I don’t know,” she said with a chuckle. “Anyway, you should go talk to her.”

“When?”

“Now.”

Taeyeon stood up dusting the dirt off her jeans and offers a hand to Jessica. The latter took it and gave her friend another hug. “Again, thank you.”

“For what?”

Jessica smiled and gave her a peck on the cheek. “For being you.”

 


A/N: Hello, again~ :3 I told you we would be back with an update soon! So, for being the patient and loyal readers you are here's your reward! \(^-^)/ I hope you guys enjoyed our first update and we will be working on the next chapter soon. So, keep an eye out for our updates okay? Thanks again, everyone~ Oh, and please comment and subscribe. We would really appreciate it! :3 I love you all! (>-<)V ~TaeNyshidae09

Was that long? Seriously WAS THAT LONG? I hope it wasnt. :3 Well, we are back with an update, that took us 3 days to figure everything out. Wohoo! Isnt that awesome? okay no. Anyway, I hope you guys will support this story till we come to an end. :3 and I dont know when that will happen....... SO! lemme capslock the next line. SUBCRIBE, COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK AND UPVOTE(or not) we would appreciate it very much! We love you! :33 ~kittchi