Chapter 7

Eredia

C h a p t e r 7 ;

 

 

"Dad!" Serena and Amethyst stood up, looking alarmed. They went next to their father.

"Honey! Oh My Lord what happened?" The Queen quickly went to his side.

They all got up.

"Your Majesty!" Baekhyun exclaimed. He checked and smelled the food. His face cringed.

"Its poison. A really dangerous one. Guards!" They came hurriedly. "Help the Guardians bring the King to his room. And you." He point at one of the guards. "Call the royal healer. Say to him that we need him. Immediately." The guards made their move as soon as he is done talking.

Amethyst look at him questioningly. Her mother and Serena with the other guys have went to the room.

"How did you know?" Amethyst ask confusingly.

"Well, I have been around the world quite frequently. I did some learning about poisons. Just because I thought it would be useful in the future." He smiled kindly at her.

Amethyst just stood there in awe.

"Now go. Your father needs you. I'll be here waiting for the royal healer."

Amethyst nodded her head and ran to her parent's room. There in the room, she saw all of them with face full of worry. She went in with slow, careful steps.

"How's dad?" She asked while sitting at her father's side.

"Still the same. Where's the royal healer?" Serena asked her.

"Baekhyun's waiting for his arrival downstairs. He'll be here shortly."

"I don't get it. Who would poison your father? He have been a really kind and trust-worthy king to his subjects." Their mother said while looking at the King's face.

"I don't know either Mother. Maybe someone wants to take over Eredia." Amethyst said thoughtfully.

"Lets all work together and find the culprit. Who's with me?" Chanyeol asked.

"We are all ready and at your service." Suho said firmly.

After a few minutes, Baekhyun with the royal healer came in.

"I heard he was poisoned. What happened?" He came rushingly.

"We were eating and suddenly, he starts coughing. Then he collapsed." Serena said worriedly.

He checked his pulse. Also checking his skin colour.

"It is a poison." The healer said thoughtfully. 

"Are there any cure for this?" The Queen ask. 

"Unfortunately, there is no cure for it. Unless..." He stopped. "Your Majesties, Masters and Lords. If I may, may I have some private talk with the queen?" 

They all looked at the royal healer. They moved from their places and went out of the room. Including the Royal family. King Chanyeol close the door behind him.

"I hope dad's okay." Amethyst said with tears b in her eyes.

"Its okay. Everything's going to be alright." Serena hugs her sister tightly. Her husband just watched the two sisters in sadness.

After a few moment, the other guardians came hurriedly.

"We heard the King was poisoned." D.O ask between his breath. 

"What happened?" Chen ask with furrowed brows.

"We were eating breakfast. The King excused himself when he began coughing. Within minutes, he collapsed." King Chanyeol explains to the newly-arrived guardians.

"We have to find the culprit." Tao said while clenching tight his fist.

"How dare they hurt our King." Lay said. "I don't understand. What fault have our King commit? He have been really fair to his subjects." Luhan said. With face full of confusement.

"Thats what we were talking about too. It must be one of the evil sorcerers who wants to take over Eredia." Sehun said.

"Whoever that is. We have to make him pay his doing." Kris said sternly.

Then, the royal healer came out. He looks at them pitifully and excuse himself. Saying that he'll come thrice a week to check on the King.

The Queen came along.

"Serena, may I talk to you for a second?" The Queen ask for Serena.

"Yes, Mother." She let go of Amethyst and hand her to Kris. He kept on patting her back. Calming her down.

"Hey hey Ame. Look at me." He pull her chin up. She stare up at him with eyes wet with tears.

"Don't cry. Uncle won't like it. You have to be strong for him."

She just kept quiet. While Suho keep on cheering her up.

On the corner, someone was feeling a bit jealous. Seeing the bond between cousins. 

 

A/N: Will be updated :3