Chapter 1

He's My Mommy!

Chapter 1

 

“Daddy! Wake up! You promised we’d go to the park today!”

Bam.

Ouch! What the hell?!

“—Daddy!”

Bam.

Don’t tell me… Yonsoo’s hitting me with the pillows again?

A man groaned and turned to his other side of the bed as the one causing him pain fell from the bed which motivated him to wake up the older man more. The man lay on his stomach as the child named Yonsoo pouted. “Daddy~! Come on!”

The man’s only reply was a groan.

Yonsoo puffed his cheeks. But he wasn’t still giving up.

He decided to jump on his father’s back and keep on jumping him as the older man wakes up, and this was done.

OW! Okay, okay. I’ll wake up. Ugh.

The older man sat up which caused Yonsoo to fall from the bed again.

“Daddy! You’re finally awake! Come on! Daddy! Come on! Mom’s probably already waiting for us at the park!” the child said happily as he strode down their kitchen and prepared for breakfast.

The father was named Park Chanyeol.

He’s a successful 27-years old businessman and is the owner of many hotels and restaurants. He is well-known for his success, however none really knows what’s happening in his real life. What most know is that he had a wife that ran away somewhere unknown and left him with a 4-years old son named Yonsoo. Many says that he was actually happily married, but no. The real truth that his marriage was just arranged for the benefits of Chanyeol’s family and the woman’s family, except for Chanyeol himself.

Yonsoo, on the matter of his mother, is somehow still in denial that his mother had left them. No matter how much Chanyeol told his son that there’s a chance that his mother won’t come back, Yonsoo just thought of it like his mom was just going somewhere and that someday she would come back again.

Many pity the little one because he still couldn’t accept the real truth. But still, many thought Yonsoo would understand if he’s bigger.

But it pained Chanyeol’s heart looking at how hopeful Yonsoo was, and he didn’t want to take that happiness away from Yonsoo.

Chanyeol stood up from the bed, put on his slippers and went straight to the bathroom to fix himself up. He washed his face and brushed his teeth and wasn’t exactly surprised that when he opened the door, his son was there jumping up and down on his bed again.

He sighed and smiled a little as he watched his son. He won’t get used to this until the child grows, but he could bear with it. Yonsoo was precious to him after all.

Chanyeol approached his son and hold him high in the air, smiling when Yonsoo squealed in delight. “Daddy! Put me down!” Yonsoo said.

“What if I don’t want to?” Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, staring at his son teasingly. “What are you going to do?”

“I’ll bite you!”

“Oh, but Yonsoo is so cute and tiny~” the father grinned, “I’m bigger and you definitely didn’t scare me Yonsoo.”

“I can be scary!” the child exclaimed, before he determined trying to make a scary-looking face and make a monster-like-sound. “Raaaawrrr!”

“WOAH!” Chanyeol fake-shocked exaggeratingly and put down his son back on the ground before running around the room with his son chasing him from behind, making a cute roaring sound. “Argh! No! Save me!” Chanyeol run to his bed and cover himself up with his blanket.

Yonsoo chuckled. “Daddy! Come on, don’t play around~ Mom’s waiting for us at the park!”

Geez… did the kid seriously just told him to not playing around?

“Fine, fine. Just wait for me outside, okay Yonsoo?” He said as he ruffled his son’s hair.

“Okay! But be quick daddy!” Yonsoo replied as he ran down across the hall and went to the living room to watched some morning cartoons.

Sigh.

Kids.

It was Saturday and they always plan to go out during the weekends. Either they go out to lunch, to the park, or just hang out at the mall. Chanyeol thinks that this is a great way in spending time with his son knowing that the child would enjoy it even without his mother’s presence. And since Chanyeol also aware that he wasn’t able to spend time with his child due to his work, he thought it would be a great idea since the kid was an only child.

Chanyeol grabbed a simple shirt, jeans and sneakers and went out to the kitchen to have some breakfast. Once he got out of his room, Yonsoo suddenly ran across the hall to meet him again.

“Daddy, daddy, are you ready yet?” Yonsoo jumped up and down and Chanyeol chuckled at his son cuteness.

“Daddy will eat first okay? Why don’t you go and watched some cartoons while you wait?” Chanyeol suggested as he ruffled the boy’s hair. Yonsoo just nodded and let his dad eat.

---

 

 It was a sunny Sunday which makes it a great weather to go outside. Chanyeol sat down on a bench and began reading some things on the newspaper while Yonsoo wondered off and played.

“Ah! Chanyeol-hyung!”

Chanyeol looked up at the sound of his name being called. His eyes widen slightly in surprised upon seeing who it was. “Ah, Jongin-ah! What are you doing here so early in the morning?” Chanyeol greeted the younger man and let him sit beside him. He and Jongin has been best friends since Junior High and has been best friends until now.

“I was here with my boyfriend and his friend. But since they were busy with groceries, I got bored and decided to take a walk.” Jongin said.

Chanyeol made a face. “Another boyfriend?”

“Hah, I assure you hyung, this one is different. It’s Do Kyungsoo hyung, our classmate when we were in High School. The one I got a crush on back then. Remember him?”

“Aaaah! Kyungsoo! Yeah I remember him! The one with the big eyes, right?”

Jongin laughed at that. “Yeah, that’s him. He’s with Baekhyun now.”

The smile on Chanyeol’s face immediately replaced with a frown. “Whoa, whoa… wait a minute. Baekhyun? As in Byun Baekhyun?!” Jongin just nodded at his question. “That little midget is here?!” Chanyeol made a face as he remembered those time with his friend—err, no, more like enemy. Former enemy perhaps.

Park Chanyeol and Byun Baekhyun were enemies in High School. No one really knew why they have become enemies, they just hate each other’s gut. He remember that he, Jongin, Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun has always been put in the same class. There’s really no days where Baekhyun and Chanyeol stop fighting with each other.

Jongin chuckled. “Yeah, that Byun Baekhyun. I remember both of you always fighting with each other. I don’t even know why you hate him though, I mean, he’s really cute and likeable. I remembered just how many students got a crush on him and sending him mushy love letters and stuff.”

“Correction, its male students who got a crush on him and sending him mushy love letters and stuff, and I’m much popular than him!” Chanyeol protested.

“Oh, I also remember there was also a time when those letters from those guys stopped coming to Baekhyun.” Jongin said.

“Eh? Why?” Chanyeol asked curiously. Not that he cared, he just curious.

“Wow! You really don’t know?” Jongin laughed, staring at the taller male in amusement. “That was because many thought you guys were actually dating! Hah!”

“The hell?!” Chanyeol’s eyes widen in shocked. Was there really such rumor? Why didn’t he knew about it? “Ugh… There’s no way I’m dating that obnoxious midget! Even if he was the last person on earth, I would rather dating a rock!”

Jongin rolled his eyes at his hyung’s childish behavior. “Hyung, seriously… You’re 27 already, stop acting like that. Why do you hate him so much?”

Chanyeol only shrugged. “I don’t know… He just get on my nerves…” he said.

“Jongin!”

Both Jongin and Chanyeol looked to the owner of the voice, and Jongin immediately brightens upon seeing who it was. “Kyungie~”

“Hey, honey. Have you seen—Oh, Chanyeol? Is that you?” the man named Kyungsoo asked in surprised.

Chanyeol smiled at him. “Yes, it’s been a while Kyungsoo.”

“Yes it has been a while, isn’t it? But please excuse me, I’ve something that I need to take care of first.” Kyungsoo turn to his boyfriend now. “Honey, have you seen Baekkie? He suddenly just disappear and I couldn’t find him anywhere!”

Chanyeol cringed. He doesn’t have any idea why Kyungsoo has always been overprotective toward Baekhyun. That midget is feisty after all. He don’t need any protection.

“Err, no. I thought he’s with you.”

“He was! Until he said he wanted to grab something to drink and never came back!”

“Calm down, babe. I’m sure you’re just—”

“Daddy! Look! I found Mommy!” an excited Yonsoo came running back to his father dragging along another person who is clearly dumbfound and surprised.

Chanyeol turned to his running son and was about to scold him until he saw the person his son was dragging.

“See, Daddy? I found Mommy!” I knew we would find her here!” Yonsoo excitedly chattered.

Everybody silenced for awhile until a loud laugh escape from Jongin’s lips while Kyungsoo just gaped.

There, the person Yonsoo was holding was none other than Byun Baekhyun!

What the ?!?!                                                                                                                                         

---

Author’s note:

Well? How’s that for the first chapter? ^^
And I’m sorry for updating this late, I’ve been busy with midterm test.

Chapter 2 is already in the process^^ so it’ll be a bit faster. If I have the time, I might be able to post it this week^^ Wish me luck!

DON’T BE A SILENT READER!