Seven

Winter In Seoul

 

She immediately stand up as she heard his voice. "Chanyeol oppa?" She asked to make sure and she was right. It's him, Park Chanyeol. Her childhood friend but not her first love. She used to like him before and he likes her too but never confessed it. He doesn't have such a courage to do so. Even so, Naeun still can't get his first love's sight out of her mind. Chanyeol abroad to America to continue his education to a higher stage. He promised Naeun before, when they were in their young ages that he'll be back when he's done with his education. 

Chanyeol laughed from the phone. " So you still remember me huh? " he chuckled. Naeun just smiled. "Where are you now? I miss you." Chanyeol confessed. and his words make Naeun froze for a moment. She never expect Chanyeol to say something like that. He was her happy virus friend back then, He's the one who always cherish, comfort, and entertain her whenever she's sad. He's just a perfect bestfriend she ever had. And now, she doesn't expect that this playfull bestfriend of her would say something serious to her. " I miss you too" She said.

Myungsoo, who had been watching her from the bench widen his eyes as she says "I miss you too." Who is he that she's talking to? Is he her boyfriend? Chanyeol? Wait, did she just said chanyeol? As Naeun hung up the phone, myungsoo is about to ask about chanyeol. but he was cut off when Naeun take her coat and about to leave.

"I'm so sorry but i have to go now, I've to meet my friend at the airport. Is it okay that i leave you here?" She asked to make sure.She's in hurry that she can't sent myungsoo to the office. Myungsoo just nods and waved at her, don't have any words to say. Did she really said chanyeol? his head keep asking about it.

As soon as she arrived at the airport, she makes her way to the cafe that Chanyeol told he was waiting for her there. She enters the cafe. She search for the corner of the cafe to find him. and she saw a familiar figure that's sipping a cup of coffee sitting there. In the corner. It's been a long time.. I know it's always been is favorite place. And that's why she's looking for him at the corner in the first place.

She approach him. He looks at her and put down his coffee. He stand up and hugged her immediately " Naeun-ah, i miss you so much." He said while hugging her tightly. Naeun smiled and hugged him back. "I miss you too oppa.. let's take a seat" She said. 

" So i think you owe me a story." She chuckled. Chanyeol laughed. "And you owe me too." "Well, there's no differences in here. Before and after you left me. I work on a radio station as an announcer now, together with eunji. You still remember her right?" She asked, to make sure. He nods. "Of course! we're your happy virus team since we're a kid right?" he said happily, he's still the same. He's everyone's happy virus. Naeun just smiled and chuckled. "Yeah,you're right. And both of you will always be my happy virus. Well, everything's the same. I met a boy one month ago. He's woohyun oppa's friend. Well, he's quite close to me now. " She explained. 

As he heard the story from her, his heart's a little bit breaking in her last word. Who's the guy that's quite close with her? Who's the guy that's replacing his place now? 

"Who is he?" He asked, in a serious tone. "As i said, he's woohyun oppa's old friend. We got a lot things in common, that's why we got close so easily. Anyway what's with that serious tone?" She asked while laughing. She doesn't know what's Chanyeol feeling right now, as he arrived at Seoul he thinks that he might have a chance to have her, he thinks that he might have a chance to confessed his feelings that he had been keeping since 10 years ago,but it seems like those chances are gone.

"Haha, nothing. Glad to know that you're fine." He laughed and smiled. Suddenly the atmospehre changed. They're in an awkward silence. "Hey, what happened? everything's okay?" Naeun asked him to make sure. Suddenly chanyeol was surprised and go back to his senses. He nods and smiled. "So how's America? what did you do there?" Naeun broke the silence.

"What?! Chanyeol's here?!" Eunji asked surprisedly as Naeun tell her that Chanyeol is back at Seoul. Eunji's heart's beating so fast as she heard his name. Yeah, she used to like him. Maybe up to now, she still have those feeling towards him. Unfortunately, chanyeol just treats her as his bestfriend, but it's enough already for Eunji.

"Yeah, you're lovely boyfriend is here already" She said as she preapared her things in her table. "Yah! he's not my boyfriend." Eunji protested as she put her chin in both of her hands. Wondering what's chanyeol doing right now. Does he still remember me? she wondered.

"But you still like him right?" Naeun asked and Eunji couldn't answer it. She just froze and don't know what to answer. She likes him too much. She even waits for him,without he noticing. Naeun smiled, knowing the answer already. " Don't worry, he still remember you." She smiled. Like she knows what's eunji has been wondering right now.