2~

Hold My Hand

    The next morning Soohwa woke up with a groan, "It's Monday..." she sat up and brushed through her messy bed hair, she plodded to the bathroom and stared at herself in the mirror, "Ugh you look like a troll." She grabbed her toothbrush and violently began to "brush" her teeth till they hurt. She combed through her rats nest and put on some mascara then went to change.
        She slipped on her tightly fitted uniform (her mother decided she was a size 1 and not a size 3): it was white with a black border line, it was a short skirt and a red tie. She smiled at herself and grabbed her plaid backpack and headed out. Her first day at the new school. She was surprised her mother would even let her be in public.

 

        She hopped on the bus and it was so crowded she had to squeeze in between at least ten people. She somehow got to the middle of the bus, her back brushed against another and she turned around as best she could, her face met his, "I am so sorry!" she apologized and he smiled.
        "It's okay, it's a bus, happens all the time," his smile was sweet and innocent.
        "Thank you for being understanding," she smiled and he nodded, she looked him up and down and he was wearing a nicely fitted white shirt with a blazer.
        "Are you a student?" He asked suddenly.
        "Uh, yes I am." Soohwa said timidly and held on to the hook for dear life.
        "Oh, I'm assuming a transfer because I've never seen you on this bus." He smiled.
        "Yeah." She laughed sheepishly.
        Just then the bus stopped and it was a block away from the school, "Oh well this is my stop," she smiled.
        "Study hard," he said and she nodded and struggled to get out of the bus.

 

        Once she got out she started to walk down the street. There were more than a few students walking down the street.
        She smiled as she felt the nice spring wind as it blew through her hair. Soohwa knew she was going to like it here. It was normal, unlike her private school in Seoul. Her old school was utterly strict, cameras were everywhere, everything you did...they were watching, nothing was simple, students didn't walk to school, they were all driven by their chauffeurs. It was all so official. Even just taking a bus and walking to school, Soohwa knew this is what high school was suppose to feel like. To be normal. 
        "Watch out!" A guy yelled and Soohwa turned around briskly only to be run into by a guy on a bike, she fell onto the ground holding her head.
        "Ow..."
        "Oh my god! I am so sorry!" The guy yelled and helped her up.
        "It's okay," she said and opened her eyes slightly and saw a boy staring down on her.
        "I am really sorry, I tried to stop," he apologized.
        "No, it's really okay, no need to apologize," Soohwa smiled up at him and gripped her head from pain.
        "Are you sure you're fine?" He asked and got back on his bike.
        "Yeah I'm okay," she smiled sincerely.
        "Well, let me give you a lift, it's the least I can do." He smiled.
        "Yeah that'd be great," Soohwa chuckled and got on the back of his bike, she gripped his shirt and he laughed, "You might want to hold onto my waist or you're gonna fall off." she cleared and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Man I don't even know you're name and we're already back-hugging," He laughed. Soohwa chuckled awkwardly, he certainly was an odd guy. "Sorry, my name is Yixing." He smiled.
        "Oh okay, I'm Soohwa."
        "I haven't seen you around, are you new?" He asked.
        "Yeah I just moved here recently."
        "Oh are you going to school here at Sakura?" He asked, turning his head to try and look at her.
        "Yeah but only for a little while," She answered.
        "Oh? Are you going to be moving abroad?"
        "You could say that..." She trailed.
        "Or I could say...Hi my names Yixing, nice to meet you." He laughed.
        Soohwa laughed back at him, "Hi Yixing." He stopped his bike and they got off.
        "Well thank you for the ride Yixing," she smiled and stood in front of him as he locked up his bike.
        "Are you sure you don't have a concussion?" He asked.
        "No, I'm positive I'll be fine." 
        "I hope so," He smiled as he eyed her body. "How old are you?"
        "I'm seventeen."
        "Looks like we won't be in the same class." he smiled sadly.
        "Why how old are you?" she asked.
        "I'm fifteen," he answered.
        "Oh so you're a first year!" Soohwa said astonished and he nodded.
        "Oh shoot, we're gonna be late!" He yelled and grabbed her hand running towards the school entrance. As they approached Yixing smiled at her, "Well this is where we part, I'll see you around Soohwa," He said and ran off down the hall as Soohwa ran in the opposite direction. 'First day and I'm gonna be late.'

 

        Soohwa sighed and stopped running as she looked at a map of the school, "I have no idea where I'm going," she mumbled under her breath.
        "You lost?" A voice called out from behind me.
        She spun around and saw a cute baby faced boy smiling at her, "Uh, yeah, kinda," she blushed from embarrassment.
        He laughed, "It's okay, you're the new student right? I'm Luhan, the school president." He bowed 90 degrees.
        "Oh! Hello!" She addressed and bowed 90 degree, "I'm Jung Soohwa, class A-2, 17, 153cm, 43kg."
        Luhan laughed and covered his mouth, "You didn't need to give me your whole profile." Soohwa blushed as he regained his posture.
        "I'm sorry, it was rude of me to laugh," he bowed.
        "N-no it's okay," Soohwa waved her hands in front of her face as he looked up smiling.
        "Well then, how about we get you to your class?" He smiled and started to walk down a hall.

 

        She followed Luhan all the way to class A-2, "Here you are, have fun in your class," He smiled and walked off.
        "Thank you!" Soohwa yelled and he turned around and waved, then disappeared around the corner.
        Soohwa took a deep breath and walked into the class room.
        Everyone stared at her as she walked in, "Hello I'm Jung Soohwa, I'm the new transfer student."
        "Oh welcome!" The teacher exclaimed and smiled, she was beautiful with a long skirt hitting just above her ankles and a v-neck long sleeved shirt which showed a bit of cleavage. She dragged Soohwa to the front and began to introduce her, "Now class this is Jung Soohwa she's a new student so please make her feel welcomed."
        "Hello Soohwa!" The class said in unison.
        "You can go sit next to Chanyeol, Chanyeol please stand up." The Teacher ordered and a tall boy, at least six foot, stood up and Soohwa went to sit next to him.
        "Hi," She greeted him politely and in return, barely got a nod.
        "Not very friendly are you," she stated and he glared at her.
        "Hi I'm Chanyeol, we're in the middle of class so I don't talk." He said coldly.
        "Wow!" Soohwa whispered in a shocked tone and turned her attention back to the teacher.
        "What?" Chanyeol eyed her suspiciously. 
        "Nothing," she said quietly.

 

        Walking down the streets the following Thursday, with her backpack slung over her left shoulder Soohwa made her way to the local library by her school. She smiled as the spring wind blew through the Sakura trees, the streets were filled with people rushing back home. She walked over to the library and immediately ran to the romance section! Her favorite author, Jung Seo Min, was also the author of Seduced In The Sleepless City the best book in the entire world! 
        That woman was seriously the most fabulous romance writer the world had ever seen! The way she described every character, Ryoichi Hirose, Noel Aijima, and all the others. The story plot, the love, the female protagonist; It was all just so amazing! Even the scenes made Soohwa giggle with how romantic and passionate they were. Reading all of Seomin's work took Soohwa to a different world, made her dream, it gave her an unrealistic expectation of how love was suppose to be, but it made her happy, and that's what Seomin's books were suppose to do. Make her happy.
        Soohwa looked through all the books till she found Seomin's latest work, Kill 'Em For My Love. It was a story about a girl who could never grow old and her best friends Lily and Sam were her everything; and no one knew she loved Sam but he loved Lily but Lily loved James a bully. She kills Lily and James years later and then returns back to school where Sam is teaching and she goes to kill Lily and Jame's child. The plot was so complicated and Soohwa had already illegally read the book online but she wanted to feel the physical copy. 
        Soohwa squealed while reading and held the book close to her chest, "I can't wait to read it again!"
        "I take it you like that book," a man said, noticing her little fangirl actions.
        She didn't hesitate to answer, "I love this author! Jung Seo Min is the most amazing, most beautiful, gorgeous, most beautiful writer!" She could swear she almost had a heart attack just talking about the wonderful woman. The man laughed and Soohwa turned around blushing, "Oh I'm sorry, I must be bothering you."
        "No it's okay," he laughed and leaned up against the bookshelf, "I like that author too, I'm Minseok" he greeted and held out his hand, Soohwa quickly shook it and smiled, "I'm Soohwa."
        "Nice to meet you Soohwa," he smiled, "So how many of her books have you read?" 
        "Oh I've read all of them!" She exclaimed, smiling widely.
        He laughed and nodded, "Well I've read that book and it's really good. Not her best, but one of the better ones." He said pointing to the book in her hands.
        "Honestly, I have to agree, Seduced In The Sleepless City was easily her best work."
        "It seems that most debut novels are the best for novices."
        "I wouldn't say she's a novice, per-say, she could always improve."
        "I agree," Miseok looked around and ducked his head slightly as he motioned for Soohwa to move closer, she did so and he whispered into her ear. "Actually, I hear she's working on something else, my source tells me that it'll be released in a few months." 
        Soohwa gasped, "Why didn't she announce it yet?"
        "It's suppose to be a surprise I guess, but who knows." Minseok shrugged and moved away.
        "I hope it's a mystery romance!" Soohwa clapped her hands together and grinned. 
        "I'll let you know if I find out anything more." Minseok smiled.
        "That would be wonderful! Here have my number." Soohwa suggested.
        "Sure." Minseok replied and pulled out his phone, Soohwa entered her contact and handed it back to him.
        "I should probaby get going, it was wonderful meeting you Minseok." She smiled and turned to walk to the front desk.
        "Wait!" He exclaimed and instantly the Librarian shushed him, he smiled sheepishly and bowed his head apologetic.
        "Was there something you wanted to ask?" Soohwa inquired.
        "Yeah, you know, we can always read the book together and comment on it," he suggested. "Kill 'Em For My Love, I mean. I find it easier to understand the characters when I have someone comment and share ideas about what the author truly means."
        Soohwa grinned and nodded, "Okay, shall we meet up here tomorrow?" she asked.
        "Sure, is four okay?" He asked.
        "Yeah that'll be great," she smiled, "well I better check this out and get home," she pointed to the door and he nodded.
        "Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow," he said and walked out of the building.

 

 

        On her way home she saw a man outside in the grass, by Love Pond (as Soohwa so kindly nicknamed it) with a pallet; a woman, around thirty, was sitting in front of him smiling as he continued to draw her. Soohwa watched for a few seconds till he announced with a smile that he was done, the woman ran over and he showed her the portrait he had done of her.
        "It's fantastic!" She exclaimed and clasped her hands together. The man simply smiled and thanked her with a bow of his head. 
        "How much was that again?" She asked reaching for her wallet.
        "Oh no it's okay, you can have it for free." He smiled.
        "A-are you sure?" The woman stuttered.
        "Yes, just the fact that you blessed me with your presence is pay enough, so please take it." The woman blushed and with a bow took the picture and walked away saying one last thank you.
        "That was nice of you," Soohwa commented as she approached the man.
        "That woman doesn't even have money to pay for it," he said as he started to pack up his pencils.
        "What do you mean?" Soohwa looked confused as the mans radiant smile was replaced with a blank expression.
        "She recently went through a divorce and her husband took everything."
        "How do you know?"
        "Intuition," he said simply and looked at Soohwa, "who are you?"
        "Soohwa."
        "Nice to meet you Soohwa I'm Yifan." He stood up and shook her hand looking at her uniform. "You're a student at Sakura High?" He asked.
        "Yeah, I'm a third year."
        "Study well. Good bye," he said flatly.
        "Maybe I'll see you around!" Soohwa shouted after him, he turned around and smiled.
        "If it's fate," he said simply and walked away. Soohwa smiled to herself, he seemed like a very spiritual person. 'Maybe he's religious..' 


        Soohwa returned to her apartment turning on the TV to the news, she walked to the kitchen and made herself some instant ramen. She boiled the water, put it in the cup and waited three minutes.
        She walked back into the living room with the ramen and sat down on her couch.
        "Oh Sehun the son of Oh family, of Oh Family&Health franchise," The reporter announced, "it appears as if Sehun was caught leaving Krystal of F(X)'s house."
        Soohwa stared at the screen intently as the reporter continued, "Is Oh Sehun dating?" The reporter asked, "We'll bring you more news once we get more information."
        And with that a commercial came on, Soohwa sighed and turned the TV off. "If he is dating who cares? He's happy, let him be." She threw her cup of noodles away and went to her room to change.
        As she walked back to her living room in shorts and tank top she heard a knock on the door, puzzled she walked over and opened and to her joyous surprise he was standing there, "Bobby!" She squealed as she jumped into his arms, "You're back!"
        He laughed and grabbed her holding her up as she wrapped her legs around his stomach and wrapped her skinny arms around his neck.
        "I missed you!" He cheered and walked into her house.
        She heard Jongin's front door open as he saw Soohwa and Bobby.
        Bobby shut the door with his foot and led Soohwa to the couch, he sat her down and began to kiss her...she pulled away from the kiss and smiled, "I missed you so much."
        "I missed you too baby," he smiled back, he nodded his head toward the bedroom and she giggled.
        "Okay but we have to be quiet, I have neighbors now." He smiled widely and helped her up and walked her to the bedroom kissing her all the way...