Ryeowook

By Tomorrow

{When it’s tomorrow…}

Ryeowook heard footsteps outside his room. He opened the door a bit and peeked out, hoping it wasn’t who he thought it was. It was.

Kyuhyun, the maknae and {Name}, the girl Ryeowook had his eyes on ever since they first met. Ryeowook closed the door before they could see him watching them. He could hear {Name} laughing at something Kyuhyun said and he slid down the wall in despair. She was so in love with Kyuhyun that she didn’t notice him and his feelings.

 

{Name} was laughing but she had noticed Ryeowook. She did not mention to her boyfriend because then Ryeowook would be teased. She was in love with Ryeowook and Kyuhyun. Ryeowook’s cuteness and shyness made her smile and Kyuhyun’s outgoing personality made her laugh. Kyuhyun leaned over to kiss her.

 

Ryeowook left his room, as soon as he was sure that Kyuhyun and {Name} weren’t looking. Was she really that oblivious to his feelings? He always made it very open. He cooked her favorite foods, he tried to make her happy all the time, and what could Kyuhyun do?

 

Kyuhyun could only play video games. He could not cook or anything.

 

Ryeowook knew that he had to get over this petty crush on {Name} before it broke his heart, but he couldn’t. He fell in love with her more and more every time he saw her. He flopped down on a bench in the park and sighed.

 

Kyuhyun noticed that something was up with his girlfriend, when she didn’t kiss him back like she usually did. “Is something wrong?” he asked.

{Name} met his eyes. “Um….Kyuhyun…please don’t be mad at me.” She said. The sooner she had this out the sooner she could go find Ryeowook.

Kyuhyun looked at her and shook his head. “I’d never be mad at you…” he said, caressing her cheek lightly with one hand.

“I’m not in love with you anymore, Kyuhyun.” She said, not wavering in her speech.

 

Kyuhyun stared at her in shock for a bit, but his look hardened and he looked away. “Who is it, then?” he asked, pretending that he didn’t care about what she just said. In truth, the words that came out of broke his heart. He had truly loved her, but if she loved another, he would let her go at the cost of his own happiness.

 

“Ryeowook.” She said.

Kyuhyun was taken aback. Ryeowook was the one she loved? His own best friend and the guy Kyuhyun considered as a blood brother? He gulped and covered his face and turned around, his back facing her. “Then….” His voice wavered, “g-g-go to him…” he said, pushing her out of his room. He hoped that she never saw the glint of tears in his eyes. It would have been one thing to keep her by his side and see her unhappy, or at the cost of his own happiness, let her go.

That’s how much Kyuhyun had loved {Name}.

 

He let her go, so that she could be happy.

 

{Name} had seen the glint of tears in his eyes and that tore at her heart, but there was no time to think about Kyuhyun. She had to find Ryeowook and tell him that she had chosen the one she wanted.

 

Ryeowook had decided to give up on his crush on {Name} because he didn’t want to lose Kyuhyun and {Name} at the same time. “RYEOWOOK!” he turned at the sound of his name. {Name} was running up to him. As she ran up to him, he looked shyly at her. Even though she ran all the way here, she still looked beautiful.

“Yes, {Name}?” he asked, wondering what brought her here. {Name} hugged him and he awkwardly hugged her back. “I broke up with Kyuhyun…” she said.

 

Ryeowook had no idea how to react to this. She had broken up with Kyuhyun? “Why?” he asked, watching her out of the corner of his eyes.

“I told him that I was in love with someone else.” She said.

 

Ryeowook could feel his heart clench in jealousy. “Oh. Who is it?”

 

“You.”

“Me?”

“Yes, you, dummy!”

 

Ryeowook grinned at her and he hugged her even tighter. He had no idea that she felt the same way about him that he did about her. Kyuhyun was probably upset at her, but he knew the maknae would get over her and find another girl.

 

“Saranghae, {Name}.” Ryeowook said, his voice shy and soft.

“Love you too...” she whispered.

 

He took that chance to kiss her lips softly.

 

{..We agree not to meet again…}