Sungmin

By Tomorrow

{Sitting in the shop end of the road…}

{Name} began noticing that Sungmin was always coming home really tired, but she understood. Promotions for the new album, appearances on variety shows, and stuff like that. In a way, she always felt like Sungmin worked himself too hard, but whenever he was home, she tried to be a good fiancée and not to burden him with unnecessary information.

 

“I’m sorry that I am not home, as often as I would like.” He said, one night over dinner. {Name} simply shook her head, disagreeing with his apology. “Sungmin…it’s okay. I understand.” She said.

Sungmin took her hand that had his engagement ring in his.

“I want to be home more though. I want to help you plan our wedding…or have you changed your mind on marrying me?” he asked.

{Name} laughed lightly and shook her head. “I could never change my mind.” She said.

He kissed her hand. “I’m glad.”

 

The work load for Sungmin lessened by the end of the year and he was finally able to get a few days off for his wedding and honeymoon.

He stood at the altar, waiting for {Name}, wearing a pink shirt with a black tuxedo. He had picked it out himself. Sungmin took a deep breath to steady him as {Name} walked down the aisle towards him. She looked absolutely radiant and he was really happy.

 

She walked up to him and took his hand, smiling a bit. It was a little bit of happiness in her otherwise bleak world. She had leukemia, but Sungmin never knew.

 

“Do you, Lee Sungmin take {Name} {Last Name} to be your lawfully wedded wife in sickness and in health till death do you part?” The priest asked.

Sungmin smiled and tightened his hold on her hand. “I do.”

 

“Do you, {Name} {Last Name}, take Lee Sungmin to be your lawfully wedded husband in sickness and in health till death do you part?”

 

{Name} hesitated for a second. She was feeling a bit light headed. Death would part them sooner than they thought. “I do.” She replied, squeezing Sungmin’s hand.

 

He smiled and as soon as the priest said that he could kiss the bride, he leaned forward and kissed her lips gently. {Name} kissed back, but her light-headedness took over and {Name] fainted.

 

A little while later, he was sitting in the hospital waiting room. Sungmin could not believe that his wedding was going this way. As soon as the doctors that were looking at {Name} came out, he walked over.

“What happened to her?” he asked.

“Leukemia. It’s the last stage. There’s nothing we can do. She’s awake now, though, so you can go see her.” The doctor said.

“Leukemia. How long does she have?” Sungmin asked, ready to cry.

“Two weeks at best.”

 

Sungmin walked into the hospital room where his wife was resting. “Hey, {Name}…” he said, his voice softer than usual. {Name} looked up. “I guess you know...” she said.

He nodded. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” he asked, sitting next to her.

“You were busy. I didn’t want to burden you.” She said, looking away.

Sungmin sighed. “You could have told me, regardless.” He said.

 

{Name} squeezed his hand. “Two weeks at best is what we have. Considering how weak I am, I’ll probably only last a week, maximum.” She said.

Sungmin smiled and caressed her cheek. “In that case, I’m spending the next two weeks by your side, and you can’t tell me to go home.” He said, kissing her lips.

Their tears mixed together and it was obvious that they would be parted from each other soon. He just wished he knew earlier.

 

He spent all his time in the hospital. They talked about their dreams, said I Love you’s to each other and shared salty kisses. In the middle of the night, however, Sungmin was woken up by her weak coughs.

“Minnie…” she whispered, “I think…its time.”

Sungmin shook his head. “No. Not now….please…”

 

{Name} gently kissed his cheek and smiled. “I love you, Minnie… Keep me in your heart…” she whispered, and with a last breath, her eyes closed and the heart monitor went to a straight line.

 

Sungmin was now all alone to face the world.

 

{….I ordered a cup of missing you...}