Because It'S You

You're not supposed to say "I love you" back

 

それはあなただから

 

It’s been three weeks already since that embarrassing night and all of the students in our school knew my ‘relationship’ with that gangster Choi. There’s nothing negative about it so I just let that situation be. Funny thing about it though was that our ‘relationship’ got a fanclub already! What kind of sorcery was that?! Pretty sure most of the members were from Sooyoung’s. It’s not a big deal to me too and I’m pretty sure it’s no biggie to that Choi but still sometimes it bothers me, especially when they’re linking me to almost everything about that tall lanky, troublemaker girl.

 

Tiffany unnie argued with me, not doing anything about it at first but eventually let it passed. Most of the time, she’ll avoid the talk when Choi got to be mentioned. I don’t know why but I always shrugged the thought of it. Like, who would ever want a gangster for a girlfriend anyway? Absolutely not me but what can I do, it already happened and it’s clearly someone else’s fault. That Taecyeon’s and his friend’s of course! The guy always points at Wooyoung, then the blaming will just go around in circles.

 

Whatever to them.

 

I sighed frustratingly leaning her head on top of the piano board. I’m waiting for my friends to come at the place since it’s lunch break already, me, being a junior student often got dismissed earlier.

 

The piano room’s our usual meeting place. It’s not that we’re all fond of playing piano, well except for Hwang, that we always meets here, we just love how the place was so quiet and relaxing. Most of the time Tiffany will play a song or two for them. Me, including Jung and Kim’s just gonna listen and hum together once in a while. Jung and Hwang were part of the singers club while me and Kim were from the dancers club thus the popularity inside the school campus.

 

I was about to pick my phone from my pocket when I heard the door opened, there came in the mushroom, Tiffany holding some lunch box.

 

“Hi Yoongie.” She greeted me brightly. I smiled back at her then signaled her to sit beside me.

 

“Where are the two?” I asked the moment she took the seat and quickly examined the food inside her lunch box. “That taste good.” I remarked, pointing at the piece of kimbap.

 

“Shikshin. Yes of course it’s good, Mom made it.” She said while opening the box. “Jessie won’t eat with us today, she’s having her first orientation for the role she’ll play.” I made an ‘o’ at her, before eating the kimbap. Jessica just got a lead role for the upcoming festival in our school. She’ll play the role of Snow white together with Lee Donghae, one of her suitor. Jessica hate the guy though so I’m not sure why she still said ‘yes’ for that role.

“How about the choding?”

“Shut up, you’re a choding too Yoona.” Tiffany told me, eating a piece of the kimbap too.

 

I glared at her playfully. “Whatever you say Ms. Hwang. Where is she?”

 

Tiffany chuckled and let out a giggle. “She’ll be here, I just texted her a while ago. Now move.” She explained and tapped my shoulder. Knowing what that meant, I stood and move to the other seat, letting her sit in front of the piano. She opened the case then hit some notes, giggling a little after hearing the sound she made.

 

“Any request Im Yoona-ssi?” she asked me playfully. I leaned my elbow on the table, smiling at her.

 

“I don’t have any. Just sing any song for me.”

 

“Okay.” She turned her attention to the piano and slowly began pressing some key. Unlike the past times where she only played, she started singing while playing. I sat up straight cause this will be the very first time in my life that I will hear Tiffany sing. Yeah, we’re friends since forever but never once had I ever heard her sing, weird right? I also stopped munching on the food and just look and listen to her intently.

 

♪ (Baby tonight)
Oh my love, you're my life everyday
(Baby tonight)
Oh my love, you're my life everything

Ireoke neoreul bogo isseumyeon
Nan ipmatchugo shipgo
Ireoke neoreul bogo isseumyeon
Naneun neoreul angopa

Saranghae saranghae neoreul neomu saranghae
Saranghae saranghae neoreul nae jashinboda deo

Ggochipimyeon nabiga doejulgge
Nae dwireul ttara naraomyeon dwae
Biga omyeon usani doejulgge
Nae pume angyeoseo neon bireul piharyeom

Nagyeomjimyeon chinguga doejulgge
Nae soneul japgo goereogamyeon dwae
Nuniomyeon jibungi doejulgge
Nae koteuaneseo neon pyeonhage shwimyeondwae

(Baby tonight)
Oh my love, you're my life everyday
(Baby tonight)
Oh my love, you're my life everything

Niga nae gyeote isseumyeon nan neomuna haengbokae
Niga amumal eopshi nareul barabogimanhaedo jwa
Eojjeoda niga ppijyeodo nan neomuna gwiyeowo
Neo-ye jeonbureul saranghanikka nan

Saranghae saranghae neoreul neomu saranghae
Saranghae saranghae sesang geu nuguboda deo

Ggochipimyeon nabiga doejulgge
Nae dwireul ttara naraomyeon dwae
Biga omyeon usani doejulgge
Nae pume angyeoseo neon bireul piharyeom

Nagyeomjimyeon chinguga doejulgge
Nae soneul japgo goereogamyeon dwae
Nuniomyeon jibungi doejulgge
Nae koteuaneseo neon pyeonhage shwimyeondwae

Ggochipimyeon nabiga doejulgge
Nae dwireul ttara naraomyeon dwae (oh my love)
Biga omyeon usani doejulgge
Nae pume angyeoseo neon bireul piharyeom (bireul pihae)

Nagyeomjimyeon chinguga doejulgge
Nae soneul japgo goereogamyeon dwae (nae soneul jaba)
Nuniomyeon jibungi doejulgge
Nae koteuaneseo neon pyeonhage shwimyeondwae (pyeonhage shwimyeondwae)

(Baby tonight)
Oh my love, you're my life everyday
(Baby tonight)
Oh my love, you're my life everyday

 

The moment she pressed a few added notes, I literally bolted up from my seat to give her a couple of applause.

 

“God! You’re awesome Tiffany unnie! Why did I only hear your voice now!?” I seriously couldn’t stop admiring and complimenting her.

“Oh c’mon Yoongie. It’s because you won’t shut your mouth when I’m playing.” She said, teasing me. I pouted at her then we laughed together.

 

“Who taught you how to play the piano though? I mean, even before I didn’t hear your voice I know it sounds great but really who? Uncle?”

 

I saw her smiled while closing the case. “Someone very very special.” The way she smiled made me think that that the person was very dear to her, not to mention, the description.

 

“Who?” I asked her teasingly. She was walking towards the table when I saw her looking at the door, her smiled instantly faded away. I turned my head around to check only to see the face I hate seeing the most. The face of a gangster, Choi Sooyoung.

 

Well her left side chin have some band aid, indicating that she, again, came into a fight. Seriously this girl!

 

I stood up from my seat and faced her.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked, raising my left eyebrow at her. Sooyoung, stood up straight and smirked at me.

 

“What? Can I not check my girlfriend during lunch time?”

 

I scoffed hearing her remarked. “Shut up. Get out from here Choi.” I told her threateningly.

 

“This is not yours Im. I can be here whenever I want.” She said and winked at me. I remembered that one time when I told her those same exact words. I was about to answer her the nearest snapped word at her when I heard her speaks again. “Don’t tell me ‘Whatever.”

 

Ugghh!! I instantly turned red, angered.

 

“Can you just get out?” I shouted at her.

 

“Fine. I can see you eating well anyways accompanied by someone.” She looked at me then turned her attention at Tiffany for a second then turned her body around, walking out from the room.

 

I sat at the chair frustratingly. “That Choi! I swear she’s the only girl that can annoy the hell out of me.” I began babbling curse words but stopped after I shifted my attention to Tiffany who’s still standing up, looking at the door Sooyoung went out to. I don’t know but there’s something in her eyes that I couldn’t just put into words. Some kind of a pained look? Or something…. I shrugged the thought off then just called out to her softly.

 

“Unnie?” She looked at me, her eyes smiling.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Are you alright?”

 

She was about to answer me when again, the door opened, revealing a looking fresh Hyoyeon, holding some plastic bag.

 

“I saw Choi Sooyoung walked out from here. What happened?” she asked, walking towards our table.

 

“What do you think? She came here only to annoy me.” I rolled my eyes when I heard her laugh.

 

“You two, why is it that you always bicker huh Yoona?”

 

“Go ask her Hyoyeon unnie cause seriously all she do is annoy me.”

 

“She probably like you  that’s why. She’s your girlfriend anyways, she must be doing that to get your attention maybe?”

 

“Stop reminding me about that unnie. Why were you late?” I began opening the bag she brought and clapped happily when I saw the cookies inside.

 

“Dance practice.” She simply answered.

 

I started munching the food again, taking a glance at Tiffany unnie from time to time, contemplating whether to ask her about the expression I saw from her a while ago but I decided to just let it off, thinking that it's not the right time yet.

 

***

who here has twitter?

i honestly don't know what to do there but anw, guys if you have one, kinda follow me maybe?

TALK TO ME THERE PLEASEEEE!!

idk who to follow too

i'm such a noob hahaha

https://twitter.com/soonaice