Whatever

You're not supposed to say "I love you" back

どんな

 

School students usually are divided according to their ‘group’.

 

Kings and queenkas, nerds, gangsters, bullies and some just nothing.

 

Im Yoona belongs to the queenkas of her school. Thanks not only for her goddess-like beauty but also because she’s also a top notch in her class. She’s in the group together with her bestfriends, Jung Jessica, Hwang Tiffany and Kim Hyoyeon.

 

Being a member of the said group, pressures her sometimes cause others are teasing her not having her own boyfriend, girlfriend or what. That’s why most of times, her bestfriends often introduce her to guys who like them, also belong to the visual group of the school, one of those is Ok Taecyeon.

 

The said guy had been courting her for about a month now but she just can’t say yes most especially when she don’t like the guy, not even a bit. She’s more like hating the guy because of his absurd cockiness that’s always annoy her to the highest level. Also, she’s not READY to be in a relationship yet.

 

How can my friends always introduce me to guys when they’re also not in a relationship yet? Why always me?

 

She scoffed thinking about her friends.

 

“Im Yoona. What are you doing here again?”

 

She looked to where the voice came from only to find the famous ‘gangster’ in the school, Choi Sooyoung, leaning on the door frame of the room, wearing her rugged P.E uniform, her hair in a complete mess.

 

She raised an eyebrow after checking the latter’s appearance. “This is not yours Choi. I can be here whenever I want.” She heard Sooyoung scoffed.

 

“Whatever.”

 

After telling that one word to her, she saw the tall girl walked inside the room and closed the door. Frightening Yoona a bit when she saw Sooyoung walked closer to her seat.

 

“What are you doing?” she tried to hide the fear in her voice. Yeah, even if she's also one of the  famous student here in school, she also have fears no, especially when it comes to this tall lanky girl. She’s the best definition of being a troublemaker. She always gets into fights and heck most of the times it’s with the BOYS. And she saw her just last week picked a fight with that Ok. She didn’t know what truly the reason was but base from what she heard, Taecyeon poured some juice on a student having lunch at the cafeteria then this tall girl saw it and argue with him.

 

Fierce yeah?

 

Even her friends always remind her not to communicate nor cross path with her but how can she do that when even in the tiniest corner of the school they often meet? She confronted her once asking if she’s stalking her or something. Her answer made her so furious that after that day she started hating on her too. 

 

Not worthy to stalk.

 

Tsk. Who that Choi Sooyoug thinks she is?! She's Im Yoona! One of the school’s goddess!

 

What happened that one embarassing night added up on making her hate her even more....that night...for the quarterly held party.

Flashback:

"What are you all still doing here? Aren't we supposed to be at the court by now?...guys?"  Yoona looked at her group of friends who were all seem busy playing that spin the bottle thing. The heck! What's up with these people?! We're supposed to party tonight, not be stucked here doing absolutely non-interesting and fun things. 

"One more Yoongie, then we'll go." Taecyeon winked at her then continued spinning the bottle while she's standing beside Tiffany , who's also looking so engrossed from the mini game. She turned her attention to Jessica, who's sitting beside Hyoyeon , one wearing a happy expression while the other' one's having the same bored expression like her. She was about to laugh upon seeing Jessica rolling her eyes when her friends suddenly pointed at her. She gave them a what-did-i-do-look, not having any idea of what just happened.

"Well well, look what we have here Yoongie." Taecyeon pointed at the bottle which in return pointing at her. Her jaw dropped literally after seeing that.

"No." she shook her head vigorously.

"What? You're supposed to do this."

"Excuse me? I'm not part of that non-sense game of yours Taecyeon."

"Yeah but the bottle pointed at you. Either do the challenge or we're not going inside to party." he looked at her teasingly making her sigh from frustration.

"I won't be do-"

"Cmon Yoona, just do it. I'm getting bored here. If not, then I'll be just going home then." Jessica coldly told her not even bothering to look at her.

What kind of friend are you Jung?! 

"Oh where's the fun? You can't go home Jessi! Yoona, just do it please?" Hyoyeon blurted out, looking so concerned.

What the heck?! Really?!

"So?"

"You don't have to do it Yoona, we can just go home you kno-" before Tiffany can even finish what she's about to say, Yoona bolted up from her seat then walked towards the table where the bottle lies. Grabbing it she shouted 'Fine' in an annoyed tone.

Taecyeon and her friends, cheered up happily some even clapping.

"What am I gonna do?" she asked Taecyeon impatiently. The latter fake a cough then shrugged his shoulders at her.

"Ask Wooyoung what to do."

"Will you tell me now so we can go?" she turned her attention to the said guy then glared at him.

"Okay well...you just have to go inside then tell the first person you'll see the words 'I love you' then don-

"WHAT?! You must be kidding me! I am not gonna do that!! Never gonna!" 

It's not only Yoona that got shocked upon hearing the challenge Wooyoung was proposing but also her friends.

"You don't have to do that Yoongie, we can just go home." Tiffany told her, convincing not to do the non-sense challenge.

"Oh cmon, there'll be no harm doing that Yoona, you're wearing your mask anyway." the guy chuckled at her. "Do it or we're not going." Taecyeon told her, grinning.

"Curse you two!"  the guys only shrugged at her. "There won't be next time that we'll go out with the four of you." she glared at Taecyeon and his friends then started walking towards the door, leading to the court but before she can open the door Wooyoung quickly ran after her giving her a mic. Where did he get it, she didn't bother asking, she just took it and fix her mask before completely opening the front door.

After opening the door, she saw how crowded the place already. Even if she still remembered the deal about telling it to the first person she'll see, she didn't bother then just walked closer to the person standing near her. 

 

Then the rest that happened after telling that person was history. Yeah, H-I-S-T-O-R-Y. A part where Yoona hated the most in her entire life! 

Blame this Choi for that!! 

 

“You know what, I think it’s bad that you’ve been hanging with that Jung too much. You’re spacing out.”

 

She heard her laugh after telling her that so she quickly tried looking at her only to get a shock of her life when she saw her only in her top. Yoona's eyes widened almost instantly, gulping an invisible lump from .

 

“Like what you're seeing Im?”

 

What the?! This Choi!!

 

“In your dreams!”

 

She quickly took her things and bolted up from her seat, not even daring to look back.

 

She walked out from the room breathless with her cheeks flushed.

 

"I’ll get to you back Choi Sooyoung! Just wait!" Yoona reminded herself mentally.