Misconceptions of Me

You're not supposed to say "I love you" back

 

私の誤解

 

Another tiring day at school had passed and here I am, trying to give myself some decent rest when I heard my phone rings. I lazily stood up from the bed and walked to my study table where the phone was.

 

“What do you want midget?” I asked the moment I pressed the green button of my phone.

 

“Troublemaker Choi.”

 

I rolled my eyes from what my friend called me.

 

TROUBLEMAKER CHOI.

 

Tchh!

 

I got to be labeled a troublemaker inside the school, when I’m not the one giving trouble in the first place. I haven’t done something bad to people, well teasing and annoying Im isn’t counted. But yeah, I’m not really a troublemaker, I’m supposed to be called a heroine no since I always help people who always gets to be bullied inside the school but most of the students, probably Ok’s ‘supporters’, mistaken it as me always picking fights to any random student. I only fight with that beast okay? That’s probably the reason for my popularity in school.

 

Is it wrong to stand up and fight to that couple of bullies, by which I meant was Taecyeon and friends. They’re the troublemakers, not me. I already got some detentions because of them but luckily I haven’t got kicked out yet. If that happens, me getting kicked out, it’s not only in school that I need to walk out but also from my Mom’s wrath. I would even have to run once I did.

 

So, I was trying with all my might not to get into some random fights again but that Taecyeon’s been bugging me around especially now that I got Im Yoona as my girlfriend. Speaking of her, I honestly don’t know what her problem with me is. She’ll always snap at me everytime we meet and heck when we do; I’m not even doing anything to her. She’ll start it first. Like for real! Not that I fear her or something but sometimes it just get to my nerves. I think that’s her way of greeting me so in order not to be called ‘rude’, I’ll ‘greet’ her back. I annoy and . Isn’t that polite enough? She’s giving me reasons to do it anyway.

 

I frowned at myself remembering what the past months of school offered me up to this day. And if there’s one word I could give to describe how it was, no doubt… STRESS.

 

“Yo troublemaker Choi, still there?”

 

I instantly snapped from my clouded thoughts hearing the midget’s voice.

 

“Call me that again and I will hang up on you.”

 

I told her threateningly earning a slight laugh from her.

 

“Why are you so grumpy Soo?”

 

“You disturbed me.”

 

“From? You’re talking to your girlfriend?”

 

Eh?

 

“What are you talking about? I’m having some rest.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“What oh?”

 

Seriously this midget!

 

I was about to say something again when I heard her speak.

 

“I’m coming over; I need you to help me with something.”

 

I scrunched up my left eyebrow.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Open the door first.”

 

Right after she told me that, I heard the doorbell ringed. I hanged up the phone and walked out from my room and went to open the door for her. Once I opened the door wider, she slipped her little self in.

 

“Where’s Auntie?” she asked after removing her shoes off then quickly dashed to the living room and occupied the long couch. I followed her suit chuckling.

 

“Grocery shopping.” I answered, sitting beside her. “What is it that you want my help with?” I nudged her elbow lightly.

 

“Aren’t you going to offer me something first?” she asked slightly pouting.

 

“Oh no not that Tae, go get one then.” I told her reaching for the remote.

 

Taeyeon and I are bestfriends, she’s actually a year older than me but since she’s way too short for her age and she’s a kid, most of the time I looked like her older sister and she’s my cutie dongsaeng. Not that I have a problem with that but oh well.. She’s always welcome here in the house and since I’m an only child, my mom also refers to her as her daughter too.

 

I was busying myself scanning around through the tv’s channel when Taeyeon came back and sat beside me, putting all the food and drinks she got from the kitchen on top of the table.

 

“How’s your day by the way?” Taeyeon asked me, tearing the chips open.

 

“You guess..”

 

I heard her chuckled that made me smirked.

 

“You spent it with Yoona and y-“

 

I smacked her head lightly telling her that her answer was wrong, earning myself a glare from her.

 

“No I didn’t. Why will I even spend time with her?”

 

“Oh cause she’s your girlfriend.” Taeyeon told me a matter-of-factly, sarcasm can be trace from it.

 

“Whatever. Because of that, the beast was back bugging me.” I sighed loudly, reaching for the can of cola on the table.

 

“Yoona’s a good catch though.”

 

She told me teasingly.

 

“Still not my type.” I stole the bag of chips she’s holding and quickly dipped my hands to get some before giving it back to her.

 

“So…” she started. “How’s your day again?”

 

We looked at each other then just burst out laughing for the question was almost been forgotten.

 

“Well as usual, Yoona saw me and bam!”

 

“She snapped at you.”

 

“Uhuh. What is it that you want my help with?”

 

“Oh that! I almost forgot.”

 

This kid.

 

“I want you to help me with this.” She quickly gets her bag and pulled out some papers, checking before giving it to me.

 

“Oh, for the play?” I asked, taking a quick scan of it.

 

“Yep. I need to help Jung on it since she’ll play the lead.”

 

“Jung? Jessica?”

 

She nodded at me.

 

“Never knew you were friends with her Tae.” I gave her a teasing look.

 

“Oh no not that one. Mr. Jo asked me for that okay. End.”

 

“Why I’m not surprised singer Tae. HAHA!”

 

“So can you help me?”

 

“What help exactly?”

 

I saw how she hesitated first but eventually explained it to me.

 

“Play the piano for me.”

 

I was taken aback from what she told me, what made me more restless was when I saw her determined look on her face. I didn’t know what to do exactly so I remained silent for a few mere seconds before finally speaking up.

 

“You do know I stopped playing that Taeyeon.” I told her seriously.

 

“Yeah of course I know but Soo don’t tell me you still haven’t moved on fro-“

 

“Don’t open that kind of talk Taeyeon.” I told her rather fiercely.

 

“God Soo it’s been a year already! Are you still keeping that bu-“

 

“You knew what exactly my reasons are Taeyeon.” I stood up from my seat, trying to walk out when she pulled me down again.

 

“Will you please let me finish first? Soo..look at me.” She cupped my face and made me look at her; I struggled for a bit but eventually let her. “You couldn’t avoid her forever Soo we both know that. You see her everyday, and you’ll see more of her since you’re wi-“

 

“I know.” I took her hands off from my face and stood up. “But still I don’t have any plans of talking to her.”

 

“Soo-“

 

“Fine, I’ll play for you.”

 

I saw how she got surprised by me agreeing on the help she’s asking. I mean, Taeyeon’s a friend, a bestfriend to be specific and I won’t let her be disappointed at me just because of some memories I wouldn’t even want to remember anymore.

 

“Taeyeon ah…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it that way.”

 

She smiled at me and patted my shoulder.

 

“It’s fine Soo, I should you know, think before I speak.” She gave me her dorky smile so I smiled back at her.

 

At times like these, I appreciate the fact that I have Taeyeon as my bestfriend more; she’s the only person who stayed through my ups and downs. She knows everything about me. She’s the only one whom I can be carefree about. She’s the one who tended me up when someone left me. Someone who was way too special..And someone who’s still special and will always is special throughout my life.

 

I smiled at myself looking back at the memories of Taeyeon, just being Taeyeon to me and know that I’m lucky.

 

“When do we start?” I asked her.

 

“Can I have some of your time tomorrow?”

 

“Sure. Lunch time.” I gave her a reassuring smile that everything’s fine with me.

 

“Okay. I’ll be going home now.”

 

“You’re not going to wait for mom? I mean, dinner here maybe?”

 

“Well I’m up for one.”

***

A/N: COMMENT REPLIES

monikazw: i'm curious too! kyaaah! ^^

sachiiko_soo: waaaw thank you! i'm a kindergarten kiddo when it comes to writing tho kekeke. oh about their bickering there's more to come you can expect that! :>

Forever9: maybe yes? maybe no? or maybe maybe? O.O uh-oh HAHAHA!! talk to me there please? ^^;;

soonachos: you're welcome! ^^ was it that obvious?! ^^;; T_T kekeke i have a ruined mind so this story might be twirling and confusing : WARNING /ppiyongppiyong

Youngielove: i can smell it too!! 

THANK YOU ALL FOR READING! I APPRECIATE IT A LOT ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU LEAVE COMMENTS CAUSE IT MOTIVATES ME TO BE HONEST, IT HELPS SINCE I'M STILL A KIDDO.