Disaster

You're not supposed to say "I love you" back

 

災害私とあなた

 

Sooyoung was almost done fixing her school uniform when her Mom suddenly barged inside her room holding her usual cup of coffee. She took a glance at her from the mirror then continued buttoning the last piece of her uniform.

 

“You’re looking good sweetie.” Her mom told her.

 

“Am I not always?” she answered back with a grin, earning a light chuckle from her mother.

 

“Daddy must be very proud with that.”

 

“Mom…”

 

“Well, only when you’re not getting yourself some trouble.” Her mom told her in a teasing tone and she just rolled her eyes at her.

 

“Mom, I’m not always looking for trouble. Trouble itself loves me you know.” She let out a satisfied smile after tying the tie that matches her uniform then walked to where her mom was standing.

 

“Then don’t love it back. Alright Soo?”

 

Laughing, she put her arms around her mom’s shoulders and slowly walked out from her room.

 

“Alright Mom. I’m gonna do that.”

 

“Good then.”

 

They were in the kitchen when her Mom handed her some lunch box.

 

“Oh, thanks Mom but I guess you have to double the content cause you know..” Sooyoung tapped her stomach while smiling. Her Mom chuckled at her then shooed her away from the kitchen.

 

“I did already. Share it with Taeyeon alright? Heard you’ll help her with something.”

 

“Yeah that. She asked me to play the piano for her.” Sooyoung casually said that made her mom raised an eyebrow at her.

 

“So you will?”

 

She let out an audible sigh before answering. “It’s for Taeyeon.”

 

“Well I’m glad. Finally. Have you talked to her?”

 

She frowned knowing who’s her mom’s talking about.

 

“There’s no need for a talk Mom.” She told her firmly.

 

“But Soo-“ Before her mom could say more she quickly cut it off.

 

“I’ll see you after class. Don’t miss me.”

 

She pecked her mom’s right cheek then headed out of their house.

 

***

 

She arrived 10 minutes earlier so she decided to stroll around the corridor, looking for a certain midget whom she knows was and will always be seen in the school premises earlier than any of the hard-working student she knew her bestfriend, Kim Taeyeon.

 

She went to check in the library first but immediately went out when she saw no one. Library and books couldn’t match up with her. She found reading way too boring and always kept in mind that sitting for hours holding some infamous to famous books will just make her already crazy mind crazier.

 

After hearing the first bell indicating that there’s still 5 minutes left for the students to go to their respective classrooms, she decided to just go directly in her own room. And as usual, during this kind of ‘rush’ hour, students often lurk outside their room, always sharing the same old stories every day.

 

She climbed the stairs that would lead to her classroom but when she was about to open the front door she heard some student hissing that caught her attention. Other was looking at her while some were looking somewhere she couldn’t see since there’s a bunch of student gathering around it. When the student finally dispersed she saw who the center of attraction was.

 

Her ‘girlfriend’, Im Yoona together with her oh-so-familiar group of beauty and the beast friends.

 

Why I am not surprised?

 

She chuckled at the thought and decided to just ignore them. She went inside her classroom and sat straight to where her own seat was. Most of her classmate greeted her, and she only smiled at them. She then prepared to rest her head on her desk but raised it almost immediately when she heard one of her classmate called for her.

 

“Sooyoung-ssi.”

 

“What?”

 

“Yah Choi Sooyoung.”

 

She turned to look past at her classmate who called for her and headed it straight to the front door and saw Ok Taecyeon there standing. She planned on ignoring the tall guy when yet again he called out her name.

 

“Getting rude now are we?”

 

She scoffed at him ridiculously.

 

“Look who’s talking. I don’t have anything to deal with you and you too with me so I’m curious why are you always looking for me.” She said seriously, not minding to look at him.

 

It’s Taecyeon’s turn to scoff.

 

“I have every reason of doing so. You are Yoona’s girlfriend. And the way I see it, you’re not treating her well like a good girlfriend should be.”

 

“And you think you’ll be a good boyfriend for her? Why? Because of that  oh-so-bloated-muscle-face of yours? Tsk. Don’t make me laugh Ok.” She looked at him and smirked angering Taecyeon.

 

“What did you just said?!"

 

Taecyeon suddenly went towards her and was about to grab her collar when the teacher called out for him.

 

“Ok Taecyeon. What are you doing here? Picking a fight with one of my student again?”

 

All the students including Sooyoung turned their attention at the teacher.

 

“You just got lucky Choi. The next time we meet I’ll make sure you’ll be wiping something on your face.” Taecyeon whispered at her through gritted and again, she just smirked at him.

 

“We’ll see about that.” Sooyoung said, full of determination.

 

“Ok Tae-“

 

The teacher was about to say something again when Taecyeon raised both his arms and waved at their teacher’s direction before exiting the classroom.

 

She sighed the moment she saw the door closed but got shocked when she saw her teacher standing in front of her. She automatically stood up straight and tried avoiding her teacher’s gaze.

 

“Go at the back Choi.”

 

GREAT! JUST GREAT!

 

Curse you Ok Taecyeon!

 

Uggghhhhh!!

 

 

*RIIIIIIIIIIING!!

 

Sooyoung exhaled loudly after hearing the bell rang and quickly gathered her things and walked out of her classroom. She decided going to Taeyeon’s room so they could go together at their ‘meeting’ place. She got annoyed when she saw that there’s no one left in the classroom already.

 

She took out her phone and gave her bestfriend’s phone a ring. It was answered after a few rings.

 

“Yah midget where are you?”

 

“I’m here already. You can just go here.” Said Taeyeon from the other line.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?! I walked to-

 

“You didn’t ask. Now go here. Let’s have lunch together with uhmm..some friends?”

 

Taeyeon told her in a cautious tone but Sooyoung already knew who these ‘friends’ she’s talking about and she have to admit, she got nervous but kept it aside, convincing herself that she’s doing it for her bestfriend.

 

She sighed first before answering. “I’m on my way.” She hung up the phone and started walking to where her bestfriend is waiting.

 

At the music room.

 

“She’s on her way…uhmm is it really fine for you guys? I mean, we might disturb you.” Taeyeon asked Jessica hesitantly earning a light chuckle from the blonde.

 

“If you tell it when your friend’s here, she might scold you. Every student’s welcomed to go here Taeyeon-ssi. Well we’re always here but that doesn’t mean we own it here.”

 

Taeyeon just nodded.

 

“Oh by the way, since you said Sooyoung’s on her way here why don’t you just told her to pick her girlfriend in her classroom so they can go here together?” Hyoyeon told her.

 

“Should I?” Taeyeon asked looking at Jessica who in return gave her a nod. She then turned to look at the eye-smiling girl who’s sitting two seats away from her. She’s wearing her usual smiling expression that made Taeyeon’s uneasiness fade away.

 

She scratched the back of her neck then called Sooyoung’s phone. She got startled the moment Sooyoung spoke.

 

“Yah! That hurts!”

 

“Soo-“

 

“Tae? I’m sorry there- Yah! What the heck?!” Again, Sooyoung shouted from the other line.

 

“Soo are you alright?” Taeyeon asked concernedly, gaining the attention of the three persons who were sitting in front of her. “So-“ she was about to say something again when they heard someone shouted outside the room.

 

“Get out of my way!”

 

The four of them instantly turned to look at the door’s direction and saw a furious looking Yoona walking inside. What made them even more shocked was when they saw Sooyoung trailing at the back holding her head, her face seriously looked so in pain. Taeyeon ran towards her bestfriend and checked on her. When she was about to touch Sooyoung’s head when almost instantly Sooyoung flinched and stood up straight, her index finger pointing straight at Yoona accusingly.

 

“Yah! Do you really have to do that?! God you’re such a sadist!”

 

Yoona snapped at her and glared at her.

 

“You shouldn’t block my way you idiot! That’s what you get!”

 

“Yah! I got there first!”

 

The two of them started bickering leaving the four audience confused, one of those has her eyes on the much taller girl, concern can be seen on her face clearly but still managed to hide it since everyone’s attention was on the bickering couple.

 

After a minute of bickering and shouting, their respective friends started calling them down. Taeyeon on Sooyoung. Jessica, Hyoyeon and Tiffany on Yoona. When they finally settled down, a deafening silence surrounded them. Taeyeon coughed a little, trying to make a way to break the silence when Hyoyeon beat it for that when she started laughing pointing at the Sooyoung and Yoona.

 

“Seriously you two. What were you fighting a while ago?” Hyoyeon asked them in broken words.

 

The five of them looked at Hyoyeon, who’s still laughing her off on her seat beside Tiffany. Yoona frowned before looking at Sooyoung, who’s gently rubbing her head that got hit by her a while ago.

 

And okay, now that she thinks about it, the fight was really such a non-sense one. And seeing Sooyoung in that kind of state made her feel really guilty. She might have always told herself that she hates Sooyoung but yeah she doesn’t have any right to just hit her like that. She’s hitting herself mentally thinking of what to do or rather what to say to the tall girl.

 

“Can we eat first?”

 

Yoona looked up almost instantly when she heard Sooyoung spoke. Taeyeon who was sitting beside her giggled and opened Sooyoung lunch box’ for her.

 

Hyoyeon finally calmed herself down with the help of Tiffany and both opened their lunch box, Jessica chuckled and did the same before turning her attention to Taeyeon who was sitting in front of her. “Taeyeon-ssi, did you make some arrangement for the song?”

 

“You don’t have to be formal, call me Taeyeon and no, I didn’t make any, well it depends on Sooyoung...” Taeyeon looked at her bestfriend who was eating silently beside her. “…she’ll play the piano.”

 

They all turned their attention at Sooyoung, except for Tiffany who just continued munching on her food. Yoona had her jaw dropped knowing Sooyoung knows how to play piano.

 

“So you know how to play?” Yoona asked looking at Sooyoung but instantly turned away when she saw Sooyoung looked back at her. Well, she’s guilty over something so she couldn’t look at her confidently. She even noted mentally to say sorry to her some other time.

 

“I do.” Sooyoung answered timidly.

 

“That’s great! I mean, wow Sooyoung- I hope you don’t mind me calling you that way? We’re already friends right uhm since..” Jessica said, smiling looking at Yoona then back at Sooyoung.

 

“I don’t mind. Hey, will you be eating that mushroom?” Sooyoung asked to the girl in front of her. And as if it’s the most natural thing to do, they all turned to look to whom Sooyoung was referring to only to find the eye-smiling girl looking back at the tall girl with a shocked expression.

 

“I..uhmm..no..yeah..” Tiffany stuttered making Jessica and Hyoyeon laughed at her actions. Yoona tilted her head first before chuckling.

 

“Unnie? You got shocked easily.” Yoona told her. Taeyeon on the other hand, gave Tiffany a slight glance before looking at her bestfriend.

 

Tiffany smiled. “It was just so out of the blue but yeah, what I meant was you can have it, I ate some already.” She said before pushing the lid to Sooyoung’s direction. Sooyoung nodded then started digging on the food. They again, started eating in silence. One of them is trying so hard not to let out a wide smile.

 

“Let’s always eat together guys.” Jessica said, cleaning her own box.

 

“Yeah let’s! What do you think Sooyoung? Taeyeon?” Hyoyeon asked. Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung.

 

“I’m fine with that. Now, shall we start?”

 

Sooyoung stood up and walked to where the piano was settled. She might look so cool but deep inside, her nervousness was eating her up. And the fact that she’ll be playing it in front of many people made her a bit anxious.

 

Hi there. We meet again.