Letter 23

Letters From A Fangirl

 

Hoya was practically jumping up and down in his seat.

“Yah yah yah. Calm down.” Sunggyu said.

“I'm so excited. We're going back to my hometown!” he said.

Myungsoo was just staring out the window while the other members were talking amongst themselves. He had a weird feeling his stomach.

Did I eat something bad this morning?

He shrugged it off and focused on something else. His mind drifted to Hye Su. He opened his cellphone and flipped through his pictures, stopping at the one he took with Hye Su years ago when they saw each other at the cafe.

Woohyun who was sitting next to him saw what he was looking at and frowned. Myungsoo missed her too. He flipped open his own phone and looked at the picture of him and Hye Su at her house washing dishes.

They both sighed at the same time. They looked at each other with an eyebrow raised. Myungsoo looked at Woohyun's phone and realized they were doing the same thing.

“You miss her too?” Myungsoo asked.

The older nodded. “I want to see her.”

“Me too.”

It was the first time they've talked about her in awhile and how much they wanted to see her. But they knew they couldn't do anything about it.

 

“Annyonghaseyo! Infinite imnida!”

“It's been a long time hasn't it?!” Sunggyu asked.

“YEAH!” the fans screamed.

“We're happy to be here in Pusan. Let the fansigning begin!” Hoya smiled and waved.

 

Hye Su and Ae Sook were in the middle of the long line.

Ae Sook couldn't hold her excitement. She kept taking pictures of the members, mostly Sungyeol.

Hye Su on the other hand was biting her lip behind her half face mask. Since it was getting cold, many people were wearing them so she didn't look like the odd one out.

She stared at Myungsoo as he was greeting his fans with all smiles. She started to get butterflies as she got closer and closer to the front. It was a feeling that she hasn't gotten in a long time. It was the only feeling she would get when she was around Myungsoo.

 

Ae Sook went up before Hye Su.

“Ah! Sungyeol oppa!” she screamed.

“Oh, you're my fan?!” Sungyeol asked with a grin.

“De~”

“Wah, I'm so awesome. I get all the pretty fans.” he winked at her.

Ae Sook blushed.

She went down the line and hoped that Myungsoo wouldn't recognize her. She held her camera in front of her face to take a picture of him while he was looking at her. She passed him without him seeing who she was.

She walked down the steps and sighed in relief. She looked back at Hye Su and gasped.

 

Hye Su walked up the steps and went to Sungyeol.

“Oh, are you sick?” Sungyeol asked.

She nodded even though she wasn't.

He signed her album and said, “Hwaiting! Hope you feel better!”

Hye Su smiled.

I miss that choding.

 

She went down the line and felt herself becoming more and more sad. She missed them, but she didn't realize she missed them this much.

She got to Woohyun and he smiled at her.

“I heard you're sick?” he asked, signing the album. “You better rest right when you get home, okay?”

Hye Su nodded.

Woohyun looked into her eyes and felt that they looked oddly familiar.

Hye Su saw the look on his face and quickly went down the line.

 

Where have I seen those eyes from?

He pondered on those eyes for a couple of seconds before it clicked. He stood up and walked around the table to the front. He stood behind Hye Su and hoped he wasn't wrong.

When Woohyun stood behind her, Hye Su was in front of Myungsoo.

“What's your—Woohyun hyung, what are you doing?” Myungsoo asked, looking behind her.

Woohyun turned her around and pulled the mask off of her.

Hye Su gasped and covered her face with her hands.

“Hye Su...” Woohyun whispered.

Myungsoo stood up when he heard her name.

The members stood up too, to take a look at her face.

Dongwoo gave Myungsoo a worried look.

 

“Oh my god! It is Hye Su!” Sungjong whispered to himself and ran to go hug her. “You got a haircut. I like it.”

The fans screamed in jealousy.

Woohyun just stood there frozen.

Myungsoo looked angry.

Why didn't she want us to see her?

Hye Su quickly grabbed her album and ran down the stairs hooking arms with a gawking Ae Sook.

“Th-they saw you.” Ae Sook whispered as they disappeared into the crowd.

“Woohyun oppa recognized me.”

“Sorry. I shouldn't have persuaded you to come.”

“It's not your fault.”

 

The members eyes followed Hye Su as she went into the crowd. Myungsoo wanted to run after her, but he knew he couldn't. He didn't want to cause a chaotic scene.

Once they couldn't find Hye Su in the large crowd anymore, the members sat back down and continued with the fansigning.

The fans wondered why Woohyun had done what he did, and why Sungjong hugged her.

But nevertheless, the fansigning finished smoothly and the boys left the stage.

 

Myungsoo sat down in a chair as the boys changed into more comfortable clothes. They didn't know what to do about the situation. Especially Woohyun.

Hye Su looked different from the last time he saw her. She looked more mature and beautiful.

He didn't know about Myungsoo but after seeing Hye Su again in person, his love for her came back almost instantly.

Sunggyu knew that look Woohyun had on his face, and he was getting ready for another long night.

 

The girls kept bombarding Hye Su with questions.

“Why did Woohyun oppa do that?”

“Did you say something bad?”

“Why did Sungjong oppa hug you? I'm jealous.”

Hye Su couldn't keep up.

“He just thought I looked like someone he knew. And Sungjong oppa wanted to cheer me up since I'm sick. So I advise you all to get away from me.”

The fans nodded and backed away leaving the two alone.

“Let's go home. Want to spend the night?” Ae Sook asked.

Hye Su nodded and they left for her house.

 

“I really hate where you live. It's in the middle of nowhere.” Hye Su said as they drove down the long path in the woods towards Ae Sook's house.

“My parents like isolation I guess.”

“They can definitely afford it.” she whispered and stared at the large mansion.

Ae Sook has always been the richest kid in the class. All the guys would want to get with her since she's beautiful and rich.

“Your parents aren't home?” Hye Su asked, noticing that there were no cars in the driveway.

“When are they ever home?”

They got out of the car and walked into the large mansion.

 

The members were laughing and talking loudly as they were making their way back to Seoul.

Myungsoo and Woohyun decided to put the Hye Su situation aside and not spoil the happy atmosphere.

“SPIDER!”

Sungyeol screamed his dolphin scream and jumped on Hoya's lap.

“Yah. Get off of me.”

“Ha ha, you're so gullible.” Sungjong laughed at his hyung.

Sungyeol glared at him and trapped him in a head lock.

“AH! Myungsoo hyung help me!” Sungjong pleaded.

Myungsoo smirked. “Nope.”

The maknae pouted and started hitting Sungyeol's head.

“Ow...” Sungyeol rubbed his head. “Woohyun hyung, he hit me.” he pouted.

“Your aegyo doesn't work on me, giraffe.”

The members laughed at the nickname.

 

Suddenly the car made weird noises and stopped.

“Uh oh.” the manager muttered.

“Define your 'uh oh'.” Sunggyu said from the front seat.

The manager got out of the car and started cursing. The members started seeing smoke come out from the front hood.

“I got this. My dad taught me some mechanic stuff.” Dongwoo said and opened the hood. Smoke came pouring out like black fog. Dongwoo coughed and backed away. His face was totally black.

“Ha ha ha! Now he really looks like a kenyan!” Sungyeol laughed and pointed.

 

All the members got out of the car.

“What are we going to do now?” Woohyun asked, looking around. There were no cars at all since it was almost midnight.

“Oh my god. There's no service. What if we get kidnapped?” Sungjong started to panic.

“Hoya, how far are we from the nearest gas station?” Their manager asked.

“This road goes on for miles. The nearest station is like 5 miles from here.” he said.

The boys groaned.

“I need to pee.” Dongwoo said, while wiping his face with a towel. He went into the side and started to pee. He noticed a path and furrowed his eyebrows.

Maybe it could lead us to a house.

“Hey guys. There's a path there. Maybe it could take us to a house or something. We could use their phone.”

“No way! It's too dangerous.” Sunggyu said.

“It's the only thing we have right now. We need to get to Seoul as soon as possible. You have schedules.” Their manager said and started to walk down the path after locking the doors.

The members followed him hesitantly except for Sunggyu. He stayed in place.

“Sunggyu hyung, you coming? It's freezing.” Woohyun said, rubbing his arms.

“I'm fine, I'll just wait here...”

He looked around at the empty streets. Suddenly he thought about all the scary movies he's seen that involved empty roads and serial killers.

“Hey guys, wait for me!”

==============

hehehehe. ;)