Confusions

3 Months Of Winter

 

混乱

 

 

Sooyoung was preparing herself to bed when she received a phone call and when she checked on whom it was, she saw her bestfriend’s name appearing on the screen. Her lips automatically curved up to form a smile.

 

“Hello my favorite girl.”

 

She started, with a hint of teasing in the tone earning a chuckle from the girl from the other line.

 

“Am I really?”

 

“Yep. What’s up? Why are you calling?”

 

“That was so formal Soo.”

 

“What?”

 

“Nothing, well just want to check if you got home safe and-“

 

“-sound?” 

 

She laughs a little when she heard Yoona groaned from the other line.

 

“What are you doing?” Yoona asked.

 

“I was about to go to bed. You?”

 

“Same. I’m just checking on- It’s snowing again! Ugh!”

 

Sooyoung automatically turned to look at her window and saw that it is indeed, snowing again. She smiled and stood up from her bed and walked towards the window, opening it widely. The cold breeze immediately went inside her room and she shivered a bit from it but decided to stay still.

 

“It’s beautiful.”

 

She said to herself, almost forgetting that Yoona’s still on the other line.

 

“What? Yah Sooyoung, don’t tell me you’re watching the falling snow again?” she can hear some shuffling from Yoona’s line.

“You do know how much I love watching it Yoona.” She answered, her eyes still focused outside. “I love winter.”

 

“Why do you love winter though? It’s cold Soo. I hate it.”

 

Sooyoung frowned when she heard Yoona said that.

 

“Well that hurts Yoona.” She said in her low voice.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry okay? I just don’t get why you’re so obsessed in winter.” Yoona apologized in a soft voice that made Sooyoung smiled.

 

“We’re bestfriends after all.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Opposites attract they say.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Sooyoung laughed at Yoona’s simple answer.

 

“I love winter.” Sooyoung added.

 

“Yeah you already told me that a hundred of times most especially when it’s winter.”

 

“December?”

 

“Uhmm yeah? I mean of course! It’s December since it’s its start.””

 

“December make my wishes come true.”

 

She said, still admiring the beauty of the snow covered grounds. For Sooyoung, it is even more beautiful especially when the street lights illuminated it from above.

 

“Wishes like what?” Yoona asked.

 

“It’s a secret Yoongie.”

 

“Oh c’mon.” Yoona whined at her and even though she couldn’t see it right now, she was pretty sure that her bestfriend was pouting, and it made her giggle.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping already Yoona?”

 

“Are you sleepy already Soo?”

 

“Nope but I just felt like going to sleep early tonight. How about you?”

 

She heard a light chuckle from her.

 

“I’m not sleepy yet so I called you, hoping that you’ll stay and talk to me.”

 

It’s Sooyoung’s time to chuckle at her.

 

“What do you want to talk about?”

 

“Hmm…” Yoona just said, obviously thinking of what to say.

 

“Hey if you-“

 

And as if on cue when Sooyoung was about to start to speak, Yoona cut her off.

 

“Why did you look at me like that?”

 

“What like that? And when?”

 

Sooyoung asked with a raised eye brow.

 

“At the cafeteria today.”

 

“I don’t remember doing anything like that Yoona.” Sooyoung said, stopping herself from laughing cause she clearly know what Yoona was talking about.

 

“Don’t lie to me.”

 

“I’m not lying. Wait, why are you making a big deal out of it?”

 

Sooyoung decided to bestfriend.

“I’m not making a big deal out of it alright?” Yoona told her with a slightly raised voice, an act that made Sooyoung laugh. “What are you laughing at?!”

 

“You’re being funny Yoona. Tell me, what did it made you feel?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“You felt something Yoona. Tell me what it is.”

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m sleepy already.” Yoona said, panic can be trace from her voice.

 

“Hey, you’re no fun.” Sooyoung said.

 

“You just said a while ago that I’m being funny Sooyoung.”

 

“Well…”

 

“What well?”

 

Sooyoung stood straight, putting her left arm above her chest.

 

“You felt it Yoona.”

 

“Whatever it is that I felt, that’s only for me to feel.”

 

“And I don’t have the right to know how it made you feel? How I made you feel?”

 

“Just what are you trying to go with this Sooyoung?”

 

Yoona was clearly getting annoyed and Sooyoung knew it so she decided to just let it off. She’s sounding so desperate and the best thing to do was to let it passed. Her bestfriend’s right, whatever she felt, that’s only for her feeling.

 

Sooyoung doesn’t even know what and why did she do that. Maybe her feeling was too much already that it decided to flow for itself at that time.

 

Wrong move.

 

She sighed. “No, nothing. Well if you’re sleepy you can sleep. I’ll stay for a while.”

 

“What happened to the ‘I’m sleeping early tonight?” Yoona asked.

 

“Changed my mind.”

 

“Hey, I’m sorry for snapping like that? Well not snap, like snap but yeah.”

 

“It’s fine. I started it anyway.” She answered then laughs.

 

“You’re seriously something Sooyoung. One moment you’re serious, another one you’ll tease me.”

 

“That’s just how a friend acts towards her bestfriend.”

 

“Right.”

 

“Sleep now?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Okay then. Good night?”

 

“Good night. Soo?”

 

“Hmm…?”

 

“I don’t really like winter just because of that.”

 

“Cold and something else?”

 

“Uh-huh.”

 

“What more then?”

 

“Read this somewhere before and it just applied to me.”

 

“Okay?”

 

Winter is much like unrequited love; cold and merciless.

 

Yoona told her then hang up, not letting her answer.

 

“Kellie Elmore.” She whispered.

 

Even though Yoona got that only from the book, Sooyoung feels that it’s more than that. And now it caught her to thinking….what exactly is it.

 

***

decided to finally change the story title so please DON'T BE CONFUSE! ^^