Can't Keep On Feeling

3 Months Of Winter

 

感じに維持することはできません

 

Morning Soo.”

 

“Morning Mom.”

 

Sooyoung’s still feeling a bit grumpy early on that morning but she nonetheless shot her Mom her best smile. She walked inside the kitchen then positioned herself to sit in that vacant stool. Admiring the sweet aroma of the breakfast her Mom’s preparing for her. She was about to drink the milk that was already on the table when her Mom spoke.

 

“Did Yoona sleep here last night?”

 

Her eyebrow twitched upon hearing her bestfriend’s name getting mentioned, remembering what happened last night she let out a light chuckle.

 

“No. Tiffany called her last night so yeah..” her Mom mouthed an ‘o’ at her. “Didn’t you see her walked out from the house?”

 

Her mom shook her head. “No. I was probably already in the room by the time she left.” She walked towards the table, placing the fried eggs on her plate. “Here, eat already so you can go out already.”

 

“Aww, I don’t feel like going to school. It’s cold outside.” Sooyoung said while munching the bread together with the egg.

 

“1 more week Soo then it’s vacation already. It’ll be fine.” Her Mom smiled at her.

 

After finishing eating her breakfast, Sooyoung prepared leaving for school. She gave her Mom a peck on her right cheek then proceeded walking towards the front door. She wore her boots then walked out.

 

Once outside, the coldness of the surrounding that was covered in snow greeted her. She wrapped the scarf on her neck more tightly and continued walking. Her school’s a 20 minute ride from her house so she usually takes the bus.

 

Arriving in the bus station, she couldn’t help but to smile after seeing the familiar blonde girl waiting for the bus to arrive. She could see the girl fidgeting and is facing back and forth under the shed. She gently poked the blonde’s shoulder catching the latter’s attention. The said blonde girl smiled automatically upon seeing her.

 

“Soo!”

 

“Hi Sica. You arrived earlier than usual. Why?” she said teasing the blonde girl.

 

“I woke up early that’s why.”

 

Sooyoung scoffed at her. “Funny.”

 

“What?” the blonde girl slapped her shoulder playfully.

 

“I’m just kidding.”

 

“You better be.”

 

After a minute of having some conversation, the bus finally arrived. Jessica got inside first Sooyoung following after. And since Sooyoung always rides the bus she already got acquainted with the driver so she smiled and greet him brightly.

 

“Morning Ahjussi.” The man smiled at her.

 

“Morning too Sooyoung ssi. You’re not with Yoona today. She’s not going to class?”

 

“Oh, she’s taking another route because you know, her girlfriend.” She grinned at the man who in return nodded at her.

 

Sooyoung walked in the middle of the bus trying to look for some vacant seats, frowning a bit after seeing that there’s none. She saw Jessica standing too she just stood beside her. Even though there are people who go out off the bus they couldn’t sit since there are also elders who kept on filling the vacant ones. The ride has to take 5 stops to their school and they stand up the whole ride. Sooyoung, seeing Jessica struggling a bit, stand closer to her.

 

“Hold me.” She said. Jessica hesitated a bit but eventually held Sooyoung’s left shoulder. Not one said a single word after.

 

It was nearly on the fourthwhen the ahjumma seated beside them tugged Jessica’s uniform. The two of them turned their attention to the elder.

 

“I’ll be getting off the next stop so you can sit here.” The ahjumma pointed at her seat and gave them a warm smile. Jessica looked at Sooyoung then shifted her attention back to the ahjumma.

“Thank you.” Jessica smiled back.

 

After arriving at the said stop, the ahjumma just like what she told them, got off the bus, bidding them goodbye. The bus driver didn’t wait that long and continued driving. Seeing Jessica still standing beside her, Sooyoung nudged her.

 

“Sit here.”

 

Jessica looked at her then smiled. “Naah it’s fine. Well be getting off anyway.”

 

“You sure?” Sooyoung asked her.

 

“Yep.”

 

“Okay then.” Sooyoung suddenly took the seat and grinned at Jessica.

 

“Yah!”

 

“What? You said you don’t want to sit here.” She stuck her tongue out on Jessica, earning a glare from the latter so what happened was that Jessica was left standing till they came to their stop.

 

Sooyoung bid the ahjussi goodbye then head out to school together with Jessica. After getting inside the campus, both of them quickly headed out on their respective classroom.

 

“See you during lunch Sica.” Sooyoung told Jessica.

 

“Yeah. See you.”

 

Sooyoung quickly climbed the stairs then walked to the corridor leading to her classroom. She opened the door and greeted her classmates who were all busy doing their own stuffs. She made a quick scan to her seat and the one’s beside her then frowned after seeing that’s still vacant. Sighing, she walked slowly to her seat.

 

“Soo!” she was about to sit when she heard someone called for her. She didn’t need to look around for she knew already who’s calling. And like any other day, she saw Yoona walking towards her happily.

 

“Morning.” The doe-eyed girl said and she just smiled back. Knowing that Yoona’s present already gave her comfort.

“Sorry if I had to leave early last night.” Yoona started while placing her bag properly on the chair.

 

“It’s alright Yoona.” Sooyoung patted the latter’s hair causing her to smile.

 

“So, you came with Jessica?”

 

“Yes why?”

 

Yoona mouthed an ‘o’ at her then shook her head cutely. “Nothing.”

 

“What do you mean nothing?” Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrow at her.

 

“Well I just noticed that you’ve been hanging with Jessica a lot lately.” Yoona grinned at her.

 

“And? Is there any problem with that Yoongie?”

 

“No, of course not.” Yoona shook her head lightly.

 

“I’m hanging out with her a lot because you’re abandoning me already.” Sooyoung sat on her chair frowning, leaving Yoona worried by her sudden action. Yoona knew what Sooyoung meant by that and she admit these past few days she really didn’t get to spend much time with her bestfriend, she feel sorry for that but she can’t do anything especially when Tiffany, her girlfriend always demands for her time.

 

She walked closer to her frowning bestfriend’s seat then hugged her from behind, startling the tall girl a bit but eventually calms down and just let her hug her.

 

“I’m sorry Soo. I promised we’ll hang out more especially that our vacation’s coming.” Yoona smiled when she felt Sooyoung nodded. “A sleepover would be good don’t you think?”

 

“That’ll be the best Yoongie.” Sooyoung held Yoona’s arms that were snaking around her neck.

 

“You’re the best Sooyoungie!” Yoona squealed delightfully but got cut off shortly when their teacher came inside the room. Sooyoung told Yoona to take her seat and the latter followed obediently. The lesson for the day started shortly after.

 

                                        ***

The bell rang indicating that it’s already time for lunch. Sooyoung bolted up from her seat, hunger’s written on her face obviously. Yoona laughed at her bestfriend’s dorkiness.

“You didn’t take breakfast Soo?”

 

“I did. Don’t ask anymore cause I won’t explain.” Sooyoung playfully rolled her eyes at her.

 

“Yeah yeah. Let’s go then.” The tall girl nodded then they walked out of the room then heads to the cafeteria. There they saw the two Americans sitting across each other obviously waiting for them. Jessicawas the first one to notice them since her seat was facing the front door of the cafeteria. They both saw the blonde whispered something to Tiffany but they didn’t bother thinking what was the whisper about cause Tiffany turned her head at them, wearing that infamous eye smile of hers.

 

“Baby!” Tiffany shouted waving obviously referring to Yoona, the latter returned back the smile then dragged Sooyoung with her towards the table. Upon arriving, Yoona took the seat beside of course Tiffany and Sooyoung beside Jessica.

 

“How’s your class?” Sooyoung heard Tiffany asked Yoona.

 

“It was fine. You know the usual. Yours?” Yoona answered her.

 

“Good.” Yet again, Tiffany showed her eye smile at Yoona causing for Sooyoung to chuckle. She was about to say something when Jessica beat her off.

 

“Can we order now?”

 

Sooyoung thanked her silently.

 

“Right, Sooyoungie here complained to me a while ago.” Yoona pointed at Sooyoung. The tall girl was looking at Tiffany at that time so she saw how the eye smile girl twitched her eyebrow, the reason? Sooyoung don’t know.

 

“I’ll take the order.” Sooyoung volunteered then head to the food corner.

 

“I’ll come with you.” Jessica told her. Soyooung looked at Yoona, only to find out that she’s grinning at her. She gave Yoona the what-are-you-grinning-at look that made the doe-eyed girl giggled. Sooyoung rolled her eyes at her then proceeded walking towards the stall.

 

It didn’t take them a lot of time to get their order since there’s not much student inside the cafeteria. Sooyoung got each of them a coffee, well she don’t usually drinks coffee but since it’s pretty cold she decided to get herself nonetheless. After taking their orders Sooyoung and Jessica went back to their seat only to find the couple giggling at each other. She placed the food on the table, not waiting for them Sooyoung started eating.

 

“Are you that hungry Soo?” Jessica asked her, having a hard time unwrapping her sandwich. Sooyoung seeing Jessica struggling on her sandwich, took it from her hands then started unwrapping it. After making sure that it’s properly unwrapped already Sooyoung gave the sandwich back to Jessica, taking the latter’s hand. Jessica got startled a bit from the action causing her to blush almost instantly. Yoona who was watching them the whole time faked a cough. Tiffany without knowing a thing, quickly responded to Yoona by giving her some water.

 

“I’m fine.” Yoona shook her head at Tiffany.

 

“You sure?” she only nodded her head at her girlfriend then returned her gaze to Sooyoung. Yoona didn’t know that Sooyoung was also looking at her and so their gazes met. Yoona suddenly felt a hot blood of rush flowing on her face when she saw how intense stare Sooyoung was towards her. And this time, Yoona really choked on the bread she’s eating when she’s trying to avoid the stare from Sooyoung. She quickly grabbed the bottled water then immediately drank, drinking almost of it. Shocking Jessica and Tiffany. Sooyoung, on the other hand, smirked at her bestfriend, then just continued eating her food.

 

“I’ll see you later after class baby.” Tiffany kissed Yoona’s cheek then grabbed Jessica’s hand not letting the blonde bid her goodbye at them. Sooyoung and Yoona then started walking side by side back to their classroom. Yoona, still embarrassed from the earlier incident didn’t know what to say to Sooyoung. They walked in silence together. After arriving inside their classroom, both went to their designated seats, not long after, their teacher came, finishing 2 hours more of their lesson.