Sweet and Bitter

3 Months Of Winter

 

甘くて苦い

 

You’ll find out soon.”

 

Sooyoung smiled at Yoona then just continued cuddling her, making the latter pout from the action.

 

“Why do I have to find out soon when you can tell it to me right here, right now?”

 

“Surprise?”

 

Yoona sits up straight again and slapped Sooyoung arms lightly.

 

“You know how much I hate surprises Soo. Spill it out now.”

 

“I know, that’s why I’m not telling you.”

 

“Meanie.”

 

She pretended sulking earning a giggle from Sooyoung. It’s one of those days that they’re just gonna sit together doing nothing but just constantly tease each other, most of the times, Sooyoung wins, leaving a sulking and pouting Yoona that will make Sooyoung just a lot more.

 

“I hate you and your suprises.”

 

“Hahaha! Why do you seem to hate me that much nowadays huh Yoongie? You don’t love me anymore cause you already have Tiffany with you? Ouch that hurts, straight here.” Sooyoung pointed her finger on her chest and pretended crying, making Yoona giggled.

 

“Well yeah you can say that but you know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that’s just so finger curling.”

 

Sooyoung made a face at her. “EWWW! What’s up with that finger curling whatever words coming from you Yoona? I’ll blame that mushroom for doing that to you.”

 

“Shut up Soo!”

 

“What? It’s true isn’t it? I can’t believe you.”

 

“I hate you really Choi.” Yoona glared at her playfully then turned her gaze on the terrace where the snow continues falling. She stand up and walk closer to the railings when she felt a tugging the end of her shirt.

 

“What?”

 

Sooyoung stands up beside her then intertwined their hands together tightly. She smiles automatically feeling the warmth of Sooyoung hands on hers. Moments like these, her world with Sooyoung is the only thing that matters.

 

They grew up together since both were just living beside each other’s houses. Yoona’s close with Sooyoung’s family and so does Sooyoung to Yoona’s family. They’ve done almost everything together. If you’re looking for Yoona you have to make sure that you know where Sooyoung is. And most of times, you’ll find them in Sooyoung’s room, eating.

 

Yoona giggles after remembering those times. She admit she missed doing those things again together with Sooyoung but they’re both grown up now. They already have much more important things to prioritize rather than skipping in the middle of the night just to catch some shooting stars on that mountain under that old old Mr. Tree.

 

Studies to prioritize. People to give more care to.  

 

She have Tiffany, and Sooyoung, well she’ll have her ice princess soon, she’s quite sure about it. Even if she won’t tell it to directly, Yoona knows that she’s referring to Jessica.

 

I can’t wait for them to get together so I can tease this shikshin back, I need to have revenge too you know. Been getting lots of teases from this tall friend of mine here ever since me and Tiffany got together.

 

Yoona scoffed looking at Sooyoung, who’s still holding her hands while leaning on the railings.

 

Didn’t know she’s this beautiful.

She thought, still looking at her friend.

 

“Don’t you know that it’s rude to stare?” Sooyoung said that made her blush instantly.

 

“I’m not staring.” She turned to look down, not daring to look at her then she heard her chuckles.

 

“Then what were you doing?”

 

“err..appreciating?” she answered her, not daring to look at Sooyoung back.

“Appreciating what?”

 

Yoona quickly glanced at Sooyoung only to find the latter staring back at her.

 

“Now you’re staring. Don’t you also know that it’s--,” before she could even finish what she was saying, she got caught off guard when she felt Sooyoung’s hand on her face caressing her cheeks softly.

 

“What are you doing?” She was blushing so hard and she still can’t even look at her friend. And as if that was not yet enough, the next thing Sooyoung did literally made her almost lost her senses.

 

“I love you.”

 

Sooyoung said it tenderly, full of sincerity making Yoona slightly tremble resulting her to quickly shot a confused look to the latter. What made it even worse was when she looked at Sooyoung she’s smiling to her cutely. The beating of Yoona’s heart continues rising, never even knew what’s wrong with it. Is it because of how Sooyoung caressed her cheeks? Sooyoung’s ‘I love you’ to her? Or just simply Sooyoung, smiling at her.

 

She didn’t know and she don’t wanna know.

 

When she finally gathered some ‘strength’, she hold Sooyoung’s hands and tapped it gently.

 

“How can you say it that easy?”

 

Sooyoung in return gave her a confused look.

 

“What?”

 

“That ‘I love you’ part. That was the first time I heard it from you, I mean, you know we’ve been friends for God knows how long but not even once you told me that.”

 

“I love you. We’re friends. What’s wrong saying it the easy way?” she shrugged her arms at Yoona.

 

There. There.

 

She just said it because of that, don’t make a big deal out of it Yoona. You probably just got overwhelmed since like what you said it’s the first time.

She chuckled at her silly overreaction. She was about to answer back when her phone started ringing.

 

“Tiffany?”

 

She looked at Sooyoung and just gave her a nod. Sooyoung shooed her away, telling to just answer the phone, she smiled and turned her back on her, holding the phone and pressed the answer button.

 

“Yes baby?”

 

She smiled unconsciously after hearing her girlfriend’s voice over the phone, knowing that the latter is also smiling from the other line. Oblivious to that certain tall girl standing not so far away from her, looking up watching the snow falling, a bitter smile written on her beautiful face.