Issues

3 Months Of Winter

 

問題

 

Well we’re here.” Tiffany told Yoona, letting go of the latter’s hand which was intertwined with hers. Yoona smiled at her girlfriend and peck her cheeks.

 

“Bye.”

 

Tiffany pouted a little from what she told her.

 

“What?”

 

“Is that all?”

 

Yoona chuckled then ruffled Tiffany’s hair.

 

“I love you. I’ll go now.”

 

Tiffany eventually smiled and gave her a hug before finally letting go.

 

“There. Call me after you got home alright? Bye.” She nodded then turned around to walk home. Tiffany gave her one last wave before getting inside the house.

 

She walked till the bus station and saw that it will still be 30 minutes before the bus arrive; she decided to just call for a taxi. Waiting for the bus also is inconvenient since it’s way too cold. It’s not long after when one taxi arrived and she instantly gets herself in quickly.

 

“Thanks ahjussi.” Yoona told the taxi driver politely after giving him the fare and gets off from the car. The moment she closed the taxi’s door, she quickly ran to the gate of their house. She was about to push the doorbell when someone opened it from inside.

 

“Sooyoung?”

 

“Oh Yoona. Getting home late huh?” The tall girl chuckled then made way for her.

 

“Sent Tiffany home first. What are you doing here?” she answered.

 

“I’m on my way home.”

 

Yoona nodded and looked at her. Yet again, for the second time of the day their gazes met and Yoona instantly blushes, remembering the scene from the cafeteria. Without further thinking, she covered half of her face with the scarf she’s wearing, earning a laugh from Sooyoung.

“What’s funny?” she asked, raising her left eye brow at Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung shook her head. “Nothing. Get in already, bet you’re feeling cold. Aunt’s also waiting for you. Good luck.” Sooyoung playfully stuck her tongue out on Yoona, making the latter pout. But of course it’s not visible for Sooyoung to see since her face was still covered.

 

“What made you come here by the way?” Yoona asked.

 

“Can’t I come here?”

 

“That’s not wh-“

 

“Kidding.” Sooyoung giggled. “Mom asked me to give some paper to your mom so I did. Now, let me go home so you can go inside already.”

 

Yoona nodded at her. “Okay then. Be careful Sooyoungie. Streets are slippery.” She said, concernedly.

 

“Got that.” Sooyoung winked at her and bid her goodbye. Leaving her standing alone at the front gate with a flushed face, thinking of how these days a simple gesture from her bestfriend made her unbelievably all confused and ‘giddy’ at the same time.

 

“Yoona?” she turned her head around to see that her mom’s calling her from inside the house. “What are you still doing there? Come here, it’s cold.” She locked the gate then proceeded walking inside their house. Once inside, she removed her shoes then walks to her mom and gave her a hug.

 

“You met Sooyoung outside?”

 

“Yep. What’s for dinner Mom?” she smiled.

 

“Change your uniform first. How’s your girlfriend by the way?”

 

“Still the eye-smile girl that you know Mom don’t worry.” She laughed that made her mom chuckled and started walking to her room. She was on the first step of the stairs when her mom called out for her.

 

“Yoong.”

 

“Mom?” she turned to looked at her.

 

“Have you considered going to another school?” Yoona raised her eye brow, confused.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Transfer to another school…outside the country?”

 

She shook her head and smiled at her mom.

 

“No. I don’t want to.”

 

She saw how her mom nodded and smiled too.

 

“Go now. I’ll be preparing our dinner.”

 

“Okay.”

 

At Choi’s residence.

 

Sooyoung just came back to their house and saw her mom already waiting for her.

 

“Why is it so cold nowadays?” she complained and heard her mom laughed a little.

 

“I thought you like winter season?”

 

“Well yeah but not the coldness.”

 

“That doesn’t make sense.” Her mom laughed again.

 

“I know. I don’t make sense anyway.” She pouted.

 

“Aww come here my baby.” Her mom stretched out her arms for her; she quickly obliged and let herself wrapped inside her mom’s arms. “You gave it to her already?”

 

Clearly knowing what her mom was referring to, she nodded.

 

“I did.”

 

“Do you think she will consider?”

 

“Hopefully? But knowing her, I guess..no?” Sooyoung said in her low voice.

 

“Will you be fine with it?” she felt her mom rubbed her back.

 

“I’m always fine with anything.” She smiled before pulling herself from her mom’s embrace. “I’ll be in my room, need to do some homework.”

 

“Okay.” Her mom gave her a pat on her cheeks and smiled at her. She climbed the stairs and went directly to her room, hoping that everything would turn out fine.

***

3 MONTHS OF WINTER. ^^