VII

My Prisoner

I’m so sorry for not updating for a long time. If you feel lost just read the last chapter and it will bring you back on track. I don’t know if this is good news or bad news but the end will be coming soon maybe 2 more chapters’ to go.

VII

The past few days Chaerin would read the book “Sky” when Jiyoung is off to work and then by the time he comes back, she asks him more about Kwon Chaerin.

Her book made Chaerin very confused and intriguing that’s way she wants to know her past by asking Jiyoung step by step so that she wouldn’t sound suspicious.

It was been a month or so since Chaerin didn’t have a source of time and date she just assumed. Every now and then Jiyoung feeds her with his and Kwon Chaerin’s love story. As day passes, somehow she’s losing her longing for home. 

Which is a bad thing.

 

Back to Seunghyun…

It was already late at night and Seunghyun was lucky enough to find a small town roaming around looking for a place to eat.

"Welcome sir." A young girl said. The young lady’s face lit up when she saw such a handsome man enter her restaurant. Seunghyun walks to the counter.

"I’ll have one of those." He said to the young girl who flinched when she realized she was spacing out in front of him.

"Here you go." The young girl gave him his plate giving him a flirtatious smile.

"Thank you." Seunghyun said in his deep it was definitely not helping her look away.

"So… what’s your name?" The girl started a conversation. Seunghyun obviously didn’t want to talk.

He let out a sigh before answering.

"Top."

"Top? What are you? A philosopher?" She said in disbelief.

A little quite irritated, "No. I’m a soldier." Wrong move Seungyhyun! You just unwilling gave her plus points.

"A soldier?!" She gasps. "For the king? You live in the city?" She said raising her voice getting stares from the other customers.

"W-well I did. I don’t know now."

"Why? Where you kicked out?" She must have thought because of his rugged clothing.

He knows this girl won’t shut up until he won’t tell her everything she wants to know so he did answer all of her questions.

"Do you think you can find her?" The girl said looking a little upset knowing he has a girlfriend.

"I need to." He said looking at a different direction meeting his eyebrow with a frown.

"Do you have a place to stay? It’s already late." She asked kindly.

"Uhm… no I don’t.” Seunghyun sigh an awkward laugh.

"I can let you stay here!" Her face lit up like a light bulb.

"Minji-ah aren’t you closing down yet?" An old lady came outside of the kitchen.

"Halmoni this handsome man don’t have a place to stay tonight." Minji said to her grandmother which she then looked at.

The old lady was so shocked seeing Seugnhyun she almost had a heart attack.

"Oh my…" she held her heart like it would drop any minute now.

Seunghyun! A hundred memories flashed all at the same time on her head.

"Halmoni!"

"Are you okay?" A panicking Seunghyun said rushed to the old lady.

"Y-y-yes… Minji please take me to my room."

"I’ll take you." Seunghyun willingly said.

He guides her to her room and settles her on the bed.

"Do you need anything?" He asked being the gentleman he is.

"I-I’m alright… There is an empty room to the right. You can stay for tonight." She said.

"Thank you halmoni." He bowed and turns to leave.

"Uhm-" Seunghyun jerked back.

"What is your name young man?" Her curiosity made her heart beat rising.

"Top." Top… She replayed on her mind but just shrugged it after a while.

The next day Seunghyun has to pay them with something so he stayed to help in the kitchen.

"Uhm… Top oppa." Seunghyun looked at Minji.

"Thank you for helping halmoni yesterday and washing the dishes." She said innocently.

"It’s nothing. Thank you for letting me stay." She said and left when a customer came.

While Seunghyun was washing the dishes he accidentally bumped the piled pans.

"Seunghyun!" The old lady screamed. Seunghyun looked at the lady how did she know my name?

*bam*

The metal ware making rattling sounds and a pan fell on Seunghyun’s head.

"Ack." Seunghyun flinched touching his head.

"Here." The old lady came back with an ice bag.

"Please be careful next time." You can’t really tell if she’s concern with Seunghyun or her kitchen ware.

"Uhmm… Halmoni, just now you called me Seunghyun."

"Oh- Did I?" She let out an awkward laugh. "Well, I somehow know someone who’s like you. Don’t bother." Seunghyun suddenly got very curious.

"Tell me." He said.

"I don’t want to freak you out young man." She said.

"Well to honest after knowing so many secrets of our kingdom I don’t think there will be anything to surprise me."

"Come with me." She said in a whisper.

In her room under her bed she pulled out an antique carved box.

"Don’t ever tell a single person about this. The last thing I want to happen is to die in the loon." She said and reached out a photo.

When Seunghyun got the picture he dropped it in shocked.

"I knew you’d react like that." She said rather calm.

"Who is that?"

"He’s name is Choi Seunghyun." His heart beat was racing faster.

"That’s my name. Choi Seunghyun."

"Oh dear…" She said in worry.

"Why?"  

"I don’t understand. How can you be the same person and get the same name?"

"How are you related to this Seunghyun?" He asked.

"I’m the daughter of Seunghyun’s younger sister."

"What else do you have there?" He pointed to the box.

"Just a few more pictures and paintings. He was a painter."

Seunghyun looked at the painting and smiled appreciating the picture.

"These are very nice."

"He had a girlfriend I heard she was a great classical writer."

"Oh here’s one."

This is preposterous.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Chaerin-"

"That’s right Lee Chaerin." The old lady said. "How did you know?"

"She’s my fiancée." This time it was the old lady’s turn to gasp.

"Right now? Then you two dated in both of your lives."

"Mam I don’t believe in reincarnation." He said firmly.

"But how in the world of coincidences can this not be?" The old lady said.

"Do you know their story?" He asked.

. . . . . .

As usual while Chaerin was waiting for Jiyoung to come home she was reading Kwon Chaerin’s diary again and she’s already about to finish it.

 

I hate the way I love so much that thinking that if we weren’t meant to be for each other God didn’t have to let us meet in this world.

Nothing gold can stay.

 

"I wonder why the later part of the diary is bit bitter?" She said to herself. "Did something happen to them?"

Jiyoung came back and saw her reading the book.

"Where did you got that?!" He abusively grabbed the book.

"Why are you reading this?!" His face inches from her while gripping her wrist. Because he was so furious his palms were burning hot.

"I’m sorry! I didn’t know that-" Chaerin was struggling hard to release herself from his grip.

He let out a furious sigh.

"I don’t want you reading this."

"I’m sorry I didn’t mean to invade your privacy." She said looking down.

"I forgive you this time. If you need anything ask my permission first." He said coldly. "And don’t ever mention this ever again." He stepped closer to her looking directly to her eyes.

After that Jiyoung was acting weirdly. He felt uneasy because she might have seen something in that book.

They didn’t talk for a while and Jiyoung was going to leave after finishing up.

"Jiyoung-sshi…" He flinched when he felt her fingertips on his shoulder.

"I’m really sorry." This was the first time Chaerin really felt sincere and real to Jiyoung.

"It might sound absurd if I tell you I’m not mad at you and I don’t want to be mad at you again. Because it so hard to deal with this everyday if I’ll hate you again."

All the burden on Jiyoung’s body lifted

"Good lord she didn’t saw it." He said to himself.

A smile finally escaped on his lips.

"I’m sorry too." He whispered softly and kissed her forehead gently. And like it wasn’t enough for him he bends down and kissed her lips with so much care.

Chaerin obviously shocked with what was happening and was more shocked that she isn’t doing anything about it.

"I love you Chaerin." And a tear escaped from her eyes.

 

_ _ _ _ _

 

So you might be confused on how close they have been. I’m just trying to fast forward so I can write the already. Please comment and subscribe!

Belated happy birthday to Gboss and Happy happy anniversary to our beloved dear big bang! And Seungri I love your new concept I’ll support you all the way and to TOP my love I’ll see you soon if you really come to the Phil!