I

My Prisoner

 

(A/n: The setting is like in the king and queen era. Like in the Disney move tangled, something like that so this is a long time ago.)

I

Hundreds of years ago there was a scandalous kingdom named Heartfillia under the era of the Lee dynasty. It was said that a big, angry and dangerous dragon lived inside the tower of Chrome Hearts. The tower of Chrome hearts is in the middle of a dark forest far away from the kingdom’s city. Every year the king plans different ways on how to kill the dragon until his trusted knights keeps on getting fewer. Even the buffest barbarian can’t defeat the dragon. One day the king had a brilliant idea. If fighting the dragon by force doesn’t work then why not fight it? The king hired an old local wizard and told him to cast a spell that can vanish the dragon for good.  So the old man made different spells and potions and a lot of weird things.

Finally it was that day  when a representative from the kingdom travels to the dark forest and goes inside the Chrome hearts tower. The towns’ people thought the king has gone crazy bringing an old man to do the job when in fact some knights can’t even survive thru the dark forest. But the king was positive about this and trusted the old wizard and even made a deal to give him any amount of money if he killed the dragon.

The old wizard passed thru the dark forest and fortunately he hasn’t encountered any creatures. The tower was extremely high and gave him a hard time to reach the peak. Finally he witnessed the dragon in his own two eyes. His knees treble in fear as it was roaring loud and setting the place on fire the wizard took out his magic wand and started to cast the spell but every time he tries to focus the dragon breathes out fire. The wizard waited for the right time and finally when the dragon calmed down he cast a spell on it and the dragon got wilder which brought panic to the wizard. The dragon screamed it’s loudest and finally went down. After he made sure that it was dead he took a close look at it a found a diamond hanging on its right foot. He cuts the rope and looked at the diamond closely. It was a perfectly sculpted black diamond then he tried to rub it to see if it wears off but broke into half. He was surprised and ran away from the tower taking the diamond with him.

The wizard got back to the kingdom and said that the dragon is dead. The king has never been more proud and held a celebration for that they no longer need to fear the dragon. The wizard got the money he wanted. He showed the diamond but gave the king the half of it and said it turned black because it holds protection but he knew it will bring greater harm. The wizard came back to his home and examined the stone. Unfortunately the spell that he casted only last for 80 years but he didn’t tell the king. “I’d be dead by then” he said and laughed evilly. The wizard went into the town and saw a young man carrying loads. Then the wizard thought evilly. If I sealed the dragon’s spirit inside this young man, and when the time comes the dragon can never wake up again in a human body he thought. Well that’s what he thought, he didn’t know that now he sealed the dragon’s spirit inside a human body it can still transform into a dragon and transformations are always unpredictable. He mischievously cast a spell on the young man. When the young man was unconscious he placed the half of the diamond on his chest. If the two diamonds are combined it can only bring two things, the good one is the curse of the dragon’s spirit will be gone for good while the bad one is the dragon will resurrect and the body of the human will be the sacrifice since it is sealed to him. But he was sure that the diamond will never be seen because he gave it two entirely different persons. “My job here is done.” The wizard said and suddenly disappeared.

 

“Jiyoung what took you so long?” A young lady said the young man who entered her home.

“I just finished work honey, did you miss me?” He said and kissed her forehead.

“Of course I did honey, we just got married yesterday and you have to work so soon.”

“My Hunchae is so cute when she pouts.” He kissed her now on the lips. She puts her hand on his chest and motioned him to stop.

“Later, after you eat.”

“But I’m not hungry.” Jiyoung said pouting cutely.

“You’re not going to eat what I cooked? Then I guess you’re not gonna get any tonight…” She said teasingly.

“Mrs. Kwon Chaerin your always such a tease.” Then laughter filled their home.

“Let me take a bath first okay?” He kissed her again in the lips and went to the bathroom. Jiyoung took off his clothes and shocked to see the diamond placed in his chest. He tried to pull it but he can’t. It was stuck. He tried to do everything he washed it, pulled it, put oil in it but it still didn’t move an inch. He took out a small knife from his pocket and tried scratching it. Red blood came out like a rain drop and something inside of him snapped. He’s insides were burning and everything that he touches get destroyed easily. He was shouting and going wild.

“Jiyoung is what’s happening in there?” He heard her voice and was trying to go back to his senses but the power inside of him was overcoming him.

“Don’t come inside Chaerin!” Jiyoung shouted and was pulling his hair and keeps on banging himself to the walls.

“What is going on?! I’ll look for help okay?”

“No!” Chaerin heard a growling sound more than a scream. Her curiosity got the better of her and she immediately opened the door to see her husband… as someone else. Not someone, it wasn’t even human.

“Jiyoung?!” She came running to him but Jiyoung slamed her hard and she flew across the room. Jiyoung turned not as big as the dragon but he got hard scales around his body and face and he was breathing fire from his mouth. The dragon completely took over Jiyoung’s body and set the whole town on fire.

 

The Hearfillia kingdom was in ruins, the fire grew bigger and people were dying. Jiyoung was found by the forest knocked out and wearing nothing. He opened his eyes and looked around.

“How did I got here?” He was shocked that he was wearing nothing and found a brown coat to cover him up. He got into the city and his widened in shock. “Where is everyone?” The city that was on fire a while ago is now covered in ashes and everyone is pretty much gone with it.

“Chaerin!” He remembered.

He sprinted to his home and saw the house wasn’t down and looked inside. “Chaerin?!” He shouted while a lump was forming on his throat. He looked around the house and finally got to their room and found a body. He ran to Chaerin’s body and held her tight around his arms. Flashes of the fire suddenly came to his mind. He remembered the town people that were on fire screaming and crying for help. “How did this happen?” He questioned himself.  He remembered being in the bathroom and the diamond. He felt his chest and it was still there.

A tear escaped from his eyes.  He now remembered everything. From the moment he was screaming in pain inside the bathroom to when he hurt his wife. He looked at his trembling hands “I killed her.” Tears poured out of his eyes. “I killed everyone.”

_ _ _ _ _

 

After 80 years Jiyoung lived that way. Whenever he tried he touch the diamond he would go berserk and destroy the whole place. Jiyoung watched how the kingdom developed into a new city. Even though he was a hundred years old his appearance never changed and remains like he was 22 forever.  One day the royal Lee family was holding a huge celebration for their daughter who was going to turn 20. Though Jiyoung never saw what the princess looks like since they never allowed the princess to wander around and just remained behind the castle gates. 80 years ago when the whole city got on fire, the diamond that the king had gave it to his eldest daughter and said keep it and save themselves. The diamond was passed on for generations and generations in the Lee family. Now, the king and queen’s eldest daughter Lee Chaerin is holding on to the half part of the diamond.

“Make sure everything is on its right place okay?” The queen said roaming around the castle.

“Mom?” A beautiful young lady came inside the dining room.

“Good morning sweetie. Happy birthday!” Her mom kissed her cheek and hugged her tightly.

“Looks like everything is… bigger this time.” She said uneasily and touched the decorations.

“Of course it has to be since it’s your coming of age sweetie.”

“Mom don’t you think I can go to the city?”

“Why is that? It’s dangerous outside the castle.” Chaerin knew about the dragon story but all she knew was a mere myth. Nobody told her that it is real and nobody knows the danger it will bring her.

“But I just want to see the citizens and thank them. Please mother?” Chaerin pouted and her mother smiled because of her daughter’s cuteness.

“Fine. But I’ll send 20 soldiers to guide you.”

“Make it 10.” Chaerin said starting a negotiation.

“15. And that’s final.” Her mother said.

“Deal.” Chaerin smiled to herself and thought “I’ll finally see the city.” I’ve seen it from my window or sometimes pass by but father and mother never lets me get out from the carriage. She wanted to interact with the town people and personally thank them for always celebrating her birthday even though they just stay outside the castle.

“Come on let’s go! We don’t have whole day.” The princess said to the soldiers chirpily.

“Please get in princess.” Chaerin turned around and saw the man she’s most happy to see.

“Seunghyun! You’re coming with me?” She asked while getting inside the carriage.

“Wherever you go, I go.” He said and gave a flirtatious wink that made her giggle.

“Did my mom made you come with me?” She asked.

“Well… she did but even if she didn’t ask I’ll still go with you.” He kissed her forehead and made her giggle. Seunghyun’s family is very close with the Lee family. They even set Chaerin and Seunghyun up when they were just 7 years old. The two were best friends and eventually dated. They been together for 8 years and everyone in the kingdom is happy for them.

They headed to the city and Chaerin was amazed with the decorations.

“Is this all for my birthday?” She asked Seunghyun who was also in amaze.

“I’m pretty sure.”

“Oh my mother has over done it again.” She face palmed herself and Seunghyun chuckled.

“Why don’t you greet your people, princess?” Seunghyun took my hand and got out of the carriage.

“It’s princess Chaerin!” A young girl said and made everyone turn to the princess.

“Princess Chaerin!”

“Princess how nice of you to visit us.” Chaerin couldn’t utter a word since she wasn’t used in this atmosphere and the people caused a commotion seeing the princess for the first time.

“Everyone please calm down.” Seunghyun said and guarded Chaerin from the people.

“It’s alright Seunghyun.” She gave a sweet smile to Seunghyun and she walked around the city and talked to the town’s people. Seunghyun looked at Chaerin and was proud seeing her all grown up. One day she’ll be the queen of Heartfillia, Seunghyun thought.

“Seunghyun, I want to go around for a while. I was thinking of meeting you here after 30 minutes?”

“Are you sure? I’ll send some soldiers to guide you.” He said.

“There’s no need for that. I can handle myself Seunghyun.” She said convincing him.

“How can I ever say no to you?” He cupped her cheeks and she giggled. “But promise me you’ll be careful okay?”

“Of course. What’s the worst that could happen?”

“I’ll be waiting here at exactly after 30 minutes.” Chaerin went around town by herself and thought this was the first time she felt independent. She didn’t know that Seunghyun sent the soldiers to quietly watch her from behind.

She had fun talking to the women and men and helped them. She saw little girls playing along the road and asked if she could join them. Chaerin had only one playmate her whole life and that was Seunghyun. She didn’t notice the time and still roamed around until she can’t find her way back. She saw a young man wearing black by the fountain and walked towards him.

“Excuse me.” She said politely. The young man turned around to her.

Jiyoung eyes widened in shock when his eyes lay on the beautiful young lady.

“Chaerin?” Chaerin was shocked when he called her informally.

“Chaerin is that you?!” He puts his hand on her shoulders and his face was only inches from hers.

“Sir, please don’t touch me.” She said trying to get out from his grip.

“But your Chaerin! You’re my Chaerin!”

“Yes I am but I don’t know you and I think you’ve got the wrong person.”

“I would never mistake a face like yours Chaerin.” When he said those words softly her heart suddenly beats fast. She felt like she was having cold sweat and got nervous. Why am I feeling this way? She thought.

“You have no idea how I missed you Chaerin.” He hugged her tightly.

“Ahhhhh!” Chaerin screamed and shocked Jiyoung. The soldiers that were following Chaerin sprinted towards the young man and pulled him away from the princess. Jiyoung struggled but the soldiers were trying to calm him down. One of the soldiers pushed him hard and fell on the ground. He felt it again, the insides of his body was burning. Jiyoung tried his best to not let the transformation take over him. He looked at Chaerin and saw her necklace was shining brightly. That’s the other half, Jiyoung thought in shock.

That will save me. That will save me from this horrible curse. He thought.  

And just like a devil took over him he knocks all of the soldiers down and caused a chaos.

“Chaerin!” Seunghyun came running to the Princess.

“Seunghyun!” Chaerin who was in tears came running to Seunghyun.

“Are you hurt? What happened?”

“I don’t know what’s going on.” She pointed to the man who was going insane and was destroying the place.

“You, take the princess inside the carriage and go directly to the castle. Report this to your highness.” Seunghyun ordered one of the soldiers in a serious tone.

“Seunghyun come with me, I’m scared.” She said in panic.

“I have to make sure everyone’s fine and take care of that man.”

“Please come back quickly okay?”

“I will, don’t worry.” He kissed her forehead and then the soldier took her inside the carriage.

_ _ _ _ _

Author’s note: Sorry I had to cut this chapter short it was getting longer lol. Please tell me what you think about the story and comment and subscribe if you want. If you’re a little confused just ask me okay? Thank you!