Chapter 14

You, Whom I Left Off
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It looks like the fact that Mrs. Shim stated previously in front of the three of them can’t be accepted easily, not even by Jung Yunho. Even though Yunho knew perfectly about those things, it still makes him very nervous. Yunho takes a glance towards Jaejoong and Changmin repetitively, feeling unsure to start the conversation between them. He realized that the atmosphere has changed already and it would be better for him to quickly change it back, but the words just stuck in his throat.

“Yun? Did you know about these already? Why didn’t you tell me- or tell us?” asked Jaejoong finally, can’t bear with the curiosity inside his mind.

Yunho’s locking his gaze at Jaejoong, still can’t say any words.

Looking at the sight in front of her, Mrs. Shim starts snorting. “Why can’t you tell him about that, Jung Yunho? Are you afraid that they’ll hate you after knowing the truth?” Mrs. Shim asked before smirking winningly, “Don’t worry about that, they already did.”

Yunho just smiles bitterly after hearing Mrs. Shim’s words. He also thought the same thing like Mrs. Shim, there’s no reason for Jaejoong or Changmin to believe in him anymore. After all, for the whole time Yunho’s deceived Jaejoong and Changmin. He never told them anything about it.

“No. You know that you shouldn’t believe in that, Hyung,” said Changmin all of sudden. Those words immediately make Mrs. Shim and Yunho look at Changmin surprisingly, with the widened eyes. “You know that I won’t hate you ever, no matter what you did. Jaejoong... do you really think that he’ll be able to do so, Hyung? He loves you.”

Mrs. Shim looks at Changmin with a disapproval look. She clearly doesn’t like the way Changmin chose to defend Yunho instead of her. “Shim Changmin, where’s your manner? I’m your parents here, yet you choose to trust him more than me?!” Mrs. Shim scolded Changmin right away, “He hid these things from you, is there anything else to be trusted from him?”

Changmin gulps nervously; knowing that he was just offended his umma. However, he really thinks that he’ll regret it if he chose to not defending on Yunho right now. “Hyung, just tell us why. We only need your reasons,” said Changmin again, not caring about the mad Mrs. Shim.

Yunho opens his mouth for a second, before closing it again without any words. He still feels very hesitant to explain about everything to Changmin and Jaejoong. Then, he’s looking at Jaejoong and Changmin alternately to spot the determined faces there. The expressions on their faces make Yunho’s feeling more confident than before, and finally decide to tell them everything.

Now or never, thought Yunho.

Mrs. Shim just sighs after looking at the other three around her. “Okay, I see that you’re not going to back off,” she said with a shrug, “Fine. Just try telling them and see if it’ll give any change. It won’t get far from you’re ordered to get closer to Jaejoong before they met him.”

Yunho takes a deep breath for once more before facing Jaejoong. “When the first time we met, it’s purely a coincidence. Then, when I asked you about being my friends, it’s from my heart,” he said, “None of them were planned by my parents, Jae.”

“Then why-?” asked Jaejoong in whisper.

Yunho gives Jaejoong a sad smile. “But then... when I invited you to stay with me, it was my parent’s plan,” he continued, “At first I thought that they were inviting you to stay with us, just because they’ve heard my stories about you already. Never even in my dream, I thought that they were the reason you lost your memories.”

Jaejoong bites his lower lips, trying to prevent himself from burst into tears. It’s not that he hates Yunho because of that. Hell, like Changmin said, Jaejoong loves Yunho too. It’s just he can’t understand at all why... Yunho knows everything about him, yet he’s still hiding those from him. Even though he knows that Yunho’s surely have his reasons, but it’s still hurt for Jaejoong.

“Why?!” asked Jaejoong once more with a crack voice.

“I’m sorry, Jae. I’m really sorry,” Yunho said again, realizing Jaejoong’s broken voice, “I only knew about these after I was graduating from high school. They told me to take care of you, since you’re under our responsibilities. I didn’t understand why, I was even going to reject it. It’s not because I hate you, but I wanted to protect you because I care; not because someone asked me to.”

Yunho remains in silence for a second after looking at Mrs. Shim, which rolling her eyes lazily.

“But after that, all of sudden they’re breaking down. They told me that I have to do it, since it was our responsibilities,” Yunho said nervously, “Then they started telling me- about everything. How they accidentally hit ‘the boy’ who’s running across the road, and how the boy’s mother told us to take care of you... instead of taking our money.”

No one says any words, letting the time passed in silence just like that.

“Then why you didn’t tell me, Hyung?” Changmin asked curiously, finally breaking the silence, “You told me everything about Jaejoong when we’re at Canberra. But why you still hide this fact? You didn’t know that the boy was me... So it shouldn’t matter, right?”

“Unfortunately, I knew it,”  Yunho said with another bitter smile, “I read your diary once, Min.”

Changmin’s gaping right away in shock. He never knows about it. He thought his deep secret about Jaejoong was still safe from Yunho’s hand. But with the fact Yunho was reading his diary, it means that Yunho knows everything. Starts from how he loved his Kim Jaejoong before leaving for Canberra, until how Changmin finally knows that his Jaejoong is now belong to Yunho.

“I- I’m sorry, Hyung,” said Changmin hesitantly. He doesn’t feel right after knowing that Yunho knows about everything. Changmin’s really afraid that Yunho would think something like he wanted to get Jaejoong back from Yunho, because he never does. “I didn’t mean to hide it. I didn’t mean to take Jaejoong away from you, not even once.”

“I never accused you about it, Min,” Yunho answered while giving him a gently smile, “If there’s someone to be blamed, then it should be me. I was too afraid to admit those facts. What if both of you hate me because of that? What if you can’t believe in me anymore? What if you choose to leave me with Jaejoong? After all, my family was the reasons for everything. Those kinds of things keep repeating inside my mind.”

“You shouldn’t think like that, Hyung. How could I hate you, actually?” asked Changmin while shaking his head in disbelief. Changmin takes a step forward, making the other look at him. After he’s stopped, Changmin’s spreading his hands with a big and soft smile; giving a sign for Yunho to quickly hug him now.

Yunho’s widening his eyes for a second, didn’t expect Changmin’s sudden action. But then without any hesitation

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter