Where Am I?

The Connection

I dunno how nor why this has happened, but it somehow seemed to happen out of nowhere. You probably think that I'm a dummy for saying this but I was seriously so confused at this point that I don't know what to say.

I awoke in the middle of a deserted wasteland, with nothing but dunes of crisis red and dying trees with bark sticking out of them. Basically everything surrounding me was red, even the duststorms and the sky surrounding me were red. Was this the gate to hell? Was I to regret having said what I said before? But it was too late, there was no particular portal to going back to the entertainmnent building. I was stuck in a desert, and screwed for sure.

Yet at the same time, I was curious.

I wonder where I am, I thought to myself.

I took a stroll through the desert, through the day and the night, but all the while there was nothing but hills and dunes of sand, and just basically desert in sight.

I don't remember how long I was walking for, since I did not have a watch with me, but every moment seemed like a year.

My feet were so sore and tired once the moon rose, and for once I got to realise that the moon was full. At this point according to the location of the moon it was probably 9PM, as it was not so high up in the sky to be midnight.

I decided to sit near a dune and gaze up at the full moon, appreciating its glorious shape and silvery colour. I wanted to fly to the moon, free as a bird. But I could only sit down and gaze up at the moon, count the faraway stars and constellations, or just continue to walk more around the desert risking my feet being reduced to shrivelle flesh and congealed blood.

I'm not going to walk, I walked long enough, I thought. I'll be out of here in no time.

I was so tired that I decided to sleep on the sand. I gathered a lump of sand for a pillow and lay my head there. I did not really care that there was no blanket; my clothes already were one collectively. At least I could sleep on something soft and malleable for once.

I was close to the point of dreaming when I heard someone whistling a familiar tune.

I woke up with a start, and with my very eyes I could see a boy who was around three years older than me. He was definitely not a teenager, as he was matured well and was well built, matching his size.

It was the tune to "Troublemaker" by Hyunseung and Hyuna, who recently debuted through the actual subgroup "Troublemaker".

Nan trou ou ou ou ble trouble tro trouble maker....

I could not help but see such sport, but so I just randomly joined in. It was only then the boy stopped.

The boy looked at me, startled.

"Who are you?" he asked.

"Sungjae. Yook Sungjae." I replied.

"Were you whistling and singing with me?" he chuckled.

"Uhhh...yeah.....we're the only ones here." I laughed.

"Well uhhh...okie......my name's Hyunsik, Lim Hyunsik, but you can just call me Hyunsik."

"Hi Hyunsik."

"Well ummmm what are you doing here at this time of the night alone?"

"I don't know. I mean, ummm, I just, ummm...."

"Huh?"

"I'm sorry, I ummm, just ended up here, and I'm lost. I don't know how to go back."

"Well if you ask me, you're on the road to Kpopland."

"Kpopland?"

"Mmmm hmmmm."

"Ok, how do I get there?"

"You can't just get inside so easily. It's very complicated. I'll show you what I mean if you go there with me. What do you say?"

"Well uhhh.....ok." I replied as I took his hand and all of a sudden flew over the vast empty desert. Seriously, I WAS flying like a bird over the desert.