Chapter 2

The Passing of Time

 

Minseok blinked and looked at his friend with disbelief. Three years? How could he have been asleep for that long? He looked around, trying to find some explanation. Or trying to find something to tell him that Chanyeol was wrong. He found neither. He look at himself and was almost brought to tears. All of the wounds he had from the accidents were scars. His arms were skinny, almost nothing but skin and bone. He looked up at Chanyeol and for once he didn't have a smirk, or a playful expression. He was sympathetic. And Minseok hated it.

 

“What about Luhan? Is he okay?” Minseok asked, hoping for at least a little bit of good news. Chanyeol just frowned and looked away. “Chanyeol.”

 

“The doctor told us we shouldn't rile you up,” Chanyeol mumbled almost inaudibly.

 

“What the hell is that suppose to mean? What happened to Luhan?” Minseok's voice was full of panic. Was he okay? He knew Luhan was self destructive when he got upset. Did he do something stupid?

 

“I don't want to have to tell you man. I already dropped the three year bomb shell, do I really have to go into that story too?” Chanyeol asked. He looked back at Minseok with pleading eyes. “It's not a good story.” Minseok didn't want to upset his friend, but he couldn't not know. It was killing him inside.

 

“Please Chanyeol. Either tell me or send in someone who will,” Minseok begged.

 

“Kyungsoo is going to be here in a couple of minutes along with Baekhyun. Let them tell you, please. I don't want to be the bearer of all the bad news,” Chanyeol replied. Minseok took a deep breath, but that didn't help the ache in his chest. Chanyeol was basically the town gossip. If he didn't want to tell the story then it wasn't a story normal people wanted to hear. But he needed to know. He needed to know where the keeper of his heart was.

 

“Fine. Tell me something else,” Minseok said closing his eyes for a second. He need to be distracted if he didn't want his worry to eat him alive.

 

“Well, Owner decided she wanted to retire two years ago, so she handed the business over to Jongdae. Those Wufan and Zitao guys got jobs there to fill in for, well, you and Jongdae. They're still living in the apartment next to yours and seem very content with each other. Kyungsoo tried to teach Baekhyun how to cook and I had to put a stop to that. Baekhyun is no longer allowed in the kitchen.” Chanyeol chuckled at the last bit and Minseok smiled slightly. It seemed like everyone had continued on with their lives without him. “We used to take turns you know.” Minseok looked at Chanyeol and tilted his head to the side in confusion. “We all would take turns sitting beside you, talking to you and begging you to wake up.”

 

“I'm sorry Chanyeol...” Minseok began, but he didn't know what else to say. He had done what he did to protect Luhan. And now he didn't even know if it did any good. “So Jongdae took over the shop did he? And he didn't run it into the ground?” Chanyeol snorted slightly and leaned back.

 

“No, but for a while I was ready to kill him. He stopped letting me have any fun. You think you know a guy, you know?” Chanyeol said. Minseok chuckled and tried to suppress his cough. He looked over as the door opened. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were standing in the doorway, wide eyed and breathing heavily. They must have ran all the way here. Kyungsoo was the first to burst into tears and Baekhyun looked like he was about to.

 

“Minseok, you're really awake,” Kyungsoo said between sobs. Minseok smiled sympathetically. The two of them walked into the room and Chanyeol moved out of the way. Kyungsoo practically stumbled over to Minseok and fell into his lap. “I was so afraid that you would never wake up.”

 

“I'm sorry Kyungsoo,” Minseok said gently, patting his back. Kyungsoo looked up at Minseok, his large brown eyes filled with tears. Minseok smiled gently at him.

 

“Well, I have to get back to the slave driver. I'll visit again soon,” Chanyeol said. Minseok nodded and Chanyeol left. Baekhyun followed him with his eyes, confused.

 

“Well he left faster than expected,” Baekhyun said.

 

“Baekhyun...will you tell me what happened to Luhan?” Minseok asked. Kyungsoo looked back at Baekhyun and Baekhyun looked at the door.

 

“That bastard, he left us to tell you,” Baekhyun muttered, sounding greatly annoyed. Baekhyun sighed and sat down. “This isn't going to be a good story.”

 

“So Chanyeol says,” Minseok said quietly. Kyungsoo took Minseok's hand and squeezed it lightly.

 

“After the accident Luhan barely left you side. We kind of had to pull him away for him to eat and sleep. Forcibly. The first anniversary of your accident he just sat here silent and crying. He was popping pills left and right. If he wasn't stoned on anti-depressants he was smashed on whatever alcohol was around. A lot of times it was both. We didn't know what to do so we have to keep locking away either the booze or the pills. By the time the second anniversary rolled around he was right back here. And he was the worst. We decided that this year he needed to get away, take a vacation. So that's where he is right now. He didn't tell us where he was going or for how long. And he left his cell phone here,” Baekhyun explained. Minseok just stared at him, his heart in his stomach. He swallowed hard and held back tears.

 

“So no one knows where he is? No one can get a hold of him?” Minseok asked. He knew Luhan was alive. He just wanted to see him. But Baekhyun shook his head.

 

“We told him to take his phone, but I guess he just wanted to be alone,” Kyungsoo said quietly.

 

“But what if he hurts himself? What if he needs someone's help?” Minseok asked frantically, his panic rising.

 

“Minseok calm down. The doctors don't want you to push yourself,” Baekhyun said, but Minseok was already close to hyperventilating. Worry and panic spread through Minseok like wild fire and he couldn't control it. It was overwhelming.

 

“Minseok!” Kyungsoo yelled as Minseok once again fell into darkness.

 

A/N: There's chapter two guys! Sorry the first few chapters are kind of angsty, but it'll get better I promise! Please leave a comment, I really appreciate it~!