Ending

Never There

 

“Hyung, you’re okay. Please stop crying. Sehuna’s here with you”, Sehun cooed lightly while patting Zitao’s back. The said boy had been crying for 15 minutes now.

“No, Sehun. I’m sorry, I’m really sorry for disturbing you”, Zitao said in between sobs.

“Ssshh… Hyung, how many times does Sehuna have to tell you that you are not disturbing. I am staying because I simply care about you and I don’t like seeing you hurting not because you’re a chore”

“T-thank you, Thank you so much, Sehun! I don’t know how I would ever repay you”

Sehun smiled at the elder,”Just stop crying and stay with me, ZiZi Hyung”

“Okay”,Zitao replied and wiped away his tears.

------

“I don’t know what to do, Lay. I couldn’t stand this suffocating feeling in my chest”,Luhan clutched Lay’s shirt, Lay sent a what-to-do stare at Kyungsoo who happened to pass by their door. Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulder in return, giving Lay a sympathetic look.

“Luhan, don’t be like this. I know it hurts. But would you please stop? Let go, Ge.”

“How could you say that?! It’s easy for you to say. What if you lose the person you loved the most? The person you’ve sacrificed everything for? What would you do, Yixing?!”,Luhan looked up and stared directly to Lay’s eyes.

“I…I don’t know, Ge. I’m a cry baby, I don’t think I’d be able to handle that.”, Lay sighed and continued, “Maybe you should try get Sehun back? Not sitting around staring and crying to me like this? I don’t want to sound mean, Ge. You know of all people I am not mean. I just don’t want to see my brother sad like this”, Lay caressed strands of Luhan’s hair.

“Getting him back? I don’t—“

“Look, Ge. I don’t think Sehun and Tao are exactly dating though. I mean, they never said they’re dating and they never said ‘I love you’ or anything, so the best thing to do is try to talk to Sehun about it. He never broke up with you either, right?”

“Well, you’re right, Yixing. They just spend time together.”

Lay flashed Luhan a calming smile,”But I beg of you, Ge. Please don’t say bad things okay? I know you’re very kind-hearted even though sometimes you get driven by your emotions. So, please don’t get too carried away by the situation, if Sehun starts blowing up, just don’t talk back with anger, okay Ge?”

“Okay, Lay. Thank you so much. You’re the kindest”, Luhan opened his arms to hug Lay which the younger accepts willingly.

-----

                Luhan was excited. Hell, he was over excited. Well, he didn’t know what to do to get Sehun back; he just needed to do it.

“Hey, Jongin. Have you seen Sehun?”

Kai looked at Luhan with wide eyes, Luhan could tell the younger boy was startled by his sudden question, so he chuckled and continued,”Don’t look at me like that! I just need to talk to him”

“What happened, Hyung? Did you guys get back together?”

“Well, no, not yet, soon. So, for me and Sehun to get back, you need to tell me where he is.”

“Well, I saw him with Zitao hyung earlier, I think they went to the store or something or just taking a walk down the street or something”, Kai shrugged his shoulder.

“Thank you, Jongin!”, Luhan replied happily. Now he was skipping down the road to check on every store near their dorm. He finally stopped when he saw two figures laughing happily at the park bench, Sehun had his head on Zitao shoulder, while Zitao was pointing at the cherry blossom tree. Now, he just needed to kick Zitao away.

“Tao!”, Luhan yelled.

Zitao turned his head to look at the voice that called his name, “Yes, Luhan Ge?”. He whispered something to sleepy Sehun on his shoulder and stood up. Luhan just walked towards the peaceful pair.

“Lay wanted you to help with the ramen or something. He said he wants to cook something special for Joonmyeon”

“Really? Okay, I’ll get going. Sehuna, you stay here. I’ll be back, okay? Come on, Luhan Ge!”

“No, No!”, Zitao and Sehun looked at Luhan whose voice raised.

“Uh, I mean. It’s okay, you’ll get going I need to buy something first for Kyungsoo.”

Zitao cocked his eyebrows but then smiled. “Okay then.”

Zitao started walking when Sehun pulled his wrist and kissed his cheek, “Be careful don’t burn yourself, ZiZi”. Zitao blushed slightly and nodded, “Okay, Sehuna.”

Luhan watched as Zitao’s back getting smaller to the direction of their dorm, he smiled to himself.

“Why are you still standing there, Hyung? I thought you’re getting something for Kyungsoo hyung?”, Sehun’s voice disturbs the silence surrounding them.

“Uh…”, Luhan cleared his throat. “I wanted to talk to you, Sehun.”

“What do you want to talk to me about, Hyung?”, Sehun twitched awkwardly as Luhan seated himself next to him on the park bench where Zitao sat before.

“Nothing, really. Just wanted to catch up to you. Our relationship isn’t exactly on good terms. Don’t worry, I’m not trying to do anything bad.”, he turned his head to look at Sehun who was looking at him warily.

They started talking casually, like nothing ever happened. Even though, Sehun looked really uncomfortable talking to the older boy who was trying so hard to make a conversation. After 30 minutes of happiness (30 minutes of suffocating awkwardness for Sehun), Zitao came back with a frown on his face. Luhan realized that maybe Lay wasn’t cooperating with him because he hadn’t told Lay about the plan, he was fidgeting on his seat like crazy.

“ZiZi Hyung, what’s wrong?”, Sehun stood up and hugged Zitao.

“I failed.”

“What do you mean you failed?”, Sehun pulled away and gasped, looking at Zitao.

“I failed in making the dish. I used to be so good at cooking. I couldn’t help Yixing Ge”

Luhan sighed in relieved, thanking God and Lay in his mind. Feeling the weight just lifted off of his shoulder, Luhan stood up and pat Zitao’s arm.

“Don’t worry about it, Tao. I am sure Yixing is not mad at you.”

“No, Ge. I know Yixing Ge isn’t mad at me but I just felt bad.”, Zitao replied, the frown was still there.

Sehun intertwined his and Zitao’s fingers, “Now now, don’t be like that. We better go back, it’s getting dark. We’ll try to cook again at the dorm. I’ll help you, ZiZi!”

“Okay!”, Zitao smiled at Sehun’s offer. He was feeling grateful for having Sehun being so kind to him.

The three of them walked in silence back to their dorm, with Sehun’s and Zitao’s fingers laced together and Luhan’s sad stares at their backs.

------

“Sehun… Can you teach me the moves we just learned?”, Zitao whined when they just arrived at their dorm after long hours of practice.

“No, hyung. I need to help Luhan with his journal. How about you ask Yixing hyung or Kai? Or even Baekhyun hyung?”, Sehun replied lazily, giving Zitao his half-lidded face.

“But I wanted you teach me, Sehuna. Please?”

“Stop being such a baby, Hyung. You’re older than me. Now go ask them or do something else. I need to help Luhan.”, Sehun walked out of their shared room, leaving Zitao alone.

“I don’t want to learn the dance, Sehun. I already know how to do it. I just want your attention and hear your soft voice again. Is that too much too ask?”, Zitao whispered to himself as he felt his teardrop fell again.

------

“Sehun, Luhan! You’re annoying! Stop laughing so loud, Chanyeol is trying to sleep!”, Baekhyun banged repeatedly at Luhan’s room door.

“Gosh, okay, Hyung. No need to be so cranky!”, Sehun yelled from inside. Baekhyun could hear Luhan giggled on the background.

“Where’s Tao?”, Baekhyun asked again, suspicious with their behaviour.

“He’s in his room”, Sehun replied.

Baekhyun gasped. He really cared about Zitao, he always consider the panda-eyed boy as his little sibling, though some fans weirded him out when he found out that they ship him with Tao. He would never be like that with his little brother.

Baekhyun hurriedly run towards Zitao’s room and bursted inside before knocking first. Just as he thought, he saw Zitao’s dried black tears on his cheek. The poor maknae cried a lot even at the slightest thing, his heart couldn’t possibly handle all the heartbreaks that had been happening a lot lately.

“Tao, Tao, Zitao. Wake up, dear.”, Baekhyun shook Zitao’s body slowly.

Zitao opened his eyes to find the kind big brother he hadn’t talk to in a long time.

“It’s okay. I know how you feel, now don’t cry okay? I know you’re tired of crying. I’m going to beat that bratty idiot egoistic Oh Sehoon”, Baekhyun gritted his teeth while pushing away strands of red hairs from Zitao’s face.

“No, No. Don’t, Hyung. It’s okay. He just wanted to help Luhan Ge’s journal. I’ll be fine, he’ll be back.”, Zitao forced a smile.

“I’ll sleep here tonight to company you then. You seem restless. I’ll tell Chanyeol tomorrow, he’ll understand.”

“No, no, Hyung. Just go back to Chanyeol hyung, don’t worry about me”

Baekhyun sighed, “Fine, you and your concerns.”, He huffed. “Just yell my name when something happens. Just remember the rest of the members care about you too.”

“Sure, Hyung.”

“Now go to sleep. I’ll leave when you’re already asleep.”

Baekhyun helped Zitao and tuck him in. He waited till the younger fell asleep and drifted away peacefully.

-----

Luhan rubbed his eyes and he saw Sehun sleeping peacefully next to him. He smiled to his victory. Sehun was back. His Sehunnie was back. He chose to sleep with Luhan instead.

“Sehunnie, wake up. We need to make breakfast~”, Luhan whispered to the sleeping boy.

Sehun jolted up and gasped. Luhan was startled by the sudden movement.

“Sehun? Are you okay?”, Luhan asked worriedly.

Zitao. The name resounded in his head. Guilt washed over him as he remembered that he was mean to Zitao last night. He realized he had been ignoring Zitao for sometime now. Sehun was confused, his head was spinning, images of things happened between him and Zitao flashed on his mind.

“Sehun?”, Luhan’s timid cute voice brought him back to present.

“Uh-uh… Yeah… I’m fine.”, Sehun shook his head. He needed to apologize to Zitao right away—

“Let’s make breakfast now, okay?”, Luhan chirped and pulled on Sehun’s hand to the kitchen. 

They made breakfast together, Luhan continuously tried to make a conversation while Sehun was just standing there, his mind kept on flying to Zitao.

Seeing Sehun looked so worried, Luhan tried to initiate something bold. He leaned and kissed Sehun. Sehun’s eyes went wide.

------

Zitao was excited, he had received advices and suggestions from the almighty Park Chanyeol, of course he would know, he’s Baekhyun’s boyfriend anyways.

So he skipped happily with a bouquet of rose in his hand, he’s going to give it to Sehun. No, not for confessing, just to fix their relationship, yes Sehun would love roses.

He entered their dorm happily with Chanyeol following after him. But he was stopped with a startling scene in front of his eyes.

Sehun

And

Luhan

Kissed.

They kissed.

He felt a pang on his chest, he could literally feel his heart dropped to his stomach on that scene. He dropped his bouquet of rose and ran outside.

“Sehun! Oh Sehun!”, Chanyeol’s deep voice boomed through their dorm startling the wide-eyed Sehun and Luhan.

Sehun turned and saw Chanyeol holding Zitao’s wrist to stop him from running outside, the taller boy glared at him.

“Chanyeol Hyung, please let go.”, Zitao said, barely audible. He pulled his wrist harshly from Chanyeol’s grip and ran outside the dorm.

“Zitao!”, Sehun yelled, chasing after Zitao when Chanyeol stop him. “You ing break his heart again Imma send you to the depths of hell together with Kris”. Sehun shivered at the threat, some times he would laugh it off because it was actually corny, but this, this was serious. So Sehun nodded and Chanyeol let him go.

------

“Zitao! Zitao!”

Zitao didn’t turn his head, he just sat at the park bench they used to share. The thing was, he wasn’t even crying. His face was hard and cold.

Sehun stood in front of Zitao, “Zitao, please look at me. It’s not what it seemed. I didn’t kiss him back! Heck, I was wide-eyed!”

“But you didn’t pull away, Sehun!”

“I was going to!”

“Because I was there”, Zitao snickered.

“Zitao. Please I’m sorry I didn’t kiss him, I swear.”

Zitao huffed his breath, “That doesn’t change the fact that you broke your promise to be there for me”

“Zitao, I’m sorry. I wouldn’t d—“

“I forgot, Sehun. You haven’t broken up with Luhan Ge and we’re not even dating. What was I thinking? Why was I jealous?”

“Zitao…”

“This is all a mistake, Sehun. Thank you, for pretending to be there for me. And I was wrong, my own mind deceived me. Kris or you or anyone, they are just never going to be by my side. Good bye, Sehun. Let’s go back as a band mate. We’ll fix our relationship soon, but that’s for the sake of the band.”

Zitao said as he stood up to walk away from Sehun, leaving the pale skinned boy in tears for the first time in his life, he felt like a jerk.

-----

"...It's nice to know that you were there

Thanks for acting like you cared

Making me feel like I was the only one..."

 

"...It's nice to know we had it all

Thanks for watching as I fall

Knowing me that we were done..."

 


hey guise i am back from school , now starting a whole week holiday <3

this is an update. i hope you'll like it. i dont know what else to say i might update again tomorrow or the day after.

so bye, subscribe comment upvote whatever

ppyong~