Pleasing the Hyungs

You Need Love on Your Birthday

 

After going back to the dorm when they finished practicing for the day, Daehyun pulled Jongup into the bedroom and asked, “Can Jonguppie do something for hyung?”
 
“Sure, hyung, what is it?”  Jongup sat on his bed and looked up at Daehyun questioningly.
 
“Seduce Yongguk,” Daehyun said with a straight face.
 
“Mwo!?”  He must have heard his hyung wrong.
 
“Just get him to like you and pay more attention to you, and only you,” Daehyun said as he sat on the bed next to the dancer.
 
“Ani!” Jongup shouted, jumping up from the bed.  “Aniyo, hyung.”
 
“But you said you’d do something for me.”  Daehyun grabbed Jongup’s arm and pulled the younger back down onto the bed with him.
 
“I didn’t know that you’d ask this.  I don’t like Yonggukkie-hyung that way.”
 
“You don’t have to like him that way.  Just get him to like you.”
 
“Aniyo,” Jongup said, shaking his head furiously, “hyung won’t like me, and this is weird anyway.”  Jongup got up and went to leave.
 
“Aish,” Daehyun mumbled before finally saying, “It’s for Youngjae!”
 
“Mwo?  Jinjja?” Jongup asked, his interest piqued.  “How?”
 
“He thinks that Yongguk will be happier if he spends more time with him, but he’s turning into a weird Himchan clone,” Daehyun said, rolling his eyes, “soon he’ll be yelling at Zelo and calling him a bad maknae.”  Daehyun sighed and continued, “I just miss him.  Can you get Yongguk to like you so that Jae can have a break?”
 
Jongup looked like he was considering it.  He sat back down next to Daehyun and said, “Molla, how am I supposed to get hyung to like me?”
 
“Just be nice to him.”  Daehyun lightly patted Jongup’s back and added, “And act cute too.”
 
“But I’m not cute.”  Jongup shook his head again as he said this, and pouted.
 
Daehyun chuckled before saying, “You’re cute enough.  This isn’t an aegyo contest.”
 
“Araso, I’ll try,” complied Jongup
 
“Jinjja!?  Gomawo, Jonguppie.”  Daehyun smiled and hugged Jongup tightly.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Pleasing Daehyun-hyung~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Hi, hyungs,” Jongup said as he walked into the bedroom that Yongguk and Youngjae were sharing.  Yongguk was writing in his notebook, probably lyrics to a new song, and Youngjae looked like he was cleaning the room up.
 
“Hey, ‘Gup,” Yongguk responded, looking up from his writing.
 
“Hi, Jonguppie,” Youngjae said, “do you need me to help you with something?”
 
Jongup shook his head.  “Actually, Daehyun-hyung was wanting to know when dinner would be ready.”
 
“Aish! That food monster!” Youngjae complained and threw a magazine onto his bed.  “I haven’t even started dinner yet.  I’ll be back Yonggukkie.”
 
“Ne,” Yongguk replied, going back to his lyrics as Youngjae left the room.
 
“Yonggukkie?  Isn’t that what Himchan calls you?”  Yongguk shrugged in response.  “Can I call you Yonggukkie?”  Jongup sat down next to Yongguk on the bed, hoping that the leader didn’t get upset.  He normally liked to write lyrics in solitude.  “Ooh, or even better:  Gukkie?”  
 
Yongguk chuckled before asking, “What is it that you want, Jongup?”
 
“Molla,” Jongup replied, shrugging his shoulders and leaning over towards Yongguk a bit, trying to see what Yongguk was writing, “I was just bored and wanted to spend time with my favorite hyung.”
 
Yongguk laughed and said, “You sound like Zelo.”
 
“Gukkie-hyung, am I as good as Zelo?”  Jongup looked down at his lap, avoiding Yongguk’s eyes.
 
“Mwo?”  Yongguk asked, flipping his notebook closed.
 
“Am- am I as good as Youngjae-hyung or Himchannie-hyung?”  Jongup was twiddling with his fingers now.
 
“Mwo?”
 
“Ah, ani.  Never mind,” Jongup said, shaking his head furiously.
 
“Jongup-ah, is everything okay?”  Yongguk went to put his hand on the younger’s shoulder, but Jongup sprang up off the bed.
 
“Mianhe.  I have to go,” Jongup said as he walked towards the door.  Yongguk opened his mouth to say something but Jongup cut him off.  “Bye, hyung.”
 
“Jongup-ah!” Yongguk shouted out after the dancer.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Mianhe hyung~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Zelo walked out of the kitchen and into the living room to see Jongup pouting on the couch, watching a blank TV screen.  “What’s wrong, hyung?” Zelo asked.
 
“Mm, nothing,” Jongup said as he scooted over so that Zelo could sit down next to him.
 
“Well I have a problem.”  Zelo was the one pouting now.
 
“What is it, Zelo?”
 
“I don’t know what to get Yongguk-hyung for his birthday,” Zelo whispered, scratching his head.  “I was thinking about treating him to ramen, since he likes it so much, but Jae-hyung already makes him ramen all of the time.  What should I get him?”  Zelo looked over at Jongup, who just look back at him blankly.
 
“I’m not sure,” Jongup replied.
 
“What are you getting him?”
 
Jongup hadn’t thought about it really.  He just shrugged.  When he saw Zelo’s saddened expression, he said, “Don’t worry.  You’ll think of something.  Besides, hyung always loves your gifts.  You’re his favorite.”  At the last part, Zelo smiled brightly and nodded, agreeing.
 
“Gomawo, Jonguppie-hyung!” Zelo said loudly and hugged the dancer before getting up and running off to a back room.  Jongup was watching him leave when his cell phone began to ring.
 
“Yoboseo?” answered Jongup.  “Oh, Himchannie-hyung?  But I thought you were staying at home.  Okay.  Araso.  I’ll meet you at the park.”  Jongup got up and went to the kitchen to let Youngjae know where he was going.  When he walked into the kitchen, he saw Youngjae cooking with Daehyun hovering over him, and Yongguk was sitting at the table reading.  ‘When did Yongguk-hyung go into the kitchen?’ Jongup wondered.
 
“Hyung, I’m going to the park,” Jongup said, not really addressing anyone specifically.
 
“But I’m making dinner,” Youngjae said.  Daehyun took Youngjae’s momentary distraction as a chance to sneak a piece of meat out of the pot and eat it, but he was caught.  “Yah!  Stop eating the food.  I’m not finished yet.”
 
“I’ll be back really soon,” Jongup said as he already started to leave out of the kitchen.  Yongguk followed him.
 
“Is everything okay, Jonguppie?”
 
“Ne,” Jongup replied as he put his coat on.
 
“Want me to come with you?” Yongguk asked as he reached for his coat.
 
“Ani,” Jongup said quickly, “I’m fine, hyung, jinjja.”  And Jongup walked out of the front door, leaving a worried and confused leader behind.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Himchan?~~Youngjae?~~or~~Jongup?~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Hyung why are we here?” Jongup asked Himchan as they say down on a park bench.  Jongup wanted to sit on the swings, but Himchan said that they weren’t there for play.
 
“Daehyun told me about what’s going on,” Himchan said to Jongup, “you have to stop Youngjae.”
 
“But hyung, Dae-hyung wants me to seduce Yongguk-hyung,” Jongup whined.
 
“Seduce him!?” Himchan shouted.  “That food-crazy, Busan twerp!”  Himchan looked around to make sure that he didn’t draw any attention to them with his shouting and said more calmly, “You don’t have to seduce him.  Just get Yongguk to want to spend more time with you than Youngjae.”  The ulzzang shook his head before thinking out loud, “Aish!  What’s wrong with our main singers?”
 
“But hyung, wouldn’t it be easier if you just came back?” Jongup asked.
 
Himchan shook his head slowly, looking saddened.  “You know Yongguk won’t let me.  Not until this comes off.”  He raised his hand to show the bandages.
 
“Then we could just talk to Youngjae-hyung.”  Jongup was looking for any excuse to keep from doing what his hyungs wanted him to do.
 
“Daehyun already tried.  You’re the only option.”
 
Jongup sighed.  “But hyung, I feel weird.”
 
“That’s just overactive hormones,” Himchan said before adding, “or gas.”
 
“Hyung!” Jongup shouted, shocked and embarrassed, but Himchan didn’t say anything more because his phone started to ring.
 
“Yongguk?” Jongup sighed when he heard the name come out of the ulzzang’s mouth.  “Oh really?  Don’t worry, I’ll talk to him.”  Jongup wondered who Himchan had to talk to.  “Ne.  Bye, Yonggukkie.”  Himchan got off of the phone and then turned to Jongup, saying, “Someone’s worried about you.”
 
“Mwo?” responded Jongup, perplexed.
 
“Yongguk just asked me to call and talk to you because he thinks that something’s bothering you,” Himchan said, getting excited.  “Don’t you see?  This is how you’ll get his attention.  You’ll make him care more about you than Youngjae by making him worry.”
 
Jongup looked completely confused.  “Mwo?  Hyung, that sounds hard.”
 
“Aniyo,” Himchan said, wrapping an arm around Jongup’s shoulders and pulling the younger in closer to him, “here’s what you do…”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Pleasing Himchan-hyung~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“I’m back,” Jongup said as he peeked his head into the kitchen.
 
“Oh!  Just in time for dinner,” Youngjae responded happily.
 
“I’m not really hungry,” Jongup said, never really coming all the way into the kitchen.
 
“Wae?  Did you eat while you were out?” Youngjae asked.
 
“Aniyo, I’m just not hungry.”
 
“Are you feeling sick?” Yongguk asked, concerned.
 
“I think I’ll go to bed now,” Jongup said, completely ignoring Yongguk as Himchan told him that he should do.  “Goodnight.”  Jongup pulled his head out of the kitchen, but listened through the door to what the others were saying.
 
“Do any of you know if something’s wrong with him?” Yongguk asked.
 
“Is Jonguppie-hyung sick?” Zelo asked worriedly, which made Jongup feel bad.  Zelo wasn’t supposed to be the one to worry.
 
“Maybe you should talk to him, hyung” Daehyun suggested.  Jongup figured that Daehyun knew what Himchan had planned for him to do.  Jongup heard someone getting up and coming towards the door, so he quickly ran down the hall and into the bedroom.  He just jumped into his bed and pulled the covers over him when Yongguk entered the room.
 
“Jongup-ah,” Yongguk began before Jongup cut him off.
 
“Hyung, I’m sleepy.”  Jongup faked a yawn.
 
Yongguk slowly approached the dancer and sat on his bed.  “Is something bothering you?  Is it me?”  He spoke quietly.
 
“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Jongup said as he turned over, facing away from Yongguk.  Ignorance and indifference, that’s what Himchan told him would work, aside from making Yongguk worry.
 
“You were asking me if you’re as good as the rest,” Yongguk mumbled, “is that it, because that’s ridiculous.  You’re just as good and important as everyone else.”
 
Jongup turned his head to look at Yongguk and asked, “Can I go to sleep now?  I don’t feel too well all of a sudden.”
 
Yongguk frowned.  “Tell me what’s wrong,” he pleaded, but Jongup turned his head away again.  The dancer remained silent.  “Fine,” Yongguk said, getting up off the bed.  As he was closing the door, he whispered, “Night, Guppie.”
 
As soon as the he heard the door close, Jongup sat up and looked at the spot where Yongguk was sitting.  He pulled his blanket closer to him unconsciously.  “I hope this works,” he whispered, “and doesn’t make hyung hate me instead.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:  Poor Jonguppie, distraught over helping his hyungs.  Daehyun wants him to be nice and cute, and Himchan wants him to ignore Yongguk and be indifferent.  And poor Yongguk!  It seems like he's being played with.  I've been watching a lot of romantic dramas lately, and I think it affected my writing here a bit.  Not in a bad way, though.  Anyway, I hope you like it.  Let me know what think. :)

Pic/GIF Spam (Jongup-centric):

B-A-P-JongUp-bap-best-absolute-perfect-3

tumblr_m7rc9zZ8V31r54tdbo1_500.gif

tumblr_mc81rg2L3g1r6d5ia.gif

tumblr_m8zsdoShjN1qhyf36o1_r1_500.gif

Jongup-jongup-32528951-500-375.png

as5.jpg

tumblr_lzs05akCie1qzhvik.gif

tumblr_mchyvv4Eza1r88i98o1_500.gif

557628_362969240462984_1266608660_n.jpg

tumblr_m9epypoyou1rrc6d5o1_400.gif

tumblr_mg7upagtdD1s2csjko1_500.gif

Bye-Bye ;-)