Himchan Comes Home

You Need Love on Your Birthday

 

Yongguk, Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup, and Zelo returned to their dorm after practicing for another stage.
 
“Hyung, can I take a shower first this time?” Zelo asked, pouting.  Daehyun and Youngjae just laughed at him because they knew that Zelo was going to be the last one to take a shower, as usual.
 
Yongguk smiled at Zelo and threw his arm over the maknae’s shoulder, saying, “Just try not to fall asleep before showering this time.”  Zelo just pouted more.
 
“Hyung!” Jongup gasped, drawing the attention of the others.  There sitting on the sofa in the living room was Himchan.  His arm was no longer in the sling, but his hand was still bandaged.
 
“Himchannie-hyung?” Daehyun, Youngjae, and Zelo mumbled in unison.
 
“What are you doing here?” Yongguk asked.
 
Himchan nervously giggled and scratched the back of his neck with his good hand.  “I came to celebrate your birthday with you,” he responded to Yongguk.
 
“That’s not until Sunday,” Yongguk said.
 
“So I came a little early.”
 
“But hyung, you’re a whole week early,” Zelo said.
 
“Yah!  We all know that,” Himchan harrumphed.
 
“Zelo, why don’t you go take a shower first,” Yongguk said, hoping to keep Zelo from getting yelled at by Himchan.
 
“Really, hyung?” Zelo asked, his face lighting up.
 
“What!?  That’s not fair!”  Daehyun shouted.
 
“But he’s the youngest,” Youngjae complained.
 
Zelo ignored his hyungs disagreements and hurried to the bathroom to take a shower, Daehyun and Youngjae following closely behind him.
 
“Yah!  I’m the next one in line.  I should go first if Yongguk-hyung’s not going.”  Daehyun’s voice drifted down the hallway.
 
“Jonguppie,” Yongguk said, getting the attention of the dancer, “can you go make sure that they let Zelo shower first.  They can wait a bit.”
 
“Yeah, they ought to be used to it by now,” Himchan added.
 
Jongup nodded in response and quickly went after the other three, noticing how Yongguk seemed to really just want some alone time with Himchan.
 
As soon as Jongup left the room, Yongguk turned to Himchan who was grinning and winking at him.
 
“Eh, you missed me, huh?”  Himchan asked, nudging Yongguk.  “You missed me, didn’t you?”  Yongguk sighed and tried to hide the grin that was fighting to appear on his face.  Himchan noticed it anyway, smirked and said, “I missed you too.”
 
“You’re not supposed to be here,” Yongguk said as he made his way into the kitchen, “you’re supposed to be at home resting.”
 
“I am home,” Himchan responded.  Yongguk got two bottles of water out of the refrigerator and handed one to Himchan.  “You’re my home.”
 
“Tch!  Being away has made you sappy.”  Yongguk turned the bottle of water up, gulping large amounts down.
 
Himchan hugged Yongguk from behind, surprising the leader and causing him to spit up some of the water he was drinking.  “I just miss my Yonggukkie.”
 
“Your Yonggukkie?”  Yongguk snorted.
 
“Yes mine,” Himchan replied confidently, tightening his grip around Yongguk.
 
“Whatever,” Yongguk mumbled as he drank more of his water and let Himchan hold him.
 
“Are we interrupting?” Youngjae asked as he and Daehyun entered the kitchen.
 
“No,” Yongguk said at the same time that Himchan shouted, “Yes!”
 
Youngjae noticed how Yongguk shrugged out of Himchan’s grasp.  He also noticed the pout that appeared on the ulzzang’s face when the two vocalists entered the room.  Daehyun on the other hand ignored Himchan, turning to the oldest and asking, “Why did you let Zelo take a shower first?”
 
Yongguk shrugged and replied, “He’s never took one first, and I didn’t want him falling asleep again.”
 
“Does that mean that he’s going to go first from now on?”  Youngjae asked.
 
“No way!” Daehyun answered before any words could escape Yongguk’s open mouth.  “He’s already using up all of the hot water.”  Daehyun crossed his arms and pouted.  “Steam was coming from the under the door.  Actually coming out from under the door!”
 
Yongguk chuckled at Daehyun’s behavior and responded to Youngjae, “It’s just this one time.”
 
“And this one time is already taking too long,” Daehyun mumbled.
 
“He hasn’t even been in there five minutes yet,” Himchan said, surprised at how Daehyun was acting.
 
“I think someone’s a bit tired,” Youngjae said teasingly.  Daehyun just looked at the younger.  Youngjae looked back at Daehyun meaningfully.  It quickly became a stare down, one daring the other to look away.
 
“Aw, young love,” Himchan said to Yongguk, causing both Daehyun and Youngjae to blink and turn to him, simultaneously shouting, “Yah!”
 
“I’m finished,” Zelo said as he appeared at the kitchen doorway, toweling at his wet hair.
 
“About time,” Daehyun grumbled, “there better still be hot water left.”
 
Daehyun passed by Zelo and left out of the kitchen.  Youngjae quickly left too.  Zelo just looked after the two hyungs that left with big blinking eyes, his mouth hanging open in confusion.  Upon seeing his expression, Yongguk said, “Dae’s just tired.”
 
“Are they going to take a shower together?” Zelo asked, revealing what he was really confused about- seeing the two leave together at the mention of a free shower.
 
“Probably,” Himchan mumbled.  Yongguk elbowed the second oldest and quickly said, “They wouldn’t take a shower together.”  Himchan snorted, which caused Yongguk to elbow him again.
 
Zelo just looked at his oldest hyungs confusedly.  “Well I’m going to bed now,” Zelo said, turning to leave the kitchen.
 
Yongguk chuckled when he heard Zelo mumble, “Hyungs are weird at nighttime.”
 
“Yah!  I’m not weird at night,” Himchan shouted after the maknae.
 
“Right?” Yongguk agreed.  “It’s not just at night.  You’re weird all of the time.”
 
Himchan pouted and replied, “Don’t tease me, Yonggukkie.”
 
Yongguk smiled before his face turned serious.  Himchan wanted to jumped into the leader’s arms and make him smile again, but Yongguk sighed and quietly said, “You know that you’re going to have to go back, right?”
 
“Go back where?”  Himchan feigned obliviousness, but Yongguk just frowned at him.  “I came for your birthday.  You can’t turn me away when I’ve come to celebrate with you.”
 
“But my birthday is a week away.”
 
“So!?”  Himchan started to pout and pull on Yongguk’s sleeve.  He thought that if he acted cute enough, Yongguk would let him stay.
 
“You’re supposed to be at home resting and getting better so that you can come back,” Yongguk said, pulling his sleeve out of Himchan’s grasp and walking back into the living room.
 
“But I’m almost completely healed,” Himchan said, following Yongguk and lifting his bandaged hand.  “See!  Almost good as new.”
 
Youngjae and Jongup who were sitting on the sofa watching TV, turned to see what their hyungs were talking about.
 
“You need to go home,” Yongguk said.
 
“Himchannie-hyung is going back already?” Jongup asked as he got up and approached the two oldest.
 
“No,” Himchan said.
 
“Yes,” Yongguk corrected, “tomorrow morning.”
 
“Why can’t I stay?” Himchan asked.
 
“Because your family can take better care of you.  We don’t have the time.”
 
“So you don’t have time for me?” Himchan asked, his voice getting louder.
 
“You know what I mean, because of our schedules.”
 
“And that’s all you ever care about!  What about me!?” Himchan shouted.
 
Yongguk didn’t like being yelled at, so he responded loudly too.  “Not everything is about you.”
 
“Please don’t fight,” Jongup said, but was unheard as Yongguk and Himchan squared off.
 
“I just wanted to make you happy for your birthday, but I guess I was being so inconsiderate and selfish,” Himchan said, folding his arms.
 
“I never said you were inconsiderate and selfish, pabo!  You just need to go home.”
 
Himchan scoffed.  “Now I’m stupid too!”
 
“I think Yongguk-hyung just means that right now your family can help you better than we can,” Youngjae said as he slowly approached his hyungs.
 
“This doesn’t concern you,” Himchan snapped at Youngjae.
 
“Don’t get mad at him for being right,” Yongguk said, pulling Youngjae behind him in a protective way.
 
Himchan opened his mouth, ready to yell again, when Jongup jumped in front of him and hugged him desperately, repeating what he said earlier, “Please don’t fight.”
 
Himchan frowned and looked down at Jongup’s head that was resting against his chest.  He sighed and looked back up to Yongguk and Youngjae.  “Mianhe,” he whispered, “I just want to get things back to how they were.  I miss you all.”
 
“I know,” Yongguk said, sighing as well, “we miss you too.  A lot!  But you have to think about yourself and get better, completely better, before you can come back.”
 
“Araso,” mumbled a pouting Himchan.  Yongguk smiled in response and pulled the ulzzang into a hug.
 
“I’m finised, Jae,” Daehyun said as he came into the living room, “it’s your turn.”
 
“Boy, did you miss everything,” Youngjae whispered to a yawning Daehyun as they went down the hall.
 
“Does this mean that Himchannie-hyung can stay until your birthday?” Jongup asked.  Himchan smiled brightly and looked at Yongguk questioningly too.
 
“No,” Yongguk answered.  Himchan and Jongup pouted.
 
“Yonggukie is a meanie,” Himchan said.
 
Yongguk chuckled and pulled Himchan in for another hug.  “I love you too, pabo.”
 
Himchan tightened the hug and smiled brightly, but then his smile faded and he mumbled, “I’m no dummy, but saranghaeyo.”  Yongguk just chuckled again in response and slightly swayed them back and forth in their hug.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N:  Writing this made me realize how much I miss Himchan.  I hope you get 100% better soon Himchan-oppa!
(n^o^)n ~Kim Himchan, fighting!  I couldn't stop smiling when I was writing this.  Hope you guys liked it.  Let me know what you think, please. ^^
 
Picture edit by xShionRenny on DA