A Bit of Interference

You Need Love on Your Birthday

 

When Daehyun woke up he quickly made his way to the kitchen.  He loved being able to eat breakfast in the morning, and the fact that it was Youngjae who was making the food made it that much better.  Daehyun burst through the kitchen door and took a big whiff, but all that he could smell was coffee.  He opened his eyes only to see Yongguk sitting at the table, reading and drinking a cup of coffee.
 
“Where’s breakfast?  Where’s Jae?” Daehyun asked.  “Where’s the food!?”
 
“Oh, Jae is still sleeping,” replied Yongguk before going back to his book.
 
“Mwo?  That’s why he should’ve stayed with me and Jonguppie.  I could’ve helped him get up.”  Daehyun turned to leave the kitchen and go wake up Youngjae, but Yongguk stopped him.
 
“Just let him sleep.  Someone else could cook for a change.”
 
Daehyun frowned when Yongguk wasn’t looking.  “But Jae’s food is the best.  You come up with weird ideas when cooking and want to add stuff to perfectly fine recipes.  Jongup’s food most of the time is not even cooked all the way.  How does that even happen when he takes so long to make stuff anyway?”  Yongguk just chuckled.  “If it was up to Zelo, we’d all be eating cherry tomatoes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.”
 
“Don’t forget ice cream for dessert,” Yongguk added, amused, “oh, and lemons!”
 
“And no one eats when I cook,” Daehyun finished.
 
“That’s because you eat all of the food when you’re cooking it and leave nothing for us,” Youngjae said as he walked into the kitchen.
 
“Jae!  You’re awake,” Daehyun shouted as he tightly hugged the younger.
 
“Good Morn- ing to you… too,” Youngjae gasped out, short of breath as Daehyun practically hugged him to death.
 
“Okay, okay,” Yongguk said as he pried Daehyun’s arms from around Youngjae, “what are you trying to do, kill him?”
 
“No!  Not my Youngjae,” Daehyun responded as he hugged Youngjae again, but lightly.
 
“You mean not your cook,” Youngjae corrected.
 
Daehyun timidly looked at Youngjae and said, “Speaking of cooking… breakfast sounds nice, ne?”
 
“Aigoo, it’s always food with you,” Youngjae said as he started to prepare to cook.
 
“You know, you don’t always have to cook for us if you don’t want to, Jae,” Yongguk said, “I can do it if you want.”
 
“Oh that’s okay, Yonggukkie-hyung,” Youngjae said, beaming at Yongguk, “I don’t mind.  I like cooking for you.”
 
‘But what about me?’ Daehyun thought.  He stared suspiciously at how much Youngjae was smiling at Yongguk.
 
“Gomawo for the offer though, Yonggukkie,” Youngjae said, receiving a light pat on the shoulder from the oldest.
 
‘Yonggukkie!?  Ugh, he sounds like Himchan.  What the hell is going on?’ Daehyun thought as he sat at the table and watched every little interaction between the leader and his Youngjae.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Yonggukkie-hyung?~~Yonggukkie?~~~~~~~Yonggukkie!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
For the first time ever, Daehyun didn’t enjoy Youngjae’s breakfast.  First, Youngjae prepared ramen for Yongguk before he finished the breakfast for everyone else.  Then when everyone was eating, he kept fretting over Yongguk, asking if the ramen was too hot or too cold, if there was enough seasoning or too much, if he wanted another boiled egg.  Youngjae even got up to pour Yongguk some more coffee, but when Daehyun asked for more juice, Youngjae told him that he can get it himself.  Youngjae was practically at Yongguk’s beck-and-call, though Yongguk wasn’t asking for anything, Youngjae was the one offering.  Youngjae would have probably sat in the leader’s lap and fed him if he could.
 
So after breakfast, Daehyun decided that he would just confront Youngjae himself, but that was proving to be harder than he imagined because Youngjae was always with Yongguk, and Daehyun didn’t want his hyung to hear what he wanted to talk to Youngjae about.
 
“Psst, Zelo-ah, Jonguppie,” Daehyun whispered, calling the maknaes over to him.
 
“What is it, hyung?” Zelo asked when he and Jongup approached the vocalist.
 
“Have either of you noticed anything strange about Youngjae?”  Both Jongup and Zelo nodded, which caused Daehyun to smile.  He knew that it wasn’t just him that noticed things.  Maybe they knew what was wrong with Youngjae.
 
“Youngjae wanted to switch rooms with me,” Zelo said, “he wouldn’t say why, but I think it was to get away from you.”
 
“Mwo, wae?” Daehyun asked, confused.
 
“Are you two fighting?” Zelo asked Daehyun.
 
“No,” Daehyun said truthfully.
 
“Jinjja, hyung?  Because I thought you were too,” Jongup said, “he wouldn’t even get you juice this morning like he normally does.”
 
“I know, right!?  But ‘Yonggukkie’ gets more coffee and boiled eggs!”  Daehyun said, mimicking Youngjae’s voice when he said Yonggukkie, causing Zelo to laugh.
 
“Does Youngjae-hyung like Yongguk-hyung more now?” Jongup asked.
 
“Oh, I get it,” Zelo said, “Daehyunnie-hyung is jealous, huh?”
 
“Yah!  No I’m not!”
 
“It’s fine to be jealous, hyung,” Jongup said, patting Daehyun on the shoulder, “but I think you should talk to Youngjae about this instead of us.  Ne, Junhongie?”
 
“Ne,” Zelo answered, “I don’t want to be in the middle.”
 
“Or be the messenger,” Jongup said.
 
“Because the messenger gets shot,” Zelo added.
 
“Don’t shoot the messenger, hyung,” Jongup said, sounding sad.
 
Daehyun frowned, shook his head, and walked away, grumbling about ridiculous, unhelpful maknaes, whom he heard laughing when he left the room.
 
“What’s wrong with you?” Youngjae asked.
 
Daehyun looked and saw that Yongguk was nowhere around.  It was finally just him and Youngjae alone, but he needed to make sure.
 
“Where’s Yongguk-hyung?”
 
“He’s in the bathroom,” answered Youngjae.
 
‘Can’t follow him in there, can you?’ Daehyun thought.  “Look, I need to ask you something in private.”
 
“Well nobody’s around.”
 
“Okay.”  Daehyun sighed and then quickly said, “What’s going on with you and Yongguk?  Do you like him?”
 
“What do you mean?” Youngjae asked as he started to look around the room.
 
“I’m talking about how you’re being extremely nice to him, trying to do everything for him, following him around like his shadow, and even calling him Yonggukkie.”
 
Youngjae laughed, though it sounded forced to Daehyun, and said, “So there’s nothing different from how I normally act.”  Daehyun just frowned and crossed his arms, sending a silent message that said ‘Cut the crap.’  “Okay, fine!  I just thought Yongguk might be a little lonely without Himchan here, and I thought I’d be a bit more helpful and closer to him for his birthday.”
 
“But it’s not his birthday,” Daehyun said exasperatingly.
 
“I know, but I thought I’d start early because I thought I’d need to be like Himchan, and I should get in some practice.”
 
“Now you want to be Himchan!?”
 
“Aniyo, I thought hyung would like it more if I was like Himchannie-hyung, but I think hyung likes me just like I am,” Youngjae said, smiling.
 
“Of course he likes you as you are; you’re Yoo Youngj- wait!  Do you like Yongguk-hyung?”
 
“Duh!  I like Yonggukkie-hyung.  I like all of you.”
 
Daehyun crossed his arms again and looked at Youngjae, studying his facial expression.  “You know what I mean.  Do. You. Like. ‘Yonggukkie-hyung?”  Daehyun mimicked Youngjae again when he said Yonggukkie-hyung.
 
Youngjae laughed nervously and opened his mouth to respond.
 
“I just got finished talking to manager-hyung,” Yongguk said, entering the room.  Daehyun heard Youngjae let out a sigh when he saw Yongguk.  “They want us to do a variety after our next performance, kind of like a gag concert, so we need to go to the studio to learn what we’re doing and practice it.”
 
“A gag concert?” Daehyun asked.  “That’s different.”
 
“But it sounds fun, ne Yonggukkie-hyung?”  Daehyun rolled his eyes when he heard Youngjae.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~B.A.P~~Variety Kings~~~~~Gag Concert~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“But, hyung, how are we going to do couples if there are five of us?” Zelo asked Yongguk.
 
“Well one of us will be like the MC,” Yongguk responded, shrugging.
 
“Oh.  So who are the couples then?” Zelo asked.
 
“I’ll be with Yongguk,” Youngjae immediately said.
 
“Wae?  Why not just do it like we did with Crash?” Daehyun asked.  ‘There he goes trying to be with ‘Yonggukkie-hyung’ again.  Not happening,’ Daehyun thought.
 
“Well Himchan’s not here, and I figured that you could be the MC since you’re always doing that Daehyun news bit,” Youngjae replied.
 
“Oh yeah, that’s a good idea,” Yongguk agreed, earning a bright smile from Youngjae that made Daehyun want to hit something.
 
“I have a better idea,” Daehyun suggested, “why not mix it up and have me with Yongguk, Youngjae with Jongup, and Zelo can be the MC.”  Youngjae looked like he wanted to protest but didn’t know how.
 
“Hyung, I don’t want to be the MC,” Zelo said, pouting.
 
“Yeah, you know how he gets flustered sometimes when the attention is all on him.  I’ll just be the MC,” Yongguk said.
 
“Oh that’s okay, Yonggukkie-hyung.  I know that you don’t like all of the attention either, so I’ll be the MC,” Youngjae said, grabbing the leader’s shoulder.
 
Daehyun frowned, but didn’t say anything because now Youngjae won’t be coupled with Yongguk, so he kind of got what he wanted.
 
“Should I offer to be MC too?” Jongup whispered to Zelo.  “Nah, I don’t want to.”  Everyone laughed and shook their heads because they overheard Jongup.
 
“Okay, everyone pick your couples,” Youngjae said.
 
“I’ll take Jonguppie,” Daehyun said quickly and pulling the dancer towards him, an idea coming to mind.
 
“Yonggukkie-hyung!” Zelo shouted when he went to stand next to Yongguk.  They high-fived and Youngjae went to high five them too, but Daehyun tripped him.
 
“Oh, Jae!” Daehyun said, faking alarm and going to pick up Youngjae.  “Are you okay?  Mianhe.”  Youngjae just looked at Daehyun like he wanted to yell at him.  He knew that Daehyun did that on purpose.
 
“Araso?” Yongguk asked as he pulled Youngjae to him and started looking him over.
 
Youngjae blushed a bit and looked surprised.  He nodded to answer Yongguk’s question, then he pouted, reminding Daehyun of Himchan, and said, “Dae tripped me.”
 
“You should be more careful, Daehyun,” Yongguk said after he made sure that Youngjae wasn’t hurt.  Yongguk wasn’t really scolding Daehyun, but Daehyun still didn’t like how Youngjae practically orchestrated that kind of response from their leader.
 
Youngjae winked at Daehyun, causing the older to frown.  He needed to separate those two, and he had an idea of how to do it, and who he needed to get help from.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N:  Who will Daehyun call on for help?  Also, I have no idea what kind of variety show they'll be doing, or what they'll do with their couples.  Maybe I'll come up with something.  Thanks for reading!  Please comment if you like, or even if you don't like.
 
Pic/GIF Spam (Daehyun-centric):
 
tumblr_mcq1aegj4l1qia3dho1_1280.jpg
 
Daehyun-daehyun-32061113-500-365.png
 
tumblr_mgysmmCbFR1rijbs1o1_500.gif
 
A399531CcAAvKmF.jpg:large
 
daehyun_cheesecake_macro_by_itsjustna-d5
 
549037_281350008646164_2135789148_n.jpg
 
B.A.P Jung DaeHyun photo JungDaeHyun26.jpg
 
tumblr_mgng5zo7xD1ry0e4ko1_500.gif
 
tumblr_md0xo8Ac5J1qcy16lo1_500.jpg
 
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A/N:  Sorry about the absence of Himchan to those of you who were looking forward to see what Himchan does next, but I promise that the next chapter will have some Himchan in it.  :)  Please comment!