Himchan may say he is the umma, but in reality Youngjae is

You Need Love on Your Birthday

 

Himchan woke up early so that he could make breakfast for everyone before Yongguk made him leave.  He even thought that if Yongguk liked his cooking enough, he might decide to let Himchan stay, but halfway to the kitchen Himchan could smell food, and it actually smelled really good too.  Himchan burst through the kitchen door to see Youngjae cooking.
 
“Oh, good morning, hyung,” Youngjae said as he turned to see who came into the room.
 
“What are you doing?”  Himchan asked aghast.
 
“Making breakfast.”
 
“I was going to do that.”  Himchan normally would cook for everyone when he was there.
 
“Oh, I just kind of got used to it since you’ve been away,” Youngjae said, turning back to the food on the stove.
 
“Oh,” Himchan mumbled before backing out of the kitchen.  In the living room, Himchan kept walking backwards, staring at the kitchen door, before he bumped into someone.
 
“Sorry, hyung,” Zelo said as he steadied Himchan, “good morning.”
 
“Youngjae’s making breakfast,” Himchan mumbled.
 
“Mm, yeah, he’s been taking really good care of all of us,” Zelo said before going into the kitchen.
 
“I’m supposed to be taking care of everyone.”
 
“Talking to yourself again,” Yongguk said, chuckling as he entered the living room, followed by Daehyun and Jongup.
 
“Youngjae’s making breakfast,” Himchan said again and pouted.
 
“Did you want to make breakfast?” Yongguk asked.  Himchan continued to pout and nodded in response, causing Yongguk to chuckle again.
 
“Don’t worry, Jae makes the best breakfast,” Daehyun said before going into the kitchen.
 
“I still prefer ramen, though,” Yongguk announced.
 
“But hyung, Youngjae-hyung always makes ramen for you for breakfast,” Jongup said.
 
Yongguk nodded while Himchan looked shocked.  “You can’t eat ramen for breakfast!”
 
Youngjae poked his head out of the kitchen and said, “Breakfast is ready, and Yonggukkie-hyung, I made you ramen.”  Yongguk smiled and rubbed his hands together as he went into the kitchen.
 
“I feel like I’m being forgotten,” Himchan mumbled.
 
Jongup rubbed Himchan’s arm and responded, “What are you talking about, hyung?  No one’s forgotten you.”
 
“Youngjae’s taking my place.”
 
“No, hyung!  He only sing’s your parts because you’re not there,” Jongup said, misunderstanding Himchan, “When you come back, things will be back to normal, and you’ll sing your own parts.”
 
Himchan just stared at the dancer.  He opened his mouth to correct the younger about what he really meant, but decided not to.  “Araso.”  Jongup smiled at Himchan’s response and led him into the kitchen.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Himchan-umma~~~or~~~Youngjae-umma~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Bye Himchannie-hyung!” Jongup shouted as he hugged the ulzzang.
 
“Bye Himchan,” Zelo said as he went to hug Himchan too, but the older pushed him back.
 
“Yah!  That’s hyung to you!”
 
Yongguk smiled and shook his head.  He hugged Himchan too and whispered, “Will you ever stop yelling at him?”
 
“But he’s mean to me first!”  Himchan pouted.
 
“Aigoo!  Hyung’s like a little kid,” Youngjae said.
 
Himchan frowned at Youngjae, and when Yongguk nodded, agreeing with the singer and even throwing an arm around him, Himchan glared at Youngjae.  “I’m watching you,” the ulzzang mumbled to the vocalist.
 
“Yah!  I’m starving,” Daehyun said, disrupting the tense atmosphere.
 
“But we just ate breakfast,” Youngjae commented, laughing at the older vocalist’s ways.
 
“Yeah, and now I want cheesecake,” Daehyun replied, “so make me one.”
 
“Jae is not your personal chef,” Yongguk said, earning a pout from Daehyun and a mehrong from Youngjae, aimed at Daehyun.  Himchan frowned at seeing Yongguk defending Youngjae again.  Yongguk saw Himchan frowning and asked, “What’s wrong?”
 
Himchan pouted, ignoring Youngjae’s smile, and said, “I don’t want to leave.”
 
“I don’t want him to leave either, hyung,” Jongup said.
 
Yes! Himchan mentally screamed.  “Jonguppie’s on my side,” Himchan said happily.
 
“What side?” Yongguk asked.  “There aren’t any sides.  Now, you need to go home and rest.  And when you come back, I swear that you’ll never have to leave again.”
 
Himchan sighed, but asked, “You promise?”
 
Yongguk opened his mouth to respond, but Zelo jumped in between his oldest hyungs and said, “Scout’s honor!”
 
“Bad little maknae,” Himchan said as he lightly hit Zelo over the head.
 
“Yonggukkie-hyung,” Zelo called out as he hid behind the leader.
 
Yongguk began to chastise Himchan, so Himchan did like Zelo and called out to someone he knew was “on his side.”  “Jonguppie!”
 
“Ne, hyung?”  Jongup looked like he hadn’t even been paying attention to what had been happening.
 
Himchan sighed and mumbled, “It’s not the same.”  Yongguk chuckled at the ulzzang and walked him outside of the dorm.
 
“When do you think he’ll be back?” Jongup asked the remaining three in the living room.
 
“He’ll be back on Yongguk’s birthday,” Daehyun answered, “there’s no way he’s missing that.”
 
“Yeah, Himchan is too stubborn to stay home just because hyung asked him to,” Zelo said.
 
“You know he’d hit you again if he heard you not calling him hyung,” Daehyun told the youngest.
 
“But he’s not here,” Zelo said, smiling proudly.
 
“Aish, you are a bad little maknae,” Daehyun said jokingly.
 
Youngjae who was quiet during their little conversation finally said, “I bet Yongguk is a little lonely without Himchan here.  They’re really close.”
 
“Ne, because their close in age,” Jongup responded.
 
“We should do something about it,” Youngjae mumbled wistfully.
 
“What do you mean, hyung?” Zelo asked.
 
“Huh?” Youngjae spoke as if coming out of a haze, “oh nothing, never mind.”  Youngjae began to walk out of the room with Daehyun’s curious eyes following his every step.  Daehyun was confused by Youngjae’s behavior just then.
 
Yongguk came back into the dorm and sighed.  “I don’t think he’s going to stay home.”  Zelo laughed in response while Jongup grinned and shook his head.  Daehyun was still thinking about Youngjae.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Youngjae says that he’s the umma~~~~~~~~Jae-umma~~~~~~~~~~
 
They just returned from another long rehearsal, and Yongguk made sure to check that Himchan wasn’t there waiting for them again.  He knew that the ulzzang would pull a trick like that, but he sighed happily when he realized that Himchan actually listened to him and decided to stay home and rest up.
 
“Everything okay, Yonggukkie?” Youngjae asked.
 
“Yeah, just making sure that Himchan didn’t sneak back in,” Yongguk replied.  They shared a smile before Zelo started sulking and mumbling.
 
“I wish I could take a shower now.  I smell really bad.”
 
“Oh no!”  Daehyun immediately cut in and said, “You’re not going first again.”
 
“Please, hyung,” Zelo pleaded with Yongguk, ignoring Daehyun.
 
“Sorry, kid.  You only have one chance, ya know?” Yongguk said, imitating their One Shot lyrics, which earned laughs and applause from Daehyun, Youngjae, and Jongup.  Zelo just looked surprised with his mouth hanging open and his eyes blinking rapidly.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You only have last chance, you know~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
In B.A.P’s dorm Yongguk, Himchan, and Youngjae were to share a room, while Daehyun, Jongup, and Zelo shared one, but early on Youngjae switched with Zelo so that he could be with Daehyun.  Now, after getting out of the shower, Youngjae was approaching Zelo about switching back.
 
“But why, hyung?” Zelo asked.
 
“I just thought maybe you’d like to spend more time with Jongup, since you’re closer in age to each other,” Youngjae said, shrugging.
 
“But I like being with Yonggukie-hyung too,” Zelo replied.
 
“It won’t be permanent, just until Himchan comes back.”  Zelo just looked at Youngjae confused.  “I think Yongguk would like to be with someone a little older sometimes.”
 
“But hyung, all we do is sleep,” Zelo commented.
 
Youngjae sighed.  “I know that.  Just- can we just switch, please?”
 
Zelo looked like he was thinking about it.  Then he nodded and said, “Okay, Jae-hyung.”
 
“Gomawo, Junhong,” Youngjae said with a big smile on his face as he ruffled the maknae’s hair.  “Good night!”
 
“Good night, hyung.”
 
Youngjae walked into the bedroom that he was originally supposed to sleep in and saw Yongguk sitting on his bed reading a book.
 
“What are you doing in here?” Yongguk asked when he saw Youngjae getting into the bed that Zelo normally slept in.
 
“Zelo and I switched sleeping arrangements again.”
 
“Oh, wae?”  Yongguk asked.
 
Youngjae shrugged and responded, “I think he just wanted to be closer to Jongup.  You know, since they’re closer in age.”  Yongguk believed him, nodding and putting his book up, saying a quick good night to the vocalist.  “Good night, Yonggukkie-hyung.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A Switch~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Hey, where’s Jae?” Daehyun asked when Jongup came into the room, getting into his bed.
 
“He’s gone to sleep already,” Jongup replied.
 
Daehyun just looked at the younger in amazement for about a minute.  “How can he have gone to sleep already if his bed is empty?”  Daehyun chuckled at Jongup and threw in a light-hearted “pabo.”
 
“He and Zelo switched places, so he’s sleeping with Yongguk-hyung and Zelo’s sleeping with us.”
 
“What!?  Wae!?”  Daehyun shouted.
 
“Shh!” Jongup tried to shush him.  “I’m trying to sleep.”
 
“Why did they switch?” Daehyun asked, ignoring Jongup’s plea for a peaceful sleep.
 
“Molla,” Jongup responded with a yawn, “Zelo said that Jae-hyung wouldn’t give him a real reason.”
 
“Aish, what’s he up to?”  Daehyun asked no one in particular.  Then he turned back to Jongup and asked, “Do you think Jae’s been acting weird lately?”  But Jongup’s only response was soft snores.  “Aish!” Daehyun said again.  “I’m going to figure you out, Yoo Youngjae.”