Awkward Awakening

Devil Vs. Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daehyun had a bad feeling.

He had run as fast as his legs would allow him to, but now that he’d reached the slopes he couldn’t find Luna anywhere. The snowy blizzard was starting to get stronger now, and Daehyun had to half close his eyes so the snow wouldn’t go in his eyes. Even though he was wearing many layers of clothing, it had the same effect as him going out in the snow in just his birthday suit.

“LUNA?” he called out for the umpteenth time, still only being responded to by the sound of lightning rumbling angrily above him. It was getting quite dark by this point, and the backpack he had quickly packed with some essentials was slowly burdening his swift chances of finding Luna before something bad happened to her. He could still remember how his heart was thumping uncontrollably as he packed some things into a backpack from his room and he hated the feeling of Luna being vulnerable.

Just when he was beginning to lose hope, he noticed some skis slightly dusted with snow. Daehyun was pretty sure they were Luna’s skis, and decided to follow the small faint footsteps that led away into the distance.

“Oh my god” he murmured as he let his eyes fall onto what appeared to be a lifeless lump slowly being consumed by a layer of snow relentlessly falling on it. Running as fast as he could he dropped down and kneeled near the unidentified lump of life, not aware his heart was thudding so tremendously fast anyone would have thought he’d just run a marathon, when in fact it was beating fast out of fear…

“Luna…?” he almost had difficulty whispering her name, he was becoming choked up as he noticed how scarily pale she looked. Her eyes were closed and the lack of movement almost made Daehyun have a heart attack right there and then.

“LUNA! COME ON WAKE UP!” he tried shaking her but was still met with no movement on her behalf. Daehyun let out an exasperated whimper, wishing he could rewind time and stop himself from storming off earlier and leaving her all alone.

He wanted to rewind time and stop himself from accusing Luna of being behind the photograph stunt.

He wanted to rewind time and do it all again.

He wanted to make it all alright.

His self-curses were interrupted as the angry lightening rumbles began to get loud and louder. ‘I need to get her somewhere warm…’ Daehyun decided as he began to lift Luna from the ground. She wasn’t responding at all, but Daehyun pushed his fears to the back of his mind and focused on just trying to juggle his heavy backpack and Luna.  The blizzard decided to copy the angry mood of the lightning and began to violently pick up its pace. Every harsh snowflake that landed on Daehyun’s face felt like a sharp slice of a samurai sword.

It was painfully cold.

“I don’t think I can carry you all the way back to the resort” his chattering teeth made his voice almost inaudible, not that it mattered,  it wasn’t like Luna could hear him anyways, she was knocked out cold.

“I think there’s an equipment shed somewhere up ahead if I’m not mistaken” he murmured desperately scanning the horizon to get a better understanding of where he and Luna were. ‘’I’ll just keep walking and hope I find it’ he concluded as he adjusted Luna so she was lying comfortably in his arms whilst her limp head lay soundly against him.

 

 

*****

 

“What do you mean he’s not in the hotel room?!” Yongguk yelled angrily, causing the maknae to flinch as he watched his hyung raise his voice to a bellboy who just stood helplessly.

“Guk, it’s not his fault, don’t take your frustrations out on him” Himchan softly said as he let his hand rest on Yongguk’s shoulder. The touch of Himchan almost made Yongguk jolt instantaneously out of his angry mood. He let out a small sigh and apologised to the bellboy for his bratty behaviour before the worker then scuttled off. It was very rare to see Yongguk lose his cool like that, but Himchan could understand why he was so ticked off.

Daehyun and Luna were no-where to be found.

“I didn’t think he’d be crazy enough to go after her still knowing the storm was getting worse” Yongguk solemnly shook his head as the realisation of why Daehyun wasn’t in his room sudden hit home with everyone.

The panic was felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter