Reconciliation

Devil Vs. Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For what seemed like the longest 5 seconds in eternity, the pair just stared at each other; the awkwardness being excruciatingly unbearable. What made things worse was that Daehyun seemed to be so shell shocked he’d forgotten how dangerously close he was to Luna’s face.

It was Luna who seemed to be the first to break the silence. “U-Um…your breath is t-tickling m-me”, it was taking all that she had not to trip over her words. Luna cursed herself, she should be fuming, she should be shouting and calling Daehyun every rude name under the sun for all the hassle and pain he’d put her through…Yet her heart was racing at the close proximity between the two instead, somehow Daehyun had managed to make her anger melt like ice cream on a hot summer day.

“You had a big ugly zit on your forehead and I wanted to see it up close” he shrugged nonchalantly, quickly regaining his composure and moving away so he wasn’t so close to her face.

“Oh well that’s nice of you” she muttered sarcastically, rolling her eyes at him.

Luna hadn’t been awake to hear the rant that Daehyun had so happily gotten off his chest. She could only vaguely remember a strange tingling feeling upon her lips before waking up. She wasn’t quite sure if she’d dreamt a kiss or not.

However supposing Daehyun had kissed her she dared not to assume that Daehyun had feelings for her. In the past, every time Daehyun had let down his emotional guard, Luna would fall a little harder for his niceness, only for him to put his guards back up and return to his cold harsh ways. She couldn’t deal with his yoyo-like emotions, it was leaving Luna’s heart confused and tattered.

Realising exactly how she was positioned, she scrambled to sit up so she wasn’t leaning against Daehyun’s thigh. She made sure to shuffle a little so she wasn’t sitting so close to him either. Looking down, she also noticed she was wearing Daehyun’s coat.

 It was those sort of nice gestures that tugged on Luna’s heartstrings.

She quickly looked over to Daehyun who seemed to be wearing a long sleeved t-shirt and a woolly cardigan.  She continued to observe the boy as he began twisting the lid off the flask he had busied himself with.

“Here drink this” he commanded, shoving the flask towards Luna, making sure he didn’t look directly into her questioning green eyes.  “Thanks…” Luna purposefully made sure that there was no hand contact as she took the flask from him. Taking a sip, her body instantly warmed up and she felt herself regaining some energy.

“Here, drink some too” she didn’t really make it sound like Daehyun had much of an option. “No, you drink it, you need it more, it’s fine” he gruffly looked away; he couldn’t let her see his blushing cheeks. ‘Even now she’s still nice…why doesn’t she act like she hates me?’ he mused.

“Just drink it Daehyun…please” the sound of urgency in her voice was what made Daehyun waver, but it was the soft look in her eyes that made him sigh and take the flask and drink from it.

“Thank you…for going out into the snow to look for me, you always seem to be there to save me at the right times…” Luna’s head was bowed down in shyness as she spoke. Daehyun almost choked on the water, he couldn’t believe how extraordinarily cute Luna looked right about now.

“Pabo…I don’t even know why you went out looking for that silly necklace it wasn’t even that expensive” Daehyun couldn’t exactly bring himself to directly response to her gratitude, so decided to slightly change the topic of conversation. Luna smiled, “it’s not even about its price, it’s the sentimental value it held that made me want to go out and look for it”.

“It’s sentimental value?”

“It means a lot because you were the one who gave it to me…I’m sorry I lost it, I honestly didn’t mean to. I promise you, I loved that necklace there was no way I would lie to you about that” to be honest, Luna wasn’t even sure why she was justifying herself… Daehyun had made it clear at the slopes he was never going to give their friendship another go...she'd blown it.

“Min-Hee took it…she made you think you lost it and she knew we would argue over it” Daehyun sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair. There was no way he could forgive his childhood friend for b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter