C H A P T E R 5

Stop This Rain

CHAPTER 5

 

It's been a week since they had been apart. When they see each other on the streets they ignore and acted like strangers. Jieun's parents had already bought her a plane ticket to go back home around August, while on the other hand, Yong Guk had locked himself in his apartment. BAP would come by often to check on him. He told them he was alright and that he just wanted to rest and make sure his wounds heal so he could be ready for another fight, but deep inside that wasn't the truth. The days started getting colder and longer for the both of them. The days they hate the most were raining days. It reminded him of her and her of him. Today was one of those days. The night sky was pitch black and small rain drops were falling from the sky and onto the window pane. Yong Guk stared out the window of the room they used to share together. The room was dark and cold but his bed was colder. He had lost her warmth, her love. He didn't expect this to happen. He never did. But thanks to himself, he had neglected her caring, her heart, and her love. Thanks to him, he had only eyes on his brothers, violence, blood, and his enemies. He reminisce the scene where he last saw her.

"What did I do wrong? Do you hate me being a gangster that much? HUH?!”

“I HATE IT THAT YOU’RE HURTING YOURSELF! I HATE IT THAT YOU’RE NOT WITH ME AT ALL! I HATE IT ALL TO DEATH!! You always brush it off with ‘it’s okay’ or ‘I’m fine’ but to me it’s not! Don’t you ever think that at all? You really have no idea how it’s like on my side of the story. That’s why I hate it every morning instead of waking up to see your beautiful flawless face I see a bruised pale one.”

“THEN WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?! LEAVE! I CAN LIVE WITHOUT YOU!”

He closed his eyes as tears slowly formed around them. He wiped them away because a man shouldn't cry. When he lifted his head, her disappointed looks and cries invaded them again. Those words where he brushed off with a simple kiss, he knew it would never come back. Yong Guk sat on his bed and stared into the darkness of his room. He wanted to hear those words again, feel her embrace, and her love once more. But thanks to his pride and his desires, she had left him. Yong Guk didn't think before he talked. His words had hurt her so much. His words which he had wished to never said to her. He wanted to go back but reality won't allow it. What's done is done. More tears formed as he thought about everything. It slowly fell down onto the floor. The sound of the rain wasn't helping him but making it worse. He came to realize, SHE was his life, the light to his world, his soul.

 



 

Jieun was laying down on the bed staring out the window. She watched as the rain drops slowly fall down and danced around one another. The rain was her favorite time but things changed. It made her think of the past. She had spent the time alone trying to forget about him. She told herself he was never the one. Jieun watched as the rain continued. The sound of the rain used to be very soothing to her, but now it wasn’t as much. She turned the other way from the window and closed her eyes. The sound continued through her ears. Then his words came in.

“LEAVE! I CAN LIVE WITHOUT YOU!”

Her eyes shot wide opened. She sighed and sat up. She turned and looked at the window.

“Stop please…” she whispered. Tears formed in her eyes. “Please…”

 

+~+

 

The following weeks were grey. Some days it rain the whole day others were little sprinkles. Yong Guk rose up from his bed and looked out the window. He fell back down and sighed. When will these days get better for him? He laughed and heard a knock at the door. He slowly got up and went to the door. He thought it was Himchan but to his surprise it was Hana. He opened the door.

“Hey,” she greeted him. He nodded his head back.

“Can I come in?”

He opened the door for her to enter and closed it. Hana walked to the living room and stopped.

“She’s leaving tomorrow,” Hana said. Yong Guk was confused.

“J-jieun?” he asked. Hana turned and nodded her head.

“Where?”

“Her parents bought her a plane ticket back home," Hana told him.

"Why should I care?" Yong Guk then shrugged it off and entered the kitchen.

"Because apparently you still love her," Hana said. Yong Guk stopped.

"Do I?" he asked. Hana rolled her eyes.

"You better do," she said. "Because if my friend leaves this city, you're going to as well."

Yong Guk turned and looked at her. She handed him a paper with where, when, and the time Jieun was leaving for her flight.

“I couldn’t stop her, so you better,” Hana said and left. Yong Guk looked at the paper. He didn’t know what to do. Go after the person whom he lost or just simply let her go. Hana walked out of the apartment and left. Yong Guk stared as her figure disappeared and then quickly looked at the paper she handed him. The train station wasn’t that far from where he was, but the time she was leaving was only 10 minutes away. He grabbed his coat and ran out the door. He bumped into people without saying sorry, he didn’t have time for that. Yong Guk made it to the entrance of the train station and ran down to where the trains were. He ran down looking at the signs where it noted the place Jieun was going to. He finally found it and look to see if Jieun was around. The train hasn’t arrived yet, but he still couldn’t find Jieun.

 



 

She stood there looking at all the people who were going to board the same train as her. He gaze then shifted to the train ticket she was holding. A new life waits for her, and she was going to make sure it was going to be better than what had happened. Her train arrived as she stepped towards to wait for the train to stop. Once the train fully stopped, the doors swung open. Jieun waited for bit as the other people boarded the train. She looked down at her phone and shook her head.

“A new life starts today,” she put on a smile and lifted her head. Her smile faded as her eyes widened.

“Y-yong Guk,” her voice stuttered.

“You think you can just leave like this?” was the first thing out of his mouth. “You really think I can live another day without?”

Jieun was still in shock. Words couldn’t form in her head. Yong Guk grabbed her wrist softly and dragged her to where she stood waiting for the train. He let her go and looked at her.

“You can’t leave me,” he said. “I still love you.”

Jieun looked at him.

“Love me?” Jieun mumbled. Yong Guk cupped her face and smiled.

“Yes, I still love you deeply,” he said as small tears welled up in his eyes. “So please don’t leave me here.”

“You just don’t get it do you?” Jieun removed his hands. He was confused.

“I’m over you,” she said. Those words pierced through Yong Guk’s heart.

“W-what?”

“I don’t love you anymore,” she said. “I’m going home. I’m going to start a new life and forget everything else.”

“You liar!” he yelled. “How can you easily walk away from this?”

“I’ve been through this before, and I’m going through it again,” she said. “I’m pretty sure you’ve done the same.”

“J-jieun,”

“I have a train to board,” Jieun said and turned to walk towards the train. Yong Guk then fell to his knees as his tears slowly fall to the cement.

“Jieun…” he called. She ignored him and continued towards the train. Many people stopped and stared at him. She was about to enter the train but saw that all the passengers were looking at her weirdly and giving her looks. She stopped and turned.

“Are you just going to leave him like that?” an old lady passenger asked.

“You don’t know what I’ve been through,” Jieun replied softly.

“Sweetie, a man never cries,” the lady said. “Those who shed their tears for you, is someone you must hold onto.”

The other passengers nodded and agreed.

“You should go help him up and forgive him for what he had done to you,”

“Yeah, he’s even on his knees for you,”

Jieun looked at Yong Guk and saw that there was a huge crowd around him now.

“He’s a keeper,” the old lady said. Jieun thought for a bit. She grabbed her luggage and walked out of the train. The crowd now stared at her, including Yong Guk. Jieun walked towards him. She grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

“You’re really going to embarrass me like this are you?” she asked as her eyes got watery.

“As long as it gets you back to me,” he replied.

“You’re an idiot,” she said and hugged him.

“But I’m your idiot,” he added and hugged her back tightly. The embrace they both had missed the most was finally back. The crowd cheered on for them and slowly drifted off.

“I’m truly sorry for what I’ve done,” he said and placed his forehead with hers.

“I’m sorry,” she said. He closed the gap between them. It lasted for a bit and they slowly backed away. Yong Guk grabbed Jieun’s luggage with one hand and the other linked to her hand.


e
iapple's noteu
 

OMG,I am so sorry for not updating in the past few weeks i think even months X|

the story is going to end in the next chapter~~

BTW, i was going to make a sad ending but then i thought about it.

most of my stories have sad endings, so i thought i'll change this ending to a happy one so expect it!

and i love you all ( no homo ) XD