C H A P T E R 3

Stop This Rain

CHAPTER 3

 

Jieun woke up to the sound of people yelling. She slowly opened her eyes and sat up. The door opened and Zelo’s head popped out.

“O-oh you’re up,” he was shocked. “Sorry for interrupting your sleep. Hyungs always fight in the morning.”

Jieun shook her head and smiled. “It’s ok~”

Zelo flashed a smile.

“Well what are they fighting about?” Jieun asked and got off the bed.

“What to make for breakfast for noonas to eat,” he smiled. Jieun laughed and whispered.

“Pancakes would be nice~” she smiled. Zelo nodded and left the room. Jieun took the rest of her time waking up Hana. After what seemed like hours, Hana finally sat up and stretched her arms.

“Did you have nightmares?” Hana asked and got up. Jieun shook her head.

“It was a pretty peaceful sleep last night,” she replied. After washing up the two girls entered the kitchen to see that it was a bit of a mess. Himchan was still flipping some pancakes, while Jong Up and Zelo were cleaning up. Daehyun and Youngjae were busy hogging the TV remote while Yong Guk was nowhere to be found.

“Where’s Yong Guk?” Jieun suddenly asked.

“Still asleep I guess,” Youngjae replied.

“Daehyun and Youngjae, come set up the table now!” Himchan yelled. The two ignored him and continue watching TV.

“You guys wouldn’t want me to beat you two up again will you?!” Himchan yelled glaring at them while trying to concentrate on his flipping. The two quickly stood up and went to set the table.

“Sorry for such a chaotic morning,” Himchan smiled at the two girls. They shook their heads. Their mornings were almost the same as BAP. After Himchan finish cooking and the other two finished setting up the table, everyone sat down and started eating.

“You guys aren’t waiting for Yong Guk?” Jieun asked looking at them.

“He usually eats later when he wakes up,” Zelo said. “Don’t worry about hyung, Jieun noona~”

Hana then elbowed her and wiggled her eyebrows.

“Someone’s worried,” Hana giggled and continue on with her food. Jieun glared at her and ate her food.

.

.

.

Hana had finally left with her family and boyfriend on their vacation trip. Jieun lay down on her bed with her phone in her hand. She dialed her mother’s number.

“Hello you have reached Mrs. Lee’s cell phone, I am currently busy please call back again later,” the voice said and then a beep came telling her to leave a message.

“Umma…I just wanted to say that summer break started. I was wondering if you and appa would like to do something together. If you listen to this please call me back…” Jieun removed her phone from her ears and lay her head down. After a couple of minutes a text came.

To: Jieun

From: Umma <3

We’re out of the country right now for a business trip. We won’t be back until August. Sorry sweetie. We can make it up later.

Jieun threw her phone towards her teddy bear and hugged her pillow.

“What am I going to do for summer break?!~” she yelled in frustration. She didn’t expect this year to be as boring as last year, but it was going to be. She sat up and grabbed her phone. It was only 2PM.

“You know what, it’s my fault my summer is boring as hell,” Jieun said. “Might as well make it fun this year.”

She quickly changed into a set of casual clothes and left the dorm. She walked the busy crowded streets of Seoul. She decided to get something cool to eat and entered the ice cream store nearby. To her surprise she saw Yong Guk sitting by the window. He had a cap on with headphones plugged in. He was writing something in the notebook in front of him. Jieun tilted her head at first but quickly ordered. After they had given her what she wanted, she walked towards him and sat down in the seat in front of him.

“Hey,” she said looking at him. He looked at her and pulled out his headphones.

“Oh, surprise to see you here,” he said.

“Shouldn’t I be the one saying that?” Jieun asked. He smirked and drank his milkshake.

“How’s your summer break?” he asked. Jieun sighed and hung her head.

“Boring,” she simply replied and ate her ice cream. Yong Guk laughed.

“Of course it is if you aren’t doing anything,” he said. Jieun looked at him.

“Well you got any plans?” she asked irritated. “If you don’t then I’m going to go.”

Jieun stood up and grabbed her bag when Yong Guk said something.

“I don’t have plans for this afternoon, but if you’re interested I have this party to attend tonight,” he said. “Mind being my date?”

Jieun laughed and looked at him.

“Me? Your date?” she pointed at herself. “Very funny.”

“I’m not lying, if you want your summer to be boring then leave,” he said. “If you don’t then come with me.”

Jieun looked at his face and he was dead serious.

“Uhh…I g-guess,” she said and sat back down. “I don’t have plans at all…”

Yong Guk slightly smiled and looked at her.

“You need to look good first before we go,” he said. Jieun look at herself and glared at Yong Guk.

“What?”

Yong Guk stood up and grabbed his notebook in one hand while the other grabbed Jieun’s wrist.

“Let’s go,” he said and dragged her out of the ice cream store.

“Where are we going?”

“To get you fix up.”

Jieun stared at the back of his head.

“Why is he so suddenly like this? Is it because he doesn’t have a date and everyone else has one? I should’ve just stayed home.” She thought.

Soon they arrived at a luxurious store full of ball gowns, tuxedos, sparkling jewelries, and expensive shoe brands.

“Can you even afford this?” Jieun asked. He looked at her.

“What am I to you? A bum?” he sent a small glare. He pushed her up towards the worker.

“Get her anything that will make her shine out of a party,” Yong Guk said. “But it can’t be too y because she doesn’t match that. Maybe something very elegant.”

“Yah,” Jieun said. But before she could bark back at Yong Guk the worker dragged her away. After hours of going through clothes, shoes, and jewelries, the worker finally finished with her suggestion. She pulled away the curtains that revealed Jieun.

Yong Guk’s eyes laid on her. He didn’t blink at all.

“She looks beautiful,” the worker smiled. “Maybe I should dress you up too?”

The worker then dragged Yong Guk away leaving Jieun alone. She stepped down and toured the store. The dresses were all so nice and pretty, also quiet expensive. Jieun was curious. She wanted to see how the ‘bad boy’ Yong Guk would look like in a suit.

“He’s ready!” the worker yelled. Jieun quickly turned as the worker removed the curtains.

He stood there with a slight smile.

“I don’t look so bad myself,” he complimented and looked at the mirror. Jieun rolled her eyes.

“Conceited much?” she mumbled.

“You two should stand together!” the worker said and pushed Jieun towards Yong Guk. “Couples shouldn’t have such a distance.”

“Couples?” they both said and looked at each other. They burst into laughs and looked at the worker.

“We’re not together,” they said.

“Oh really?” she asked. “But you two really make a good one.”

“Yeah, good my ,” Yong Guk whispered. Jieun glared at him.

“When’s the party?” Jieun asked walking down the steps. Yong Guk pulled out his phone.

“In a bit,” he said.

“Good, let’s get this party over with,” she said. Yong Guk paid for the clothes and they left to party he mentioned about. Yong Guk parked his car and was about to go open Jieun’s door but she opened it herself. She looked around to see many couples. The guys were in suits just like Yong Guk but the girls were in dresses shorter than Jieun’s. In fact they weren’t even elegant dresses but the night club ones.

“Yong Guk!” someone called. The two turned to see a young man walking towards them with a smile.

“Hey, Suho my man!” Yong Guk and him shook hands. Suho backed away and looked at Jieun.

“And who is this beautiful thing?” he winked at her. It sent shivers down her back.

“Her name’s Jieun,” Yong Guk replied. “She’s my date for tonight.”

“Woah, it’s been awhile since I last saw you with a girl,” Suho whispered. “I should take my leave so you two can spend some time together.”

“You act like we’re together,” Yong Guk whispered back. Suho smirked.

“Oh make her yours before she becomes mine,” he smirked and patted Yong Guk’s shoulder. “Have fun~ I need to go greet the others.”

Yong Guk nodded his head.

“Who’s that?” Jieun asked.

“You don’t need to know,” Yong Guk said and held out his elbow. Jieun looked at it and back at his face.

“You do know that you’re suppose to link your hand right?” he asked and let out a small laugh. Jieun glared at him but eventually linked her arm with his. It was the first time they had ever been so close together. Jieun felt her heart beat faster.

“What’s wrong with me?” she thought. “Why am I like this?...”

She took a quick glance at Yong Guk’s face. “Andwae. It can’t be…”

“Well well well isn’t it Yong Guk?” the voice interrupted Jieun’s thoughts. She looked up to see another young man.

“Nice to have you back,” Yong Guk said.

“Certainly hyung,” Kai smiled. “Lovely date you have there. Mind me taking her for a dance?”

“She can’t dance,” Yong Guk replied quickly. Jieun glared at him.

“I can teach her,” Kai said and winked at Jieun.

“She doesn’t feel like dancing,” Yong Guk said. “And if she wanted to, the only person that I will let her dance with is me.”

Kai and Jieun both looked at him. Kai laughed and patted his back.

“About time,” he whispered and left.

“Why did he say that?” Jieun thought. “What’s wrong with him…and me…aish so complicated~”

“You want to sit?” he asked. Jieun nodded her head. They walked to an empty table and sat down. They sat a bit distance from each other. Jieun looked around at the couple who were grinding on each other on the dance floor. She then looked at Yong Guk who also seemed to look at her. She turned her face away quickly and played with her hands.

“Um…Jieun,” he said.

“Hm?” she looked up at him.

“I-I was thinking maybe we start off on the wrong feet,” he said. She was confused.

“What I mean is, let’s be friends,” he said quickly. Her eyes widened.

“What?” she asked.

“I don’t repeat myself,” he said. Jieun laughed.

“Ok,” she smiled. “As long as you keep me away from those erted friends of yours.”

“EXO?” he asked and laughed. He looked at her and nodded his head. Jieun felt her heart beat faster again. “Seriously…what is wrong with me?...”

.

.

.

Summer break was almost over. Hana was going to return tomorrow. Jieun had made her summer less boring this year by spending it with BAP. She had gotten much closer to Yong Guk and the others. They had gone out to play at the amusement park, karaoke night, and even sleepovers.

“Um, I’ll see you soon then,” Yong Guk said. Jieun nodded her head as she closed the door. She lay down on her bed exhausted from the day. She has just returned home from playing soccer with BAP. Yong Guk had agreed to send her off. She stared at her teddy bear.

“Berry~ I think I’m falling for him…” Jieun mumbled. “But you don’t understand the meanings if I confess to him. He will surely reject me. And easily make fun of me.”

Berry sat there on her head slightly tilting from her pillow. Jieun sighed and grabbed Berry to hug. “What am I going to do?”

.

.

.

School had started again. Hana had barely realized that Jieun and Yong Guk had begun to meet up a lot. She was confused, very confused.

“What did I miss out on over the summer?” she whispered since they were in the library.

“What do you mean?” Jieun replied still concentrating on her book.

“I had just notice that you and Yong Guk had been meeting up quite a lot lately,” she said. “I remember you hating him a lot. Did they do something to you?”

Jieun let out a small laugh.

“Hana~ I’m okay,” Jieun said. “Me and Yong Guk just agreed on that we start off with the wrong foot. We’re friends now.”

“Friends don’t meet up almost every day,” Hana said.

“Uhhh I think they do,” Jieun looked at Hana. Hana shook her head and lay it down.

“Oh hey Himchan,” Jieun greeted. Hana quickly lifted her head.

“Zelo’s wanting to ask you something,” Himchan said.

“Why didn’t he just come in?”

“He’s waiting outside for you,” Himchan pulled her up. “Go talk with him.”

Hana watched as Jieun walked away taking some glances back. Hana quickly grabbed onto Jieun’s book and held it close to her.

“What are you planning to do to me?” she asked. Himchan laughed.

“You act like I’m going to kill you,” he smiled. “I need your help.”

“With what?”

“Yong Guk is going to ask Jieun to be his girlfriend.”

“HE WHAT?!!” Hana yelled. Everyone nearby glared at her for making so much noise. Hana bowed at them and whispered to Himchan.

“Yong Guk is going to ask Jieun out?!~” she whispered. Himchan nodded his head. “I knew I was missing out on something. And it was important too~”

“So are you going to help or not?”

“Of course~ it’s been awhile since I last saw Jieun with a boyfriend,” Hana said. “What do I have to do?”

“All you got to do is take her here,” Himchan handed her a piece of map. “My number is on there. Bring Jieun there at 10PM straight. Text me when you two arrive.”

Hana nodded her head placing the paper in her bag. Himchan bid goodbye and left. Jieun returned and sat down.

“What did Zelo ask you?” Hana asked.

“He wanted me to buy him cherry tomatoes,” Jieun replied and looked at her book. “Why is my book closed?”

“Oh about that,” Hana said and slowly got up. “I slowly closed it on accident. Look I have my next class in 30 minutes. I’m going to go now. Be home when I get out~”

.

.

.

“Hurry!” Hana yelled at Jieun who was slowly walking behind her. “Come on, my grandma is faster than you.”

“Arra~” Jieun fastened her pace. “Why are we even here at night?”

“I have a surprise for you,” Hana smiled and pulled out a small cloth.

“What’s that?” Jieun pointed at it.

“Close your eyes,” Hana said and quickly got behind her. She quickly tied the cloth around Jieun’s eyes.

“I’ll guide you to the surprise!~” Hana yelled and laughed. She was excited to see what will happen. Hana quickly texted Himchan and walked towards the place he wanted Jieun at. Once they reached it Hana’s eyes were full of envy. There were many lit candles on the sidewalk forming a heart. Hana had manage to get Jieun inside the heart and told her to wait then ran off.

“Can I take the cloth off?” Jieun asked. There was a bit of silence and then a deep voice replied.

“You can take it off,” he said. Jieun recognized that voice anywhere. She quickly took off the cloth. Yong Guk was standing in front of her with a bouquet of her favorite flowers, rose, in his hand. She looked around to see the candles.

“W-what is this?” she asked.

“I-it’s uh- for you,” he stuttered.

“Me?” she pointed to herself. Yong Guk nodded and walked towards her.

“I’ve been blown away by your smiles, your barking additude, and especially your heart,” he said. “I’ve been love struck. Jieun, I don’t know how this happened but I had fallen for you.”

She laughed and looked at him.

“Funny cause I thought the same,”

“You do?” He looked at her.

“I guess you can say so,” she smiled. “Heart beats faster? Eager to meet each other?”

He smirked and handed her the bouquet of roses. “Then would you love to be my girlfriend?”

Jieun thought about it.

“Hm, do I?” she asked tilting her head. Yong Guk pulled her closer and wrapped an arm around her waist. “Looks like it~”

Jieun was shocked to see their face so close to each other. He smiled at her with his gums showing. She awkwardly smiled back.

“Um, I guess so,” she said. He leaned in to kiss her but she moved away.

“Let’s not go there yet,” Jieun said. “Sorry.”

Yong Guk straightened himself and nodded.

“I understand,” he looked at her. “Sorry~”

“We should go home,” Jieun looked around. “It’s getting late.”

“Before you get locked out of your dorm,” he laughed. She hit his arm. He grabbed it and linked their hands together.

“You’re mines after today,” he whispered.

.

.

.

“You didn’t want me to kiss you!” Yong Guk said. Jieun continued laughing. “Who does that?!”

“Apparently me,” she said. “I don’t want to kiss on the first day of dating. It is my rules.”

“Rules my !” Yong Guk said.

“Yah! No cursing!” Jieun said. He covered his mouth and nodded. He was going in for another kiss but his phone rang. He grumbled and put his hand in his pocket taking his phone out.

“What is it?”

“Jong Up’s injured,” Himchan simply said. “We need you now.”

Jieun looked at him.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Uh, Himchan needs me,” Yong Guk said backing away. “He said Jong Up ran away.”

“What?” Jieun looked at him in disbelief. “Again?”

Yong Guk nodded his head and grabbed his keys.

“I’ll be back before night,” he smiled and quickly pecked her cheeks.

“Don’t get yourself hurt again ok?!” Jieun yelled. Yong Guk ran out before replying to her. Jieun sighed. She knew exactly where he was going. He had said it many times that Jong Up ran away. But the truth, he was going to go and beat up all of those who had hurt Jong Up. She held her necklace.

“Please be okay…” she whispered. Jieun quickly changed and went to work.

 



 

It was past 8PM when Jieun had gotten off of work. She bid goodbye to her co-workers and left the building. She got herself a taxi and left to their apartment. After punching in the numbers, she entered and Yong Guk was nowhere in sight.

“What happened to coming home before night…” she mumbled. Tired, she changed and sat by the sofa in front of the TV. Her phone was in her hand holding tightly waiting for a call or text message. 4 more hours flew by as Jieun slowly fell asleep. Yong Guk had finally reached the front of their apartment. He entered the apartment slowly. Jieun heard the door opened and shot up.

“Yong Guk!” she yelled his name. He widened his eyes and tried to hide his bruises.

“J-jieun,” he said. “You’re still up?”

“Where were you?!” Jieun yelled.

“I told you Jong Up ran off,” Yong Guk replied. “We went to look for him.”

“Yong Guk,” Jieun held his face. “Stop it. Please stop lying to me. Please stop fighting. Please just please stop hurting yourself.”

He moved his hands and held her face pulling her into a kiss.

“I’m fine,” he whispered. “Let’s sleep…I’m tired.”

Jieun helped him into their bed as they lay down and drifted off to sleep.

 


e
iapple's noteu
 

finally updating the 3rd chapter~

uhhh...how was it?? Please excuse the bad grammar~

anyways if you guys need a poster for your story feel free to request at my graphic shop!