Complex Issues

We got married...really

It was a damp day in Seoul, both Yoona and Nichkhun were at their marriage home. Yoona sat comfortably inside in front of the big glass door that was the entrance to their massive garden, she read a couple of pages of her book, before looking up to stare at the raindrops and then returned to reading a few more pages. Nichkhun was in the same room, running on the treadmill, he too had the view of rain but was more fixated on the back view of Yoona which was a beauty. As he was running on the treadmill, thoughts were running through his mind.

How on earth do I bring this up?

Suddenly, Yoona's phone beeped, she had received a text message from Dongwoon. She closed her book and got up, "Im going out,"

"What? In this weather?!" exclaimed Nichkhun slipping on the treadmill and resulted in triggerring the emergency stop button.

Yoona let her alligator laugh loose.

“I don’t want you to go out. Its raining, you might catch a cold.”

“I’ll be fine,”

“Why are you so stubborn?

“Why? Do I not live up to the expectations of your dream wife? If you don’t like it, you could always divorce me,” stated Yoona walking off.

“Wait, Yoona. I have something to say.”

“Say it.”

“A couple of weeks ago when you said you went out with Tiffany and Sooyoung, did you lie to me about that?”

Busted.

----

“Why hasn’t  she reply back to my text message yet?” questioned Dongwoon sitting in his car. “Ill just go pick her up instead then.”

 ---

Yoona was silent, her eyes froze upon Nichkhun’s eyes, deep down she could feel herself begin to well up.

 “Well its just I watched Strong Heart yesterday,”

 “Deh, strong heart?”

 “Yes, JiYong was on it and he was saying how he was doing stupid things in front of you guys at the club. Is there something going on between you two? Did you plan to meet up? Yoona tell me please!”  shouted Nichkhun

 “Stop shouting at me! So what if I met up with him?! Its none of your business.”

“Im your husband of course its my business!”

“Funny that, I probably care about JiYong more then I care about you,”

“And that kiss…?”

“Will you stop bringing that up… I told you it was… Dongwoon… what are you doing here?”

Yoona looked at Nichkhun then she looked across at Dongwoon, the tears let loose and Yoona fled the house.

“You kissed Yoona?” integroggated Dongwoon, grabbing Nichkhun by the collar and pinning him up against the wall.

“Why is that so bothersome to you?”

“Because… because I like Yoona!”

“That’s odd because I just witnessed her running away from you,”

“No she ran away from you. I hate you as a brother!” yelled Dongwoon. “Aish Im going to look for her.”

The two men ran out and pursuited Yoona, the each individually got into separate cars. At the traffic lights, the two winded down their windows and smirked at each other. The smirk showed their determination to find her.

----

Yoona wasn’t sure where she was physically or mentally. The past weeks with Dongwoon had been a bliss, everything turned out how she would have expected a relationship to be. This arrange marriage had made her life was a mess, things were so complex that Yoona didn’t see the point in living anymore. But why didn’t she tell Nichkhun? Why didn’t she want to hurt him?

Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around Yoona and hugged her from behind, “don’t cry anymore.”

-----

“Nichkhun was driving around the block thinking Yoona could be anywhere. Finally he spotted a figure that shone from miles away but he was too late.

When Nichkhun arrived back home, he thought about earlier and the email he had received from JiYong last night.

“Nichkhun-sshi, you best keep an eye on your wife.”

----

“Don’t cry anymore,” said Dongwoon.

“Dongwoon,” uttered Yoona who was too ashamed to face him so Dongwoon spun her around to face him but Yoona just lowered her head further.

“Is it true you kissed Nichkhun?”

Yoona nodded her head.

Dongwoon’s emotions exploded, he could feel sadness and anger building up inside him. Yoona still afraid to look up, felt something wet fall on her arm then she looked up, tears had fallen from Dongwoon’s eyes.

“I hate him. I hate him. I hate him.”

”Sssshhh, don’t say that Dongwoon. Hes your brother.”

“But he’s not Yoona! If it wasn’t for him, I would be your husband right now!!”

“What?!”

“Nichkhun… Nichkhun he’s adopted!!!”

----

He’s adopted so… the first son of the Horvejkul’s would have been Dongwoon and the original person I was supposed to get married to.

This was Yoona’s thought as she slowly returned home, Dongwoon had driven off upon the request that he needed time alone.

Yoona then rang Yuri.

“Hello?”

“Yuri, I had a lot of explaining to do…”

After Yoona explained everything that had happened between her, Nichkhun and Dongwoon, Yuri said, “Well, do you want to be married to Nichkhun or not?”

“No,”

“Then lets get that divorce off him. Meet me tomorrow and ill teach you the art of seduction.”

PREVIEW

“Nichkhunnnnn, can you help me please?”

“Where are you?” 

“In the bathroom… but when you come in, make sure you close your eyes!!”