Precious Chance

Unwanted Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- Chapter V -

Precious Chance

 

"I think it's time..." Yunho paused as he took a quick break from his swim. Swiping his hair back with his dominant hand and polishing his face with the other.

"Time to what?" Jaejoong asked, before doing another lap and rising his head out of the water. 

"She's not interested, and I can't stand it anymore. I'm just hurting myself in the realm of false hopes" the lad explained.

They heard another laugh from the side which he knew was from Yoochun. His other friend just figured out what was up.

"Hey! I thought you're going home?" Jaejoong asked, permanently getting distracted.

 

"And what, I'm going to miss this?" Yoochun snickered. "I was there the last time you made a fool of yourself, why shouldn't I stay for the fun this time?" he threw himself by the bleachers, throwing the towel around his back and using it a stretcher.

 

"You're really enjoying my misery aren't you?" Yunho muttered. 

 

He was sure he had scared her away that day after he deliberately expressed his affection for her, so he resist not to step or cross the line any more further. He watched his actions carefully and professionally helped her out during their partner studies; and he kept dating what's her name and that other girl. But it was getting mroe difficult for him each day, being alone with Hyoyeon, standing so close to her and hoping for some sign that she wanted something other than lessons and friendship. 

 

"Yun, me and the guys have been watching you get all the girls for the last three years- no, for the last seven; you were hot even in fifth grade. Darn right I'm enjoying it!" 

 

Yunho grimaced, causing Jaejoong to sigh as he felt the heavy pang of frustration that's coming out from his good friend. He is symphatizing for him really, especially after seeing all the sacrifices he made and the time he spent on courting Hyoyeon, showering her with all he has just to show her how special she is and how much he had liked her. But the girl seems to be detached, and aloof althroughout the months.  Of course he couldn't blame Yunho for saying he wanted to give her up. But he knew better. 

 

He knew that even with the hardest shell the girl is trying to put up, and how high the walls she is trying to build, something changed with the way Hyoyeon sees Yunho. She no longer gives him those cold, blank stares, no longer shoves him away despite getting a little too annoyed with his constant approach, she no longer throws away the letters from her locker even though she might have the biggest hint whom exactly its from. He could see the sparks in her eyes and how her face would brighten up just by seeing him in the morning or lunch hours. He could see how subtle and soft she would be whenever she would converse with him contrast to the loud, cheery and almost animalistic growls she would send the swim team and the other popular jocks in the school who tries to get closer to her. In short, she had made it obvious enough. 

 

 "I'm just going to find myself a monastery with a swim team or probably drop out and become a priest" Yunho continued, earning a heavier feeling on his best friend's chest. 

 

No, no, no. It isn't right, Jaejoong thought. He has seen more than chemistry between those two and he's not letting all his and everybody else's efforts to go down the drain just because of some misunderstandings. 

 

He just had to do something. 

 

Hyoyeon took longer than usual that afternoon after having a short meeting with the newspaper club regarding the upcoming sports meets thats yet to happen in their campus. They were only a few more students left, alongside with the rest of the janitorial staffs and the hallways were practically already empty. She made a round to her locker, unwilling to make a final exit towards the gates. It was already five, just the perfect timing to serve customers if she choose to go to the eatery, but there was so much to think about and going there was the last thing she had on her mind. 

 

Why was Yunho doing this? Was he just feeling sorry for her? Did he want to be her friend? Did he want more than a friendship? Was he sincere about his confession or was it another one of those pranks that Clay Gephardt would play with Jamie Sullivan when he asked for help and acting like a complete in front of her in front of his friends. 

 

Of course it's not, she mentally answered. She had seen and heard it herself. Yunho liked her- why would he even constantly brin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter