Taken Aback

Unwanted Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- Chapter III -

Taken Aback

 

The intoxicating scent of ox bone soup and dakjuk brought a sweet scent to her nose, and the mellow music that was playing by the background soothed her well enough to relax her nerves. It was one of those rare times where Hyoyeon was actually relieved to go to work on a Saturday morning as she merrily walks around Roussea's , the small eatery's bonafide located by the south of Samcheongdong, Seoul that was particularly owned by her family.

 

As usual, she is talking and enjoying the little chats she would have with the usually frequented customers who are already having their ddukbokis and jiggaes despite of the warm weather outside while voluntarily taking care of the stocks and simple orders by the counter as well.

 

Making her way back after another round of tending the guests, she then took notice of a familiar looking man adoringly conversing with her best friend, Yuri who also works as a part-time shift waiter, causing her to fall for curiousity's trap. She spotted her younger brother who was lazily situated by the corner with his mouth hanging open and legs dangling on a chair and without any further contemplation, she then made her way to the sleeping man only to give him a rather violent blow causing the man to wake up from his dreamland. 

 

"Ya! Kim Jongdae!" she called.

 

"Noona" the latter replied in with his hoarse tone, still lying down with his eyes closed. "Let me sleep a little more hm? I promise I'll help you out later" he exclaimed, raking his hair messily as he tried settling back to his dreamworld again, shooing his clingy sister out of his sight.

 

He is Jongdae, Kim Hyoyeon's younger brother by a year, attending as a freshman student in the same University as her and merely known for his black silky hair, accentuated with his beautiful jawline and perfect features, adversing from his dear sister's goldilock-like curls.

 

"What is that Kim Jaejoong doing around here?" she hissed, ignoring her sibling's grumbling and complains, not caring much if he is still sleeping or not.

 

"Hmm, I don't know." the younger man grumbled again before finally shooting his eyes open and sluggisly darting his way up and making his way to the back fridge to get himself a glass of water while his sister trailed behind him. "He must be reminding Yuri noona about the lunch reservation the swim team made earlier." He exclaimed, causing Hyoyeon to perk her ears up. 

 

"What?!? The swim team made a lunch reservation here?" she bolted, as her eyes widened in shock. "Since when?"

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter