The City Swim Meet

Unwanted Affection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

- Chapter I -

The City Swim Meet

At the sound of the gun, Hyoyeon jumped. She hated pools, especially those indoor ones. Even though she was ten feet from the edge, she felt as if she were swimming. The air itself seemed dark, a dank mist, bluish green, heavy with the smell of chlorine. Everything echoed in her ears- the gun, the shouts of the crowd, the explosion of the swimmers in the water and she swore, if she even flinched one bit, she would've felt claustrophobic.

 

She wasn't even sure why she volunteered to participate to take pictures for this swim meet anyways when she could be sitting inside the library and finishing off The Great Gatsby or Robinson Crusoe nor why didn't she have the guts to raise her hands to appoint herself as the Chief Writer of the newspaper club like she has she originally planned to when she had the chance. She internally knocked her head. She sure is a smart girl- considering the fact that she tops in class with an exceptional average of ninety-seven percent at the latest but why does she seem so stupid sometimes? Including with this one.

 

Realizing that she had stood up in the same position for the last ten minutes, Hyoyeon decided to move closer in the bleachers to take the swimmer's close ups, sighing as she made her way to the busy hoards of fangirls who were screaming their lungs out to cheer for their so-called boyfriends as they stereotypically label. She doesn't understand the whole fuss about this whole swim meet, and why were girls gushing over some guys to the point that they hyperventilate despite of the oxygen that's surrounding them. She thought that all this scenario only happens during high school when the football team walks in the classroom and winks at girls but obviously, she had thought wrong as it is happening right now despite her being a sophomore in college. 

 

What's so great about those boys anyways? Each and everyone of them looks the same no matter where and how she looks at it - they're all hairless to begin with, every one of them with shaved arms, shaved legs, and even chests. They're like a team of bald guys in rubber caps and goggles ready to dive in and be checked out by the prying girls whom she jokingly named as mermaids.

 

As she enjoyed the mini dialogue she was having in her mind, she didn't even realize that she was mildly lost in her thoughts and that the 400 meters of round was halfway to it's end until a clumsy student had run up to her causing her to almost fall on the pool trying to catch her digital reflex Nikon D7100 camera.

 

"Woah there Miss, are you okay?" a familiar guy spoke, snapping her in her state of fatality as she trembled from his warm touch that automatically sent shivers through her system. His arms were propped on her back preventing her to slip while his other hand hung by the edge of the poolside, catching the camera she took a risk catching causing everyone to snap their heads towards their direction. 

 

"I-I'm okay... T-thank you. She stuttered, nervously standing up from their awkward stance as she accepted her camera back and quickly sauntered back to the other end of the grandstand where her two other friends were, no longer bothering looking back. 

 

 

"Oh my god Hyoyeon! You're totally a babe! How can you fall perfectly into Jung Yunho's arm like that?" Yuri, the tan girl who was standing about point nine centimeters above her spazzed as she held onto her left arm and shook it rapidly, her way of venting out her excitement.

 

Hyoyeon just rolled her eyes and shook her head in dismay. She should have expected this. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter