"Because I won't be there, you have to be careful"

Between Heaven and Earth

Time passed way too fast. Another week had already passed, meant that already over a half of the given time had passed. Woobin because more uneasy everyday, unable to calm himself down. He didn't know how to stop all this, after all, he couldn't touch anyone but Jongsuk. So, if someone attacked him, he couldn't stop him. And it wasn't always predictable how someone would die, so it might happen all of a sudden and Woobin had no chance to react or help whatsoever. He didn't like it, no, in fact he hated it. However, he sweared to do his best no matter what.

The clueless boy on the other hand was happy and it was rare to see him not smiling. Always grinning, smiling, chuckling, overly happy. Why? He wasn't sure, but it felt like he was in love. Jongsuk almost thought that he would never fall in love again after his last relationship ended so miserably, but right now he had butterflies in his stomach and every time he looked at his - still not used to say it - boyfriend, he just knew it was right. Lately, they had spent their days together on the sofa, cuddling, watching movies, making out...they were both hot-blooded men, of course they couldn't bear to just sit next to each other. However, they'd never go further than a little touching here and there because of different reasons. While Jongsuk  wasn't used and felt embarrassed to be "the woman", who obediently let the other dominate him, Woobin didn't know if it was fair to the boy, who didn't know that he wasn't even a human. When Jongsuk would find out, he didn't want him to feel disgusted and if he could continue to live and Woobin disappeared, he didn't want him to regret it nor to suffer even more. So, they ended up not really doing anything further than kissing and innocently caressing each other.

Today Jongsuk found himself in Woobin's arms again as the phone suddenly rang. He sighed, didn't want to get up.

"Don't you wanna take the call? Your friend must be mad." The gatherer breathed right into his ear. Aside from the not-matching-content, his voice was so seductively that it made Jongsuk blush. 

"Why does he call everyday anyway?...I like him, but do I really have to talk to him everyday?"

"It's because he wants you, I told you before."

"Yah!"

"But well, I can't hold it against him. I want you, too."

The boy's cheeks burned even more now and he couldn't look in his eyes. 

"Though I don't like him, take the call. You will regret it later." If I'm not there anymore, the gatherer said in his head.

A sigh left Jongsuk's lips before he unwillingly slipped off the man's arms and took the call. "Yeoboseyo?"

"Ah, finally! I thought you wouldn't answer the call again..." Soohuyn sulked.

"Well...actually I'm busy..."

"Again?...Are you with that guy again?" His voice changed, now he was pissed, Jongsuk could tell. The boy bit his lower lip, feeling guilty for not telling his friend he was dating him now. He was worried that his friend might find it disgusting and wanted to avoid him then, but he didn't want to lie to him anymore either.

"Uh...you see...there is something I need to tell you..."

"Are you dating him?" Soohyun asked with an usual cold attitude.

Jongsuk hesitantly answered. "Uh...I do."

Silence. Peep, peep, peep, peep. He had hung up. The boy's heart skipped a beat, he was shocked. Though he had expected him to be shocked, he didn't expect him to just hang up, it wasn't like him. He bit his lower lip again, feeling uneasy in an instant.

"Hey..what did he say?" Woobin approached his boyfriend and gave him a back hug. 

"He just hung up..."

Because he is jealous obviously, the gatherer said in his head, but thought it would be inappropriate to say it now. He gently the boy's arm and rested his head on his shoulder. 

"Wanna go meet him and make up?"

Jongsuk still bit his lip, leaned against his lover's chest. "I promised you to spend the day with you..."

"It's alright. Don't you have to work later anyway? I will survive without you today..hardly, but I will."

The boy chuckled. "Babo."

"Yah, I was being nice and you call me an idiot?" 

"Well...yes." His mood lightened up. Because Woobin was usually the one teasing him it felt good to be the teasing one once in a while. 

"But it's alright to be an idiot, because you are my idiot." he added.

The man was a little surprised but smirked immediately. "Is that so?"

"Uh."

"Aren't you too confident right now? I could have tons of girls and guys~"

"Mhh...well, you want me though."

He sighed. "True..."

Both men giggled before sharing a sweet kiss. Woobin backed off quickly tough. "Now go, before I regret my decision."

"Sorry~" Jongsuk gave him a peck on his cheek before putting on his shoes and his jacket, waving cutely and leaving the house.


Unknowingly followed by the gatherer, Jongsuk headed to his friends home, knocking on the door immediately as he arrived. 

"Soohyun-ah...let's talk, huh? ..."

It took a while, but in the end his friend couldn't withstand and opened the door, letting his friend enter his house. Woobin had no chance but sneakingly enter and hide instantly, so Jongsuk wouldn't discover him. Luckily, the boy didn't notice him and was focused on his friend.

"Why did you just hung up earlier?.."

"Not important. Want something to drink?"

"Soohyun-ah...it's important to me..."

"Well, I don't think that it actually is."

"But it is!"

A short moment of silence. 

"...I know, I didn't have much time for you lately...but I'm in a relationship now...and of course, that means that I can't meet or call you all the time like I used to did when I was single, we both were single."

"And that's the problem. Your so-called relationship."

Jongsuk gulped. "Mwo?"

"Do you even know that guy enough to like him? How long do you know him, two weeks?"

"It's not like that!..." okay, actually it had only been a month and a few days... "Even if I met him only a few weeks ago, is that even important?"

"It is! How can you trust a stranger so easily?!" Soohyun was mad - and jealous.

"Everyone is a stranger when you meet them for the first time! Of course you have to trust people to get to know them!"

"And then you just suddenly decided to date a man?!?"

"What's the problem with that?!"

"After all, you should have chosen me!"

Jongsuk's heart skipped a beat. What did his friend just say? He was dumbfounded.

"After all I did for you, you should have chosen me, saekki-yah!" Soohyun was still mad, trying to blink his tears away. "I was alright, knowing you were straight and it was enough to be your friend. But what's this? Now you are suddenly dating a man out of nowhere and don't even care about me anymore?"

The boy's eyes were filled with tears. He felt bad, not knowing his friends feelings all this time. What a bad friend he was.

"Soohyun-ah...I'm sorry... really..."

"Whatever, go. I want to be alone."

"...Soohyun, please..."

Jongsuk approached him slowly, but his friend immediately shoved him off roughly, making him stumble and fall, hitting his head at the edge of the table. The sudden noise made Woobin flustered. He wanted to take a look, but he couldn't. The boy would easily see him in this small room. He clenched his fists, hoping that nothing bad happened. Jongsuk rubbed his left side of hid forehead and tensed as he saw his own blood on his palm and fingers. He gulped and looked at his friend who stood there completely shocked. Soohyun reached out to pull his friend up, but Jongsuk softly shoved off his hand and stood up on his own. 

"I'm sorry...I didn't meant to hurt you..I will get the first-aid kit."

"I'm alright. I'll go now."

"Jongsuk-ah..."

One last time, Jongsuk looked in the eyes of the dark-haired. "Soohyun, I'm sorry for not loving you. I'm sorry that I can't change that. I'm sorry that I'm a bad friend, but don't talk bad about my relationship or boyfriend anymore. I really don't like it."

With these words the slightly trembling boy left the house, leaving his friend behind soaked in regret and guilt. Woobin, who was forced to quietly listen to the whole conversation, was touched. However, he didn't like it. He didn't want Jongsuk to protect him, he didn't want Jongsuk to lose his best friend, he didn't want Jongsuk to fall for him...no, that wasn't true. Honestly, the gatherer wanted Jongsuk to fall for him, he wanted to hold him, kiss him, live with him...but that wasn't possible. Woobin wouldn't be there much longer...it was a mistake to get closer to the boy. He hurried and followed his love.


When Jongsuk arrived at the restaurant his boss dragged him inside and took care of his wound immediately without saying one word. It wasn't that bad and looked worse than it was, but because it was still slightly bleeding his boss was worried. The boy thanked him and began to work afterwards. Luckily, he could go earlier than usual. He was depressed after the incident and just wanted to be comforted by his boyfriend now. Woobin was waiting outside, a little surprised as Jongsuk came out earlier than usual. Their eyes locked.

"Why are you here?" the surprised boy asked.

The gatherer scratched his head. "I wanted to pick you up, but I was too shy to go inside...so I waited outside." An excuse Woobin had prepared a long time ago, just in case he was caught. However, he suddenly noticed the plaster on his boyfriends forehead and was dead worried.

Jongsuk slightly smiled, but was obviously still downcast. "You're so cute. Thank you...let's go home."

"Uh....what happened? Are you badly hurt?...and how did it go with Soohyun?"

"No..I wasn't careful and hit my head at the edge of a table..I'm just too clumsy....and Soohyun..well, we had a fight so it wasn't that good."

"I'm sorry to hear that...however, you should be more careful.." 

Woobin cupped Jongsuk's face with his hands, caressing his cheek with his thumb gently. "You really have to be more careful...I don't want you to get hurt..." 

He looked in his eyes before leaning his forehead carefully at Jongsuk's. Because I won't be there, you have to be careful, he explained in his head.

The boy nodded and felt better instantly. He was sure more than ever, that he made the right decisions. 

 

After that hey remained silent until they were back home. Jongsuk slipped off his shoes and dropping his jacket on the floor, not really caring about that. Woobin was more worried with every minute that passed. The boy was unusual quiet, hurt and seemed downcast. He wanted to cheer him up, but he didn't know what to do. Because he never had to care about those things before, he didn't know anything now. Suddenly his boyfriend turned around and looked at him before dropping his gaze, biting his lower lip. Woobin pulled him into an embrace, leaving no space between their bodies. Jongsuk wrapped his arms around the other's torso, digging his fingers into the man's shirt. "I love you" the words left Jongsuk's lips for the first time, his voice only above a whisper. 

 

 

 


 new chapter up!! :D hope you like it! unfortunately, my program broke and I wrote the chapter here, so i hope there won't be too many mistakes. 

here's something cute I found on tumblr! 

 

  

  

 

Woobin is the biggest Jongbin/Heungsoon shipper out there!!! *~*