"Just tell me one thing..."

Between Heaven and Earth

Jongsuk went inside his room, dragging his heavy feet step by step. As soon as he was inside he quickly locked the door and slumped down against the door. The tears started to fall again. He buried his face in his hands. His emotions were a mess. He was dead scared that Woobin was going to get hurt because of him, and then...and then...He couldn't even think straight. Did that car just rush through him? It did. That was impossible. But there was this man as well. And he obviously didn't see the other. It scared him. It scared the hell out of him. But the look in the other's eyes... he looked pained. And even though Jongsuk wanted to deny it, it hurt him. The poor boy didn't know what to think anymore. He just sat there, and his tears kept falling.

 

 

 

 

The night passed and a new day arrived. Jongsuk got no sleep, not even for a second. His tears had dried by now, but the pain remained. He still couldn't understand how all that was even possible nor why it happened.

 

Was he insane? Did he just imagine things? Jongsuk had heard of that sickness, causing you to see people who didn't exist, but was that it? He didn't think so. There were worse times in his life, but he never had hallucinations like that.

 

So...let's pretend Woobin wasn't just his hallucination...what was he? A ghost? Then why could he touch him in the first place? Nothing made sense anymore and if he wasn't insane already, Jongsuk was sure he'd be soon.

 

 

 

Woobin still sat on the stairs, not moving an inch. He missed him. Not even a day had passed but Woobin already missed Jongsuk so much it hurt. He couldn't even imagine how much Jongsuk was hurt. Just like that he lost his lover, his friend and he probably thought he lost his sanity as well.

 

It scared him not to know what Jongsuk was going to do now. Would he be alright? He wouldn't hurt himself, would he?

 

The gatherer couldn't even go inside to check up on him. It would scare his loved one even more. He wondered, if he could go back in time and make another decision...would he? Would he choose to keep a distance and watch over him like that? He didn't know. Would that have been the right choice? There must have been a reason why Jongsuk was able to see him. It was fate...wasn't it?

 

No matter what Woobin's decision was still the same. He wanted to protect Jongsuk. No matter what. He couldn't go back in time. He had to make the best out of it. He wouldn't let Jongsuk die.

If he had the slightest hint of danger he would rush to Jongsuk's side and protect him. Even if he was hated, even if he committed endless sins.

 

 

 

 

Jongsuk decided to eat something. Though he had no appetite he would not let his body suffer. Everything was going to be alright if he tried....wouldn't it? He dragged himself to the kitchen and looked around. As he thought about it he noticed that he hadn't made himself a meal for weeks. There has always been Woobin to cook for him...or was that just his imagination?

 

 

Shaking his head continuously, Jongsuk tried to shake off all thought about the other. He reached out to take a plate from the shelf, but as soon as he grabbed it, it slipped through his shaky fingers and shattered on the ground. Jongsuk slightly jumped as the sound roared in his ears.

Before he could even react Woobin came running right through the wall, screaming his name, wearing a panicked expression: “Jongsuk!!”

 

This had him startled for real. Jongsuk froze, staring at Woobin with wide opened eyes. He saw it. He just saw it again. Woobin slipped right through the wall. Like it was the most normal thing in the world.

However, it startled Woobin as well. He heard the noise and without thinking rationally he just sprinted to find Jongsuk, to make sure he wasn't hurt. His gaze fell on the broken plate and went back to Jongsuk.

 

“I....I'm sorry. I thought...I thought something happened to you...” Woobin tried to explain calmly but he stuttered. Seeing the fear in Jongsuk eyes killed him.

 

Jongsuk saw the sincerity in the other's eyes, but couldn't reply. His heart was beating fast and heavy in his chest. Fear, that's what he felt. He wasn't even sure what he feared. Did Jongsuk fear Woobin or did he fear himself? But then there was still the other feeling that kept trying to come to the surface...love. No matter what he happened, the feeling was still there.

He was insane. The other was probably just some sort of picture his brain created to overcome the loneliness he had felt before, but he still had feelings for him. And he couldn't suppress them. Jongsuk's mind went blank. Forgetting about this whole thing just for a second, he remembered the good times he had with the other. And just for that second. He wanted nothing more than feeling Woobin's warm embrace and forget about everything. But he couldn't. No, he didn't want to. No matter what Woobin was, this wasn't right. The fear he felt was the only real thing, the only feeling he should feel at the moment. He had to stop all other feelings. He had to erase all memories. So, he forced himself to be quiet and averted his gaze, as he started to pick up the shattered pieces.

 

 

And though no word was spoken, it seemed like Woobin understood exactly what Jongsuk felt. He tried to smile, but he probably looked miserable.

 

“I'm not going to bother you anymore...I swear I never meant harm...I just...You are not inase!” Woobin swallowed and paused for a second, but then he continued. “I'm sorry for everything. Though I know you want me to leave, I can't. And I can't explain it, so I'm sorry even more. I will stay near you but as long as you don't do anything stupid I won't come inside the house nor will I be too close to you....I'm sorry, Jongsuk. Just be assured that this will be over soon.”

 

 

With these words, Woobin left and Jongsuk couldn't hold back his tears anymore as he broke down. He just covered his ears and screamed. He didn't want to hear anything, he didn't want to feel anything. But just a few words of the other and his composure crumbled.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And just like that days passed. Jongsuk skipped work for a few days. He barely ate anything though he tried to force himself to. He wasn't ready to continue his life just like that. But he had no choice but to continue. So after a while, he left the house. His body was slightly trembling. Jongsuk thought that maybe...just maybe his mind had calmed down and he wasn't imagining things anymore, but as soon as he went out, he saw Woobin again. His hope was gone.

At least Woobin kept his promise. He never showed up inside the house and even when Jongsuk started to leave the house again he never said a word. He just quietly followed him as he was supposed to do. Even though it was the most difficult thing he ever did.

 

 

There were a few incidents and Woobin slowly got anxious. One day, Jongsuk was walking down a street as suddenly a flower pot fell down from a balcony, right above him. Woobin hurriedly hugged the other and turned his body so Jongsuk was moved out of the way and wouldn't get hit. The flower pot fell right through the gatherer, just a few inches away from Jongsuk, shattering on the ground. Jongsuk's eyes widened in shock. His eyes laid of Woobin's. The other let go of him immediately, muttered a soft “sorry”.

A woman from above screamed hysterically and ran out to see if Jongsuk was okay. He was still shocked and could hardly say anything, but he managed to say he is alright and forced himself to go on. But the worst was that he couldn't even thank the other. It was the second time Woobin had saved him...

 

 

Another incident happened when an overly “friendly” customer tried to make a move on Jongsuk, even when he told the stranger he was not interested. However, the customer waited outside the restaurant and kind of attacked the boy, grabbing his wrists, saying stuff like “I know you want it to; don't be shy.”

Jongsuk was trying to fight against the other but he was weak. After a few days without food, as well as his mental unsteadiness Jongsuk had no strength left. The stranger grabbed his waist, pressing their bodies against each other.

But there was Woobin, grabbing a piece of wood nearby and hitting the stranger on the back and forcinf him to fall down to the ground. He couldn't remember ever being so full of hate, full of disgust. He wanted to push him down with his full strength, he even wanted to choke the man, but again, he couldn't. Other people didn't feel Woobin's touch. The gatherer could only move things, so he had no choice but to choose that way. Woobin screamed at the man, telling him what a low life he was and that he didn't deserve to walk around freely. Just then he noticed that the other couldn't even hear him, but that the man could see a flying piece of wood. He bit his lower lip. Another sin.

Jongsuk stood there slightly shaking as the man ran for his life as he screamed “Demon! He's a demon!”

Woobin hesitantly turned to the shaking boy. He was worried so much about the other that he couldn't suppress to ask “A-are you okay?”

And for the first time Jongsuk was looking Woobin in the eyes again. “Thank you.”

 

 

 

 

Jongsuk chose to ignore him again though. At this point, he was sure that Woobin wasn't just a hallucination. In the past days he had visited a few doctors, but all of them told him he was fine. Then he visited some people and tried to live a normal life, but he could still see the other. And as Woobin fought that man the other day, he also clearly saw that the man saw something as well.

Woobin had to be real...in some way.

 

 

 

 

 

There were a lot of clouds that day. Jongsuk just finished work and was on his way home. He had though about a lot of things. How long had it actually been since he met Woobin? Almost two months hasn't it? Nothing special had happened back then, Woobin just appeared in his life. And he had to admit that he enjoyed the time they shared.

 

Jongsuk hadn't been that happy in a long time. He even got to know how love feels like. Was it worth less because the other wasn't human? He didn't know. He just knew that he past weeks were horrible.

 

 

Woobin quietly walked behind the other, just like any other day. He thought that if he wasn't as close to the other as before, his feelings would calm down again, like they did before, but somehow they didn't. He still felt the love and the pain the whole situation had brought. There were just three days left. Woobin didn't know how he should feel about it.

He was sad, but more than anything he was looking forward to it. Because it meant Jongsuk was save and that was the only thing he really cared about right now.

 

 

 

Jongsuk was not even close to his house as rain started to pour down heavily. He halted his steps and stared into nothingness. What was he even doing? No matter how hard he tried his feelings wouldn't disappear. He was still scared and his mind was still a mess, but how was this going to go on? Should he live his life while Woobin just followed him around? Bull. This was absurd. He didn't want that either. If he was completely honest with himself, he just missed the other. He missed him more than it scared him. His feelings had settled for that. He tried to deny it, but that's how he felt. He swallowed as these thoughts sunk in. He knew it all along but really thinking about it now was overwhelming. Tears started to run down his cheeks.

 

Woobin paused as well, looking at the other. He expected Jongsuk to go on, but to his surprise the other slowly turned around and looked at him. Woobin was shocked, especially when he saw the other's red eyes.

 

“Why?”

 

Woobin swallowed. Jongsuk talked to him.

 

“Why me?” Jongsuk asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

 

“I...” Woobin started, but he didn't know what to say. He couldn't tell him the truth. And even if he could, he wouldn't. It would just scare the boy even more.

 

Jongsuk waited for an answer, but as he got non, he continued. “I don't care what you are, but I really trusted you a lot...I trusted you!”

 

His voice got louder as his emotions took over him. “How could you....what am I saying, it's not like you suddenly betrayed me, you just were different to begin with...ha ha...”

 

Jongsuk chuckled, but the sobs overpowered the chuckle. Woobin bit his lip. It pained him to see the other like that.

 

“Just...just tell me one thing.” Jongsuk rubbed his eyes in an attempt to stop the tears, but he failed. Woobin slowly nodded his head.

 

“Did you ever feel anything for me?...Did you not just play with me but...did you...” Jongsuk could barely speak. His voice was shaky. “Did you love me?”

 

 

“I loved you. I still do.” Woobin said without hesitation. It probably was wrong to say this. It was wrong to step back into the other's life, even just for a second. But he couldn't lie about this. He couldn't. “I didn't plan to, but I sincerely fell in love with you. I love you, Jongsuk.”

 

 

Jongsuk sobbed. He didn't care about anything anymore. He ran towards the other, cupped the other's face and pressed their lips together.

 

 


 

 

Finally the long awaited chapter is here!!!! I tried my best with this one! I thought about it for quiet a long way, how it would be the best way to express their feelings so I really hope you can understand it well. It has been a while since I wrote so I hope it's not that bad...

 

 

Actually today is my 2nd anniversary on AFF so I'm kind of happy I can update today.

 

 

I wanna sincerely thank everyone for waited and loving this story and sending me all those lovely comments.

 

I love you all <3