"I didn't know why but..."

Between Heaven and Earth

 

Another week passed. Jongsuk got used to the other being around even more and enjoyed teasing him lately. He was just too cute when he pouted. Since the day they went to his secret place Woobin had opened up to him and he like it a lot. They slowly began to get to know each other better and even the gatherer could enjoy himself. The morning had just begun. Woobin finished taking a shower and after he toweled himself, he wrapped the towel around his waist and went into the kitchen to make breakfast. He felt a little sorry for the boy. Jongsuk worked every second evening to earn enough money for himself and his housemate, while Woobin couldn’t really do anything. So he decided to cook for him every morning. However, it wasn’t an easy task. He couldn’t even taste the food and that way he couldn’t figure out whether it was tasty or not. But the gatherer tried to remember how the humans he took care of had cooked and seasoned the food and did his best to copy that. Jongsuk had never complained and even said it was tasty, so Woobin assumed it was eatable. The door of the boy’s bedroom slowly opened and Jongsuk came out. He froze as he saw Woobin cooking half and gulped. Though he didn’t want to admit it, he felt slightly attracted to the man. He made him feel comfortable, was nice, caring and honestly very handsome. But he figured that he only felt this way because he was lonely before he appeared. Anyway, he blushed due to this view and looked the other way.

“Good morning…shouldn’t you put on some clothes before cooking?”

“Why? We are both men anyway.” He continued concentrating on the food.

“Right…” Jongsuk mumbled and ran his fingers through his hair. He sat down at the table and tired not to stare at this hot man in his kitchen. Well, he failed. It was the first time he actually saw his body. The dark-haired man had well-defined muscles and flawless skin, not to mention that was still a little wet which made him even more irresistible. When he noticed what he was thinking he instantly shook his head, closed his eyes and ruffled his hair. Aish, what are you even thinking about? You like girls, only girls! Don’t get confused bastard, he told himself.

“Something wrong?” Woobin suddenly asked and put down the plate on the table, standing right next to the tense boy.

He glanced at him and blushed even more, immediatley avoiding his gaze. “No, I’m just still half asleep…and I wanted to…ehm…keep myself awake…”

Woobin chuckled in a deep voice, leaning down so that his lips almost touched the boy’s ear.

“Did you have a wet dream, Jongsukie? Your face is still red…” he breathed. Actually Woobin had fun teasing the boy, too.

Jongsuk pushed him away, trying to hide his blushed face. “Shut up, Saekki-yah!”

The gatherer laughed and went into his room to put some clothes on. He finally felt good after a long, long time. Lately, he got a new opinion on the current situation, too. Now, he didn’t think of it as a torture anymore, but as a second chance to enjoy life, though it was just temporary. He enjoyed joking around with the other, he enjoyed just being with him.

Jongsuk sat there, still blushed and felt embarrassed again. He wasn’t used to the others teasing, but he preferred being teased to Woobin noticing that he stared at him. The boy sighed and began to eat, but after a few minutes the phone rang. Jongsuk stood up and took the call.

“Yeoboseyo?”

Suk-ah~ , it’s me Soohyun. I’m back in Korea. I know, I know, earlier than expected right? But I missed you! Let’s meet up!

“Oh, Soohyun-ah! Mh, let’s meet at…2 pm at the usual place. I missed you, too.”

Alright, see you later then~”

He hung up. Jongsuk was incredibly happy. After months he was able to see his best friend again. He felt like running over to the place immediately, but he had to wait.

“Important call?” Woobin, who just came in, asked.

Jongsuk turned around and looked at the man. He had forgotten about him completely for a second. Somehow, he felt bad.

“Mh…my best friend is back and I will meet up with him.”

“Ah, I see.”

The atmosphere was suddenly awkward. Jongsuk decided to quickly finish his meal and take a shower afterwards. So he did. Woobin quietly did the dishes and thought about a way to follow the boy inconspicuously later. It wouldn’t be too difficult since Jongsuk was the only one being able to see him anyway. Somehow, he didn’t want to follow him today though. He didn’t know why. Meanwhile, Jongsuk put on some slack clothes and primped his hair. It took him quite some time and he had to leave in an instant to not be late. He went out of the bathroom and glanced at the other for a second before grabbing his jacket and putting it on.

“I’m going. I’ll see you later…”

“Mh.”

The boy bit his lip and wondered if Woobin was angry, but he didn’t have time to ask and hurried to leave. The gatherer sighed and followed him. He couldn’t hide well, but Jongsuk didn’t even think about turning around, so there was no problem for now. They soon arrived at a small café. A tall, black-haired man stood there, brightly smiling and waving. Jongsuk suddenly started to run and as soon as he was close enough he flung his arms around the man’s neck. The man held him tight and gently ran his fingers through his hair.

“Did you really miss me that much?” Soohyun asked giggling.

“Of course! Didn’t you miss me equally?” the boy pouted.

“Of course I did, babo-yah~ You became more handsome once again.”

Jongsuk slightly blushed and let go of his friend to be able to look at him properly. He scratched the back of his head and smiled shyly. “But you, too…wish, however! Let’s go inside.”

Soohyun grinned and rest his hand on his friend’s hips intimately. Woobin quietly observed the situation and his mood darkened, though he didn’t know why. He followed them, but waited outside. He was still close enough to be able to listen to their conversation. The gatherer leaned against the glass pane and decided not to look at them.

“So, anything special happened when I was abroad?” Soohyun asked.

“Mh…not really. I made friends with someone, but else…”

“A girl?”

“No.”

“Boring.” He smiled.

Jongsuk pouted and narrowed his eyes. “You are just jealous, because I get along with another guy.”

The man hissed and grinned. “You are still mine though.”

Now Woobin slightly turned his head and looked at them out of the corner of his eyes. He had wondered if Jongsuk was straight or gay, but he never really thought about it anymore – not that it mattered, but it seemed like he was actually gay and his “friend” was actually his boyfriend. He must’ve been too worried to tell me, the gatherer assumed. He was totally in a bad mood and it annoyed him even more that he didn’t know why. Soohyun suddenly caressed Jongsuk’s cheek and smiled calmly.

“I really missed you a lot”, the man admitted.

Jongsuk just grinned at shove off his friend’s hand. “Yah, don’t get too emotional. We can see each other more often from now on.”

“Right, right~ be prepared, Suk-ah.” Soohyun slightly smirked. His friend looked at him a little confused and just giggled. Jongsuk and Soohyun were friends for more than seven years now. They always considered the other as second family. They were really close and neither of them would want to lose the other. Furthermore, they’d even risk their own life for the other. That was how they lived up to now. Woobin still observed the situation and his mood couldn’t be worse. He glanced at Soohyun. That guy was the exact opposite of himself. Though they were both tall and dark-haired, the man was really bright and had this angelic smile on his face. He was really gentle and did not hesitate to express himself. Woobin on the other hand wasn’t smiling that much and even if he was, he was sure that he couldn’t look as good as this guy. Since he couldn’t see himself he wasn’t sure. However he knew that he wasn’t expressing himself openly nor was he as gentle as the other. Not as talkative as the man either. Jongsuk must’ve enjoyed himself way better with him than with the gatherer, he thought. Without really noticing it he clenched his fists slightly and stared into space, waiting for this day to end.

The sun had already set as they were about to leave. Woobin hid and followed them afterwards. He had to go inside the house first, but that wouldn’t be too difficult. Jongsuk only had eyes for his friend anyway, who wanted to walk him home. So Woobin hurried inside and watched for them out of the window. They soon appeared and stopped in front of the house.

“You really didn’t need to walk me home. You know, I’m a grown up man” Jongsuk whispered and winked.

“I can see that.” Soohyun replied, grabbed the boy’s wrist, pulled him to tenderly embrace him afterwards. Jongsuk was a little surprised by the sudden movement but just giggled and hugged his friend back. The gatherer gulped.

“Alright, alright, enough skinship for today” Soohyun grinned and winked, already started to leave. “I will call you the next days after I visited my parents and such. Good night.”

“Okay, good night, thanks for today!” Jongsuk shouted so his friend would hear him and waved. He went inside the house, took off his shoes and jacket and went straight to search Woobin.

“Woobin-ah, I’m back.”

He didn’t reply. Woobin had sat down on the sofa and had the TV to make it seem like he was watching TV the whole evening. The boy entered the living room quietly and glanced at him. Is he still in a bad mood? Did something happen? Jongsuk wondered, but he wasn’t sure if it was okay to ask, but he was worried.

“Did you have a nice day with your boyfriend?” Woobin suddenly asked. He sounded pissed.

“Huh?”

“I asked if you had a nice day with your boyfriend.”

“What the-? He’s just a friend. I’m not even gay. What gives you that idea?” Jongsuk was seriously surprised and even felt a little offended.

“Come on, you don’t have to pretend you aren’t dating him. I saw you when I was in the kitchen. This wasn’t a hug you would give a normal friend. I don’t mind you being gay, so-“

The boy cut him off. “Yah, don’t assume things on your own. I’m not dating him and we are friends for more than seven years, of course it looks different from someone I’d barely know.”

“Hm. Even if you don’t like him, that guy definitely likes you. Trust me. He hits on you.”

“Nonsense. Don’t talk about him if you don’t even know him!” he got angry. Woobin didn’t know what to think. Why would he be that mad if it wasn’t true? It made no sense. However, he felt slightly better after hearing his words. But again, he didn’t know why and that made him angrier again.

“I don’t know why you are in a bad mood, but just because you are pissed you don’t have to take it out on me.” Jongsuk turned around to leave the room.

“Why did I even think about you?” he mumbled angrily, quietly, but Woobin heard him and stood up. Before the boy could leave he grabbed his wrist and turned him around to look into his eyes.

“What did you just say?”

“Nothing.”

“What did you just say?” the gatherer asked once again.

The boy hesitated, but in the end replied, avoiding his gaze. “I felt a little bad for leaving you behind just like that. Though I just met a friend and I don’t have to ask you for permission for that, I still felt bad. But if you just talk bull and are mad anyway, I really didn’t have to care.”

Woobin calmed down a little immediately. He looked into the boy’s unsteady eyes and felt bad. He didn’t want to be mad in the first place, but he couldn’t control this feelings. He didn’t want to offend the younger one. Slowly letting go of his wrist, Woobin took a step closer and embraced Jongsuk, who’s eyes widened. He didn’t expect that, but didn’t shove off the taller one. Instead he lightly hugged him back. Honestly, he was still worried.

“Did something happen…?” Jongsuk hesitantly mumbled quietly.

Woobin muttered. “I don’t know…I was just suddenly in a bad mood…I’m sorry”

“It’s okay…”

No, it wasn’t. The gatherer didn’t want to lose control over his emotions and actions. It wasn’t like him. However, he really got mad seeing Jongsuk and his friend intimate together. He wouldn’t admit it to himself, but he actually knew that this was a feeling called jealousy. Humans tended to feel that way easily. But he wasn’t a human and he didn’t want to feel like that. Woobin slowly let go of the other and backed off, stopped as he was able to look into the boy’s eyes and was still close to him. They were still unsteady and full of worry. Jongsuk wasn’t used to an outburst of emotions from his housemate, nor did he ever attempt to get physically close. He assumed that something bad must’ve happened.

“You don’t have to…but if something bothers you, you can always talk to me…” the younger one almost whispered, didn’t want to make the other feel under pressure.

Woobin bit his lip lightly and carefully caressed Jongsuk’s cheek with his thumb. “Thank you.”

The boy’s cheeks reddened slightly and he looked deep into the other’s eyes. The gatherer felt how the others heart began to beat faster under his touch and he enjoyed this feeling. It was like their bodies were connected, sharing the same thoughts and feelings. It felt intimate. He didn’t know why, but Woobin leaned in, closed his eyes and gently pushed his lips against the other’s.

 


i really hope you enjoy this story :) i put a lot effort into it~ thanks for all the nice comments up to now, waiting for more to come ^_^ makes me happy all the time hehe. thanks fro reading and subscribing!