Chapter Eight: Late Night Chat

Brothers: Blood is Thicker

 

I opened my eyes to the sounds of people screaming bloody murder. I was in the middle of Downtown, right in front of the statue of Celeste. Everything around me was ablaze and people everywhere were running from drones and Dark Celestrians. I glanced at the floor and gasped when I spotted my father's body limp and full of blood. Not far from him were the bodies of Electra and Reimy, who were just as bloody. Tears filled my eyes as I scanned for everyone else, but they were no where to be found. I tried to head back to the house, but then I spotted TOP fighting the soldier in gold armor that was in my other dream. I started to run towards them but not before the soldier sliced his sword across TOP's chest, causing him to grunt in pain before he fell dead. The soldier took out a cloth to wipe the blood off his sword before he looked up at me. Fear traveled through my whole body.

"Melanie," I turned around to face Jiyoung, who was opposite of the soldier. "Get out," he warned. He flicked his hand so a flame created at the palm. The soldier extended his sword and aimed it at Jiyoung. They both broke out in a sprint towards each other, towards me. I was frozen in my place and only watched in horror as they both ignored my existence and attacked. The last thing I saw was a flame coming straight towards me.

 

I woke up with a jolt, my breath unsteady.

"It was just a dream," I told myself. But why did it feel so real? I glanced across the room to see Giana's empty bed and then our window wide open. I guess she snuck out to meet with Taeyang again, I thought, trying to erase the image I witnessed earlier. I pulled back the sheets and slipped on my slippers before I materialized through the floor, which was directly above the kitchen. I landed on the floor with a small thud before I got up and dusted myself off.

"Can't sleep?" I screamed and jumped up before I turned around to see Jiyoung sitting on a stool with a bowl of cereal in his hand. His mouth chewed his food as he watched me in amusement. He was wearing basketball shorts and a black wife beater.

"You scared the out of me!" I yelled, which only made him chuckle as he put down his bowl on the table. I glanced at the clock. "It's three in the morning why are you up?" I demanded.

"Why are you?" he asked, wiping his chin with his sleeve.

"I asked first."

"Well how about you sit down and I'll tell you," he said, smiling at me. I rolled my eyes and pulled out a chair to sit on.

"Well?" I said. He laughed again.

"Why are you so hostile? Is it because I'm so good looking?"

"As if!"

"That's why you keep stealing glances of me whenever you can right?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"I caught you looking at me when we were at downtown," He told me. I let out an annoyed sigh.

"It wasn't like that at all! I was just..." I broke off the sentence. How could I tell him I was feeling sorry for his situation?

"Just what?" He asked, leaning closer.

"I was just wondering how you and your family lived out there for so long," I finally revealed. His smile disappeared as he straightened up his posture, finally shrugging his shoulders.

"It wasn't hard. We never stayed in one place for too long and we tried to never draw attention to ourselves. That whole situation that morning with the plane was the most craziest thing I've seen since I could remember," He confessed.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled, looking down with regret of bringing the topic up at all. I felt his hand cup my chin as he lifted it up so he could look at me.

"Don't be," He whispered, releasing his tiny grip. "We're here now, right? Everything's good." I nodded, but I knew it wasn't. His parents were still out there but I decided to change the subject.

"You still didn't tell me why you're up so late," I pointed out.

"I was hungry," He simply said, taking his empty bowl to the sink. "You?"

"Nightmare."

"Want to talk about it?" he asked.

"Not really," I said, not wanting to explain the horrid dream of fire and blood. The elevator rang and when it opened, Taeyang walked out in a white T-shirt and pajama bottoms. He was rubbing his eyes as he walked towards the kitchen, but when he finally looked up and saw me he froze in his spot.

"Oh! Uh, hi Melanie," He said sheepishly, avoiding my eyes. He quickly sat down on the seat next to me, looking down at the table.

"What's up little brother?" Jiyoung greeted, handing him a bowl so he could make himself some cereal. When he turned around Taeyang finally looked up.

"I am so sorry for what happened earlier. She asked me and I didn't know how to tell her no-"

"No it's fine! It's my fault I should've knocked," I assured him in a whisper.

"What are two talking about?" Jiyoung asked, eyeing us as he sat down. Taeyang looked up.

"Who you trying to be? Seungri? Mind your business!" He yelled. Jiyoung's smile turned into an evil smirk.

"Tell me," He said. His smirk was still on, but his voice had a bit of threat in it. Taeyang sighed, I guess he realized he had to come out with it sometime.

"Melanie walked in on Giana and me-"

"Oh!" Jiyoung shouted.

"We didn't have , I wouldn't have gone that far!" Taeyang quickly defended. I made a mental note to tell this to Giana if she tried yell at me again.

"So?" Jiyoung said, holding back his laughs. "Wow, little brother, I didn't think she was your type," He said in between his attempts to hold back the laughs. Taeyang glared at him.

"What the is that supposed to mean?!?" He demanded. Jiyoung threw up his hands, still laughing.

"Nothing, nothing at all." We all turned at the sound of a door opening before Reimy walked in with his date Ambrose. He smiled and waved at us.

"Hey guys, I didn't expect you all to be up this late," He said looking at his watch. He grabbed Ambrose's hand and led him to the kitchen. Ambrose smiled and waved at me, since I was the only familiar face in the room. I smiled back at the boy dressed in a gray button up and a pair of black jeans. His wavy brown hair was styled up and his green eyes seemed to be brighter than ever. "Ambrose these are the guys I was telling you about," Reimy said, motioning towards Jiyoung and Taeyang. "There's another one, but it looks like he's the only one with enough sense to be asleep," Reimy teased.

"Look who's talking," Taeyang muttered. He didn't seem to acknowledge Ambrose's presence and when I glanced at Jiyoung he shrugged his shoulders in a "I have no idea why he's acting like that" fashion. Reimy ignored the Taeyang's comment and turned to me.

"I'm taking him upstairs to see Oinkers before he leaves," He said. I nodded my head and watched him leave with Ambrose into the elevator. After a couple of moments of silence, Jiyoung stood up.

"Well, my belly's satisfied now. I'm going to bed," He declared. I got up too.

"Yeah, I should hit the sack as well," I looked back at Taeyang. "You coming?" He shook his head.

"I'm going to stay here for awhile to make sure that guy leaves," He said, taking another spoonful of cereal in his mouth.

"Ok..." I said, walking with Jiyoung towards the elevator. Once we were in I turned to him. "Was that weird or what?" I asked. Jiyoung just smiled.

"It actually makes perfect sense to me."