Chapter Five: The High Council

Brothers: Blood is Thicker

 

"Guys, seriously. We shouldn't do this!" We really shouldn't. When I was fifteen Giana and I tried to sneak into a secret meeting and somehow TOP caught us. We had to scrub everything single spec of dirt in the bathroom for two months, and most of the time it was after Reimy gave Oinkers a bath. Jiyoung and Seungri looked at each other, as if they were making fun of me. I could feel the anger rushing red into my cheeks, so I pulled my arms free and and crossed them over my chest. Jiyoung laughed and scooted closer to me until his face was only a couple of inches away from mine. The red that spread across my face wasn't anger anymore.

"Look," He said, leaning against the wall. "We won't get caught and if we do you can say we forced you to do go along."

"TOP would kill me if he knew I let someone force me to do something, so no."

"What about if we defended you?" Seungri asked. I looked at him, giving him permission to continue. "It's obvious how much you're afraid of TOP-"

"I'm not afraid-"

"So if his newly discovered nephews just explained to him that all we wanted to do was get to know our new home some more, then he couldn't possibly be upset!" Seungri said, obviously proud of himself. I sighed and looked at him, then at Jiyoung. They both had that same expression that said I wasn't getting out of this. With a huff of frustration I extended my arms to them. They cheered and high-fived each other, earning them a roll of my eyes. When they finally grabbed my hands I walked them over to a spot in the hall that was directly over a supply closet in TOP's office. Focusing on the mental trigger in my head, I made all of us go through the floor and land in the closet with a small thud, not loud enough to alarm TOP.

"Good job," Jiyoung whispered. He gave my shoulder a light squeeze and walked to the door, motioning for Seungri and I to join him. "I can hear them pretty good, I don't think we need you anymore little brother."

"Oh well, it's not like I can go anywhere soon so," He lowered himself down to the floor and peeked through the crack in the door. "What's with the robes?" He asked. I was going to ask how he can see so clearly but then I remembered his power. I lowered down next to him.

"They like to wear these extravagant robes to make themselves feel important," I told him, thinking about the ridiculous clothing the High Council wore. We all put our ears against the door to here what seemed to be another argument between TOP and Larry, leader of the High Council.

"The point is you left the city limits without our consent, TOP!" Larry yelled.

"Since when do I need your permission to rescue my family?!?" TOP yelled back. There was a gasp in the room.

"You found Minrae and your brother?!?" A female voice asked. When Jiyoung looked at me for an explanation, I told them the voice belonged to Miriam, the only female and human in the High Council. There was twelve in total but only Larry and Miriam showed up according to Seungri.

"That's a good thing," I whispered. "Miriam is probably the only one who slightly supports TOP, she'll calm Larry down from doing anything irrational."

"I found my nephews, they're children." TOP continued.

"You let them in?!?" Larry demanded.

"They were being chased by drones and a Dark Celestrian!" Electra interrupted.

"I don't care if Alexander himself set out to kill them, you need the High Council's approval to have anyone live within our city! How do we know they are who they say they are?" Larry accused.

"Because they tried to give us fake names before," TOP told him. It sounded as if Larry was going to say something, but Miriam interrupted.

"Just let them be, Larry," She said coolly. "If it wasn't for the High Council's poor actions Minrae and Woojong would still be here and we wouldn't be in this situation. The least we can do is give hospitality to their children until they are rescued themselves."

"Oh !" Seungri yelled in a whisper. "That blonde guy knows we're here!"

"Daesung?" I asked, to which he nodded in response.

"He told me he's known all along in a whisper, so that only I can hear." We all looked at the door before I grabbed them and materialized through the wall into the hallway. We tried to run for the elevator but the door to TOP's office opened as he escorted them out. They all stopped when they noticed us. The sight of the six foot tall old man that is Larry made me want to punch something, he had a particular problem with people like me that are born Half-Celestrian. Miriam, however, smiled at me and the Bin Brothers as her wisdom over the years showed in the small wrinkles in her face and streaks of gray in her otherwise dark brown hair. TOP sighed at the sight of us, while Daesung and Electra fought the smile trying to break free. Larry scoffed and brushed passed us, not bothering to give us another look as he entered the elevator. Miriam apologized for his actions then walked off, leaving us alone with TOP. Seungri turned to Daesung.

"How'd you know we where there?" he asked.

"Do you really want to know?" I tried to shake my head no but Seungri nodded and allowed Daesung to go into his scientific explanation on why he knew we were in the closet. I tuned out as soon as he started and I could tell by his wondering eyes that Jiyoung gave up halfway. Seungri tried really hard to pay attention, but eventually he started to lose interest as well. Daesung laughed once he finished his explanation, he knew that we didn't understand one word that came out of his mouth.

"You guys really shouldn't eavesdrop with these meetings," TOP started. I prepared myself for the punishment of a lifetime. As much as it'll , I'd still do whatever he wants as long as he doesn't bench me from the team.

"Sorry, Bingu TOP, we just wanted to see why the High Council was such a big deal," Jiyoung explained.

"Well," TOP mumbled. Here it comes. "Next time all you guys got to do is tell me and you can join the meeting." Bam! Wait, what?

"Really?"

"Really?!?" Seungri and I asked at the same time. He was excited but I was pissed. TOP nodded his head.

"You have every right to be involved," he explained. "I have to go back to work now so I'll see you guys in the morning." He waved goodbye and walked away. What the actual ?!? I scrubbed after a pig for a MONTH and they get a personal invitation to his meetings???

"Hey everyone," Helen greeted, coming out of her office and walking over to Daesung to give him a small kiss on the lips. "I'm tired," she said, pouting her lips. Daesung smiled and kissed her cheek.

"We'll see you guys tomorrow for breakfast. Charlie's pancakes are to die for." With that Daesung and Helen left hand in hand to their room.

"They make me vomit," Electra mumbled. We all waited for the elevator to return, none of us really wanting to be in a small elevator with the married couple. Once it came back down we all piled in. Electra yawned and started rubbing her right shoulder.

"Long day?" Seungri asked.

"You should know, it involved you," she answered. I noticed that Jiyoung would steal glances at me every once in awhile. I rolled my eyes. He was by far one of the most obnoxious guys I've ever met, and I've met a good handful with this career. I mean, how has he only been here for less than twenty four hours and already has a spot on the team and access to the meetings with the High Council. Well...Seungri and Taeyang also have those privileges, but they weren't as annoying as their older brother. The elevator doors opened and Electra stripped out of her shirt, revealing the army green tank top underneath. Jealousy swept over me as I admired the girl's perfectly toned muscles, while Seungri admired other parts of her body that were just as perfect.

"I'll see you guys later, I have to do laundry," she said, scrunching up her face as she sniffed her shirt. She walked off to the her room just as Reimy appeared in some sweats and a blue v-neck.

"Hey guys," Reimy greeted. "I'm going to watch a movie in the living room if you guys are interested, there'll be popcorn."

"I'm in!" Seungri piped. I smiled, a movie and popcorn sounded great.

"I'll go too," Jiyoung added. Quickly my smile faded. Maybe I didn't want to see a movie. "But where's Taeyang?" Jiyoung asked. We all saw the confusion on Reimy's face as he shrugged his shoulders.

"After we gave Oinkers a bath Giana said she was hungry so they went down to the kitchen and after that I don't know." Oinkers appeared and started circling around Reimy until he picked the pig up. We all headed to the living room and  plopped down on the sofa as we got ready to watch whatever movie Reimy had in mind.