Prison Break

Brothers: Blood is Thicker

No one said a thing as TOP lead us to the building of the High Council. Bullets could be heard firing all around us, making me wonder which side they belonged to.

"I can't tell which side is winning," Seungri shouted, mimicking my thoughts. We finally reached the building when TOP turned to face Seungri.

"Alexander found Celeste," He answered. "He already won the battle, but that only means we save as much people as we can to win the war." We all nodded our heads. We ran right inside, since the doors to the building were already busted in. We all glanced up to the ceiling, hearing the screams on the upper floors. "Daesung and Helen, stay here and make sure no one leaves," Top ordered. "Melanie, get us up there." I reached out my hands and let everyone grab a hold of me. With as much focus as I had the night Anastaysia attacked, I made our bodies weightless and floated through the floors until we reached the very top. The room was full of chaos. The city guards were trying, and failing, to hold back Alexander's human soldiers and drones. There were bodies from both sides all on the floor, including some member of the High Council. The surviving ones were huddled up together in a corner as the guard tried their best to protect them. What made Alexander's forces so powerful were the drone wolves, who's new upgraded armor deflected bullets.

"Protect the Council!" TOP ordered. We all springed into action. Reimy went straight for one of the drone wolves, his super kick breaking it into pieces. 

"Guess their armor ain't all that," He muttered, turning around just in time to dodge a knife from a soldier. Since we couldn't do much damage to the drones, I grabbed Seungri and materialized us through them until we stood right in between them and the High Council. Then we pulled out our guns and started shooting down the human soldiers. TOP transformed into his water phase, his current strong enough to wipe off most of the drones out of a window. The remaining drones were either burned or were blasted away by GD's flames and Tayeang's light blasts. When the threat was neautralized, I scanned the room. There were only three members of the Council still alive. In the corner, a bloody Mirium struggled to sit up. I ran to her and was soon joined by TOP and GD.

"Where are you injured?" I asked, prepared to take her down to Helen if I needed to. She waived away my question.

"It's too late for me," she said, eyes getting wider. "But you must save Electra!" Seungri's eyes snapped toward out direction.

"Why?" He demanded. Mirium was struggling to breathe.

"As soon as Alexander invaded Celeste, Larry betrayed us and surrendered the city, in return him and his family would be free from Alexander's wrath," she revealed.

"And?" GD asked.

"Alexander broke his word and killed Larry's wife." She said, her eyes shutting. "He almost killed Brett too, but the boy flew away."

"Why is Electra in danger?" TOP asked.

"I didn't hear the reason why, but Electra and one other person are the ones Alexander wants to see dead the most. Larry figured it out and before Alexander killed him, he offered to kill Electra himself. He was heading to the prison when Alexander released the drones on us." Mirium grunted in pain. "I'm sorry," she whispered, taking her final breathe before her eyes shut forever. TOP sprang into action.

"Melanie, GD, and Seungri you're coming with me to save Electra!" He turned to Taeyang and Reimy. "Reimy you're in charge, grab Daesung and Helen and take the survivors to the tunnels, stay there and protect it for as long as you can." Reimy nodded his head, leaving with Taeyang down the stairs with the survivors. The others grabbed onto me and we ran full speed until we leaped out the window, materializing through the ground before I brought us back up. We continued to run full sprint until we were finally in downtown. I gasped as I took in the scene in front of me. Mike's restaurant, the one me and GD had our first date, was completely in flames...Mike's body not too far from it.

"Melanie?"GD asked, noticing I stopped running. I remembered weeks ago I was complaining about there being so much death with just my dad, Giana, and Eugene, but now Mirium, Ambrose, Mike, and countless others have died and it looked like it was just starting. I felt GD's hands cup my face. "Baby, we need to go help Electra." My mind snapped out of it at the sound of Electra's name. Had it been the other way around, she'd already by at the prison trying to save me. We caught up with the others as we walked into the prison, no guard in sight. There was commotion in the cells and we turned the corner, Larry shot an electric bolt at Electra, who deflected it with her own electric energy.

"He can cpoy other people's powers," Seungri noted. Larry turned at the sound, rage filling his eyes.

"Stay out of this!" He yelled. "It's her Alexander wants! She's the reason for all of this!"

"She's not the reason you betrayed the city just to protect yourself!" TOP yelled. He rushed Larry in his metal form, but Larry copied him and they both got locked in each others arms. Seungri and GD rushed to help TOP while I materialized through the cell, grabbed Electra's hand, and materialzed her back. Just as we did, GD and TOP threw Larry towards us, causing me to grab Electra so he could materialze through us. He fumbled towards the window, and just as he fell was caught by Electra.

"Don't let go!" She cried, trying her hardest to pull him back up. Instead of being thankful, Larry yanked her forward.

"If I die, I'm taking you with me!" He yelled.

"Stop, you're slipping!" She told him, moments before he slipped through her fingers. "," she mumbled, looking all the way down to see Larry's body twisted on the ground. "Does this mean I'm a Dark  Celestrian again?"

"You didn't kill him," TOP said. "The fall did."

"I figured," she mumbled. "What took you guys so long?"

"The High Council's dead," GD told her. Electra cursed under her breath.

"We should head for the tunnels then," she said. "There's nothing left in this city anymore."