Recordings and Rain

Becoming B2utiful [Hiatus]

Jae Mi lay awake in her bed that same night after Dujun left.

 

What just happened?

 

She rolled over to her side and felt her scar on her forehead.

 

Now that she thought about it, the guys were the only people she ever told about the accident.

 

And Dujun was the only one out of all of them to see her scar.

 

I hope they don't think I'm weird.....Wait I was weird to begin with anyway

 

She sighed.

 

What was with Dujun's reaction? It seemed that he knew more than he let on.

 

Then it hit her. 

 

Dujun's family was close to hers, and she was his friend long ago.

 

Before the accident.

 

Did he know about it?

 

If so, then why didn't he say anything?

 

She'd ask him tomorrow morning.

 

Jae Mi shut her eyes and slowly fell asleep.

 

 

She saw herself in a mirror.

Though, it wasn't her reflection, it was someone else that looked like her.

Instead of light brown hair and a blue streak she had jet black hair.

Her piercing brown eyes were familiar.

Her pale skin almost looked sickly.

She smiled eerily at Jae Mi.

"Who are you?" She asked.

The reflection laughed.

"You seem to be forgetting alot lately Jae, you used to call me Unni."

With that she dissappeared and the mirror shattered.

 

Jae Mi woke up with a headache. She could feel her scar pulsing. Groggily she got out of bed and made her way downstairs.

 

Thank goodness it was a Saturday and there was no school.

 

In the kitchen Was Mr. Yoon, reading the morning paper with a mug of coffee in his hand.

 

She smiled at the resemblance between him andher own father. "Good Morning," she said greeting him.

 

"Oh, good morning Jae Mi-ah, Did you sleep well?" He asked.

 

She hesitated slightly. "Hmmm....well...lately I've been having these dreams..." she replied trailing off.

 

Mr. Yoon put down his paper and looked at her, concern showing in his warm eyes. "What, kind of dreams dear?"

 

Jae Mi told him about the one she had just that night with the girl in the mirror.

 

He listened attentively until she as finished explaining and then took a long sip from his drink.

 

"I think that your subconsious is trying to tell you something, or remind you of something you might have forgotten." He said.

 

Jae Mi carefull considered this as she munched on her morning meal.

 

It definetly wasn't a coincidence that this dream came the same night that she told the guys she lost her memories.

 

But who was that girl? Why was she refferring to herself as her 'Unni'? Jae Mi knew she was an only child.

 

Her parents never had any other children besides her. So what was her connection to that girl?

 

"Why do you think she was refferring to herself as my 'Unni'?" She asked Mr. Yoon.

 

He shrugged slightly replying

 

"Unni isn't just used as a term for a girl's older sister, it could be any oler female that you are close with.

 

Perhaps a friend of even the elder sibling of someone you know?" He suggested.

 

Jae Mi nodded and finised up her breakfast. Setting aside her questions for another time.

 

"Well I'm going to do some shopping today, is there anything you would want me to pick up for you?" She offered.

 

"No, we're alright, thank you, but do you want to let Dujun go with you?

 

I'm sure he'd be willing to drive and help you carry some things." Mr. Yoon said.

 

Jae Mi shook her head. "I'll be fine, I should walk anyway, I need the excersize."

 

Jae Mi headed to the store.

 

By the time she had finished her errands it started to rain.

 

She quickly ducked into a small shop to take cover.

 

It turned out to be a music store. Records and CDs in boxes and shelves took up almost all the space.

 

One wall was filled with various guitars, acoustic and electric, basses, amps a drum set and a key board.

 

One of the guitars caught her eye.

 

The intricate carving on the wood looked like flowers.

 

She ran her fingers along the string, sending electric like sparks up her palm.

 

Jae Mi actually knew how to play th guitar, she was taught once in Spain.

 

However she couldn't hone her skills because her parent's never let her buy a guitar.

 

The thought that it was too much to lug around whenever they were travelling.

 

"Like what you see?" The shopkeeper asked smiling.

 

He was nice enough, proabably only a bit older than her.

 

He swept his black hair out of his eyes. "That's a really good choice. It's hand carved, so every design is unique."

 

He looked at her intently "Just like you are."

 

Jae Mi blushed at the sudden compliment.

 

"I'm Joon," he said introducing himself.

 

"Jae Mi," she replied tentatively.

 

"Yah Hyung! You're suppposed to be working, not flirting." Someone came out from the back room said.

 

That voice was familiar.

 

Jae Mi looked at Junhyung.

 

He seemed about as surprised as she was to see him.

 

"Why are you here?" He demanded.

 

"What, I can't look around?!" She snapped.

 

"Uhm, do you two....know each other?" Joon asked looking between the two's glares at one another.

 

"She's just a transfer to CUBE." Junhyung replied hautily.

 

A transfer? Is that all I am to you?!

 

"Oh really? I used to go to CUBE Academy, my little brother goes as well, do you know Lee Kikwang?"

 

Jae Mi felt her heart jump.

 

THIS was Kikwang's older brother?! Wow....apparently looks ran in the family.

 

"Oh yeah I do...we're friends." she replied.

 

Joon beamed at her "Well any friend of his, is a friend of mine."

 

"Hyung!' Junhyung snapped. "Can we get back to work now?"

 

Joon rolled his eyes. "Do you want to see a recording?" Joon asked Jae Mi

 

"Recording? Of who?" She asked.

 

"Junhyung," Joon stated "He's a pretty good rapper and musician he ever writess his own stuff."

 

That's probably why he's going to CUBE

 

Junhyung walked back into the other room without a word.

 

"I'm sure he doesn't mind." Joon said.

 

Alight." Jae Mi sighed agreeing.

 

In the recording booth Junhyung seemed like a completly different person.

 

Joon started the track, a slow but smooth rhythm

 

My heart is empty, only tears keep me accompany

Oh

The moment you turn away

I fall in love with your back

Falling love spaceship

Missing you for the whole day

Without you by my side, i can’t do anything else

I want to hold you back

Because if it’s not you, I can’t love another

Looking at you I remember your smiling face

Even if I miss you, but I still can’t see you

I took your presence and love for granted

That is why you are leaving me

Jae Mi looked at Junhyung with a new light.

He really was talented. She felt herself being drawn in.

He left the booth and Joon and he editied the recording until Junhyung thought it was good enough.

"Well I should be going now..." Jae Mi said slipping out the back room.

"Wae~" Joon whined "You're not going to buy the guitar?"

Jae Mi shook her head saly "I'm not that good at playing and I probably can't even afford it."

"What about a discount and it'll only be 5,00,000 won" 

[A/N 500000 won equals to about $450 U.S]

Jae Mi felt her eyes widen "T-That's a bit much for me sorry," she bowed slightly.

Joon sighed "That's alright Jae Mi-ah I knew it was a bit pricy for a student, oh well, come back again one time okay?"

"Neh," she nodded.

"Oh and keep an eye on my brother arrasso?" He smiled

Jae Mi nodded again.

Junhyung walked back out again from the recording studio.

"See you, Junhyung," Jae Mi said. Turning to walk out the door.

She walked out even though it was still raining quite a bit. Oh well let's hope I don't catch a cold.

Jae Mi took a shorcut through a park. She walked down the wooden steps that were placed on top of steep ground.

The soggy wood creaked under her weight. One of the boards snapped and she pitched forward.

Jae Mi felt someone grab her waist but inevitably the both tumbled down the steps.

Once the fall was over Jae Mi got up and looked at her attempted saviour.

"K-Kikwang?!" she sqeueaked.

Said boy gave her a pained smile. "Sorry about that, I couldn't help you."

"I-I'm fine!" she exclaimed getting up, Jae Mi winced as she looked at her bleeding ankle.

It looks bad OMG OMG OMG what do I do.

"Omo Jae Mi!" Kikwang cried ans he supported her on his shoulder.

She nearly collapsed from the pain.

"I-I'm fine, I'll just walk it off." She replied not wanted to further trouble him.

"Aish, just let me help you."

"Mwoh?"

He put one arm around her shoulders and hooked the other under her knees carrying her bridal-style.

Jae Mi felt her face head up as she wrapped her arms around Kikwang's neck to keep herself from falling.

"You really don't have to do this." she protested.

"But I want to." He replied softly.