Wondering

Becoming B2utiful [Hiatus]

The next morning Jae Mi went out for a walk before school started.

Along the way she snapped photos or the early morning sunlit sky.

"Yah, paparazzi!" 

She whirled around and smiled at Dongwoon.

"Annyeong Dongwoon-ah,"

He smiled sweetly at her "How is Noona?"

"I'm good, just on my way to school."

"I'll walk with you then,"

As they strolled along Jae Mi learned that for a maknae Dongwwon was pretty mature.

She felt that she could tell him anything and he would understand.

"So how are all the guys?" she asked.

"Oh well Hyungseung, Junhyung and I live together, so pretty much we know everything there is to know aout one another."

He seemed to be a bit annyoed at this fact.

"Oh, really? What about your parents?"

Dongwoon shrugged

"They weren't going to allow it at first, but when I got into CUBE the distance would be too far for me to travel,

so eventually they agreed, it was the same for Hyunseung...and Junhyung...." He trailed off.

"Ah, it's ok you don't have to tell me." Jae Mi said noting the look in Dongwoon's eyes.

For the rest of the walk they were silent. "So you do know that today is our presentation for vocal class right?"

Jae Mi flinched "Oh...no I didn't, but don't worry I know my part."

she stepped into the vocal class and took her seat. Jae Mi had no idea that the presentation was today!

Sure she had practised, but she wasn't ready mentally.

She had never sang in front of anyone besides the time they interviewed her to enter CUBE.

But that was different. Singing in front of people her age was a totally different story.

As the rest of the class filed in, Jae Mi nervously scribbled on her notes. "Are you alright?" She turned to Yoseob.

Catching herself, she stopped scribbling. "Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit nervous about the whole presentation thingy."

She admitted with a small sigh. Yoseob smiled sympathetically.

"You have nothing to worry about, you are so talented it will be natural once you get up there."

He pumped a fist in the air. "Hwang Jae Mi Hwaiting~!"

Jae returned his smile and somehow the butterflies in her stomach seemed to diasappear.

The teacher walked in and the class started.

Dongwoon and Yoseob were already in class, so was Hyunseung, but where was Junhyung?!

Of all the days to be absent it just had to be today!

She tapped her fingernails against the desk.

Junhyung's rap was what tied the whole song together, it would be painfully obvious that someone was missing, especially since Jae Mi had a solo right after it, she couldn't just jump to her part if her wasn't there!

As the groups began to perform, Junhyung was still no where to be found.

Jae Mi chewd on her bottom lip nervously. "And finally," the teacher began

"We have Hwang Jae Mi, Yang Yoseob, Sohn Dongwoon, Jang HYungseung, and Yong Junhyung..."

The teacher looked around for the missing group memer. "Well in any case, carry on without him."

The three of them went up and performed their song as best as they could without their rapper.

Everyone applauded politely and they took their seats.

Jae Mi was now irritated, because of Junhyung she and the other guys looked like a bunch of ill-prepared idiots, when they were the exact opposite!

Not even Yoseob's sweet high notes could save them.

And Junhyung was the one that put so much pressure on her especially to get everything perfect, from the notes and key changes to every breath in between.

And on the day of he's a no show?!  

She continued on with her day, although Junhyung didn't show up to any other classes wither.

She asked Kikwang and Dujun if they had seen him, but they said they hadn't heard from him in a while.

Now she was getting a bit concerned.

Wait, whay should she even care?!

The day ended and Jae Mi decided to stop by Joon's store to see if Junhyung was there or had stopped by.

She opened the door and the bell chimed announcing her arrival.

Joon smiled at her "Back so soon?" She nodded.

"Actually I was wondering if Junhyung was here, he wasn't at school today."

Joon looked at her with confusion then concern.

"The last time I saw that kid was when you were here. I haven't heard a thing since.

Why has he been gone long?" Jae Mi bit her lip unconsiously.

"We had an important presentation in music today and he didn't show."

Joon frowned slightly "That's not like him at all, he might be a bit of a troublemaker, but he would never cut a music class."

Jae Mi thought again. Joon was right, why would an aspiring artist like Junhyung purposely miss a chance to perform?

She thanked Joon for his help and headed out again.

She didn't know where she was going but she needed some time to think.

Cutting through the same park she had where she and Kikwang fell, Jae Mi stared at the broken wooden steps.

She wondered why Kikwang was there that day.

She wondered why Junhyung wasn't.

Those two were like day and night. Kikwang was warm and inviting like the sun.

Junhyung was the moon, nothing but a cold reflection.

Slowly she made her way carefully down the steps. She looked down and saw something move...or in this case someone.