New and Old Friends

Becoming B2utiful [Hiatus]

Later that same evening Jae Mi began to remember being friends with Yoon Dujun as a child.

 

They were usually together from what she gathered, they went to the same school as well before.

 

Jae Mi was happy that she remembered things like this because of all the countries she's been to,

 

she could never relly have many friends.

 

From what her parents told her and from her memories at one point Dujun was her best friend.

 

Jae Mi had a special necklace that she wore all the time.

 

It had a small charm from every place she'd ever been to ever sonce she could remember.

 

She could identify every single story for every charm exept one.

 

A small soccer ball. Maybe if the Dujun she met that day was the one she used to know then she could find out what the charm

meant.

 

With all these thoughts keeping her up at night Jae Mi ended up oversleeping, thus making her late.

 

She threw on some clothes

tumblr_mki8rbhyIr1rpst15o1_500.png

 

and headed out the door.

 

When she arrived she slipped into class unnoticed by the teacher (thankfully!)

 

She let out a sigh of relief, it was only the second day and she was already being tardy.

 

Jae Mi felt something tug at her hair.

 

She turned around and saw Yoseob grinning at her as he handed her a piece of paper.

 

"Read it." He whispered. Then, glancing up at the teacher, he returned to his reading as if nothing happened.

 

Jae Mi uncrumpled the sheet and read it.

 

At lunchtime can you meet with us to talk about the project?

 

Jae Mi scribbled yes in reply and tossed the paper back to Yoseob.

 

Before she went to the rooftop at lunch Jae Mi stopped and decided to clean up a bit in th e washroom.

 

A bunch of other girls were busy touching up their makeup and Jae Mi stood there awkwardly re-applying her lip balm.

 

One of the girls, who seemed to be the leader of the pack approached her.

 

She stard at Jae Mi for a few seconds to which Jae Mi responded with a smile.

 

"You must be the new girl I keep hearing about," the girl said

 

"Ah, yeah I'm Hwang Jae Mi..nice to meet you...?" she introduced herself

 

"Goo Ha Ra," she replied. "I've been hearing that you're now friends with Junhyung?"

 

Jae Mi snorted a bit. "Friends?! Yeah right, he totally hated my guts."

 

Ha Ra raised an eyebrow skeptically, and looked at Jae Mi to see if she was lying.

 

Satisfied that she wasn't Ha Ra smiled and sighed.

 

"That's a relief!"

 

Blinking in surprise Jae Mi said "Why would that be?"

 

"Because Junhung Oppa is my future husband, and I don't want any rivals." Ha Ra answered bluntly.

 

"YOU'RE ENGAGED AT THIS AGE?!" Jae Mi exclaimed.

 

Ha Ra blushed and waved her hand in front of her face in dismissal.

 

"A-aniyo! But soon Junhyung Oppa will be my boyfriend. Anyway, do you want to have lunch with me and the girls?"

 

Ha Ra asked.

 

Jae Mi felt a huge grin form on her face. For once, the girls in her new school didn't hate her!

 

She nodded eagerly in reply "Of course!"

 

As Jae Mi got to know Ha Ra she learned new things also about Cube Academy.

 

For instance, they were one of the few highschools that allowed students to wear regualr clothes instead of a uniform,

 

students could choose most of their courses

 

and over 70% of all graduates from Cube Academy end up in the career/field they applied for at the Academy.

 

Jae Mi learned that Ha Ra was her Sunbae by one year,

 

she was a bit of what others might call a 'girly-girl' but Jae Mi didn't mind.

 

"So...Jae Mi, what do you think of Cube?" Ha Ra asked stirring her latte.

 

"Uhmm...it's really nice actually, the classes are good and everyone here is pretty friendly."

 

Ha Ra stopped stirring momentarily and looked up at Jae Mi. "It would seem so to you wouldn't it?"

 

Jae Mi noted the cold expression she wore and the suddden edge of Ha Ra's voice.

 

Suddenly there was a loud banging noise as someone threw open the doors of the cafeteria violently.

 

" YAH! HWANG JAE MI!!"