Day One

Becoming B2utiful [Hiatus]

Jae Mi woke up, staring at the ceiling she thought to herself,

 

This is it! It's my first day as a student in Seoul!

 

After seven years of travelling abroad with her parents, Jae Mi had finally convinced them to move back to Korea.

 

Jae Mi had been almost everywhere on the map, but the only place she'd been dreaming of was home.

 

Both her mother and father were writers, and for inspiration they travelled.

 

Finally now that she was sixteen she was able to find her calling.

 

To help her, she was enrolled into one of Seoul's most elite Arts schools, Cube Academy.

 

She got up and got dressed in a simple outfit,a white undershirt, a red blouse and a white knit sweater and black jeans.

tumblr_mjrz4c7zER1r94qebo1_500.png

 

Then she went downstairs.

 

"Good morning," Her mother greeted her.

 

"Hi Umma,"

 

"Ready for your first day?" she asked.

 

Jae Mi nodded, grabbed a slice of toast off the table along with her schoolbag and camera.

 

Wherever she went Jae Mi always had her camera, because she wanted to caputre the world's beauty.

 

She walked merrily to school, humming a tune she picked up in London.

 

When she reached the school's gates she snapped a few pics.

 

She stared up in awe, in the brocure they never said it would be this...amazing!

 

Jae Mi walked into her first class and was being introduced by the teacher.

 

"Everyone, this is Hwang Jae Mi, she's coming back from studying abroad, why don't you tell us about yourself."

 

Jae Mi took a deep breath. This was it. First impression.

 

"Annyeongsayo I'm Hwang Jae Mi, I just recently came back from New York, please take care of me."

 

She bowed, her heart pumping.

 

Some of the students clapped politely, other whispered.

 

Okay of course she knew they would, Jae Mi was taller than all of the girls in the class, and probably the best looking.

 

He hair was long and dyed brown with a blue streak.

 

Even without her unique hairstyle her large light brown eyes, naturally pink lips and unblemished skin would catch anyone's eye.

 

"Why don't you have a seat next to Hyunseung....Hyunseung raise your hand please." The teacher said.

 

A boy near the window with messy brown hair raised his hand lazily.

 

Jae Mi sat next to him and smiled "Hi,"

 

He smiled back "Hi,"

 

As the class started to work Jae Mi noticed Hyunseung sliding a piece of paper onto her desk.

 

It read: You seem pretty cool

 

Jae Mi smiled, her first friend! Thanks she replied.

 

Did you ever go to China? 

 

Jae Mi's smile grew, what a funny guy.

 

Yeah, about a year ago.

 

Hyunseung nodded in approval I went there too, loved the food

 

They both laughed.

 

The bell went and Jae Mi gathered her things.

 

"Do you wanna have lunch with me and a few of my friends?" Hyunseung asked.

 

Jae Mi's eyes widened, she really did make a new friend! "Sure!" she replied.

 

"What do you have next?" he asked.

 

Jae Mi looked at her timetable "uhm...vocal music," she replied.

 

"Oh me too, I'll show you where it is," Hyunseung said.

 

"Thanks"

 

They both walking into class and Hyunseung was greeted by two guys.

 

One tall guy with light brown hair and one shorter one with a cute face and blonde hair.

 

"Jae Mi this is Dongwoon and Yoseob" Hyunseung said introducing the two males.

 

"Hi," Donwoon said politely, "Annyeong~" Yoseob chirped.

 

Jae Mi smiled at them "Hello,"

 

"Wah~ you're hair  is so cool~" Yoseob twirled a blue strand of Jae Mi's hair, wide-eyed.

 

Jae Mi laughed "Thanks, yours is pretty cool too,"

 

Yoseob smiled and turned to Dongwwon.

 

"See I told you I could pull of being a blonde!"

 

Dongwoon pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head.

 

"I never said you couldn't, I said you shouldn't especially that light...you look obnoxious."

 

Yoseob spluttered at his friend's insult and pouted.

 

"Don't mind them...all my friends are......unique in their own way," Hyunseung explained rubbing the back of his neck.

 

When the class began the teacher handed each student a blank piece of paper.

 

This time around Jae Mi sat next to Yoseob.

 

"Mr. Park is really weird," he whispered.

 

"Why?" Jae Mi asked.

 

"Just wait, you'll see."

 

"Now class, I want on the piece of paper you recieved to write down your favourite song, and explain your choices."

 

There was some murmering among the students but they compleid.

 

Jae Mi did agree with Yoseob this was and unusual method of teaching, but it wasn't bad.

 

It was an arts school.

 

Jae Mi tapped her pencil against her desk in thought.

 

Favourite song...but there were so many!

 

A moment or two later the teacher told everyone to hand in their sheets and they would read them individually to the class.

 

 

Yoseob looked over at her smiling, "What did you put?" he asked.

 

Jae Mi looked at him with wide eyes "I didn't write anything, I took too long thinking."

 

Yoseob blinked at her. "Oh...good luck with that."

 

One by one Mr. Park called the name of the student whose paper he held.

 

"Hwang Jae Mi,"

 

Jae Mi stood up and walked to the front of the class.

 

Mr. Park had an itrigued look on his face.

 

Something along the lines of I wonder how she'll get herself out of this

 

Jae Mi took a deep breath and cleared a bit.

 

"I didn't choose any dong as my favourite because there are so many to choose from...

 

also songs are being made almost every hour of everyday, in different genres and styles by many talented people,

 

to choose one above all other would be very difficult...and it depends on who you are."

 

The class was silent.

 

Jae Mi felt a horrible feeling in the pit of her stomach, until she heard someone clapping.

 

Everyone turned to the doorway.

 

Jae Mi heard Mr. Park sigh.

 

"Welcome Mr. Yong...you're late again..."

 

Said boy sauntered to the back of the class, taking a seat in an empty desk, propping his feet up.

 

Something about him made Jae Mi curious.

 

Maybe it was the way he walked...or his eyes...something...he had this look where you knew he knew too much.

 

"Alright, Yong Junhyung, why don't you tell the class about your favourite song?" Mr. Park asked.

 

Jae Mi could feel the emnity between Mr. Park and Yong Junhyung.

 

Junhyung merely smirked. "It's called ' You' " 

 

Jae Mi's eyes widened slightly, Junhyung had said it in English, knowing that Mr. Park wouldn't understand.

 

Only the people who were fluent in English reacted. Which would only be her and Junhyung.

 

Noting her reaction he caught her eye, winking at her.

 

Jae Mi immediatly broke eye contact with him and looked down.

 

Mr. Park sighed "Since this is the vocal music class we will indeed be doing some singing,

 

for your assignment this week I want you to get into groups of at least four, and learn a song to present next Monday."

 

The class groaned.

 

Jae Mi bit her lip nervously. Get into groups? She didn't even know anyone yet!

 

The bell rang and the class was dismissed.

 

Jae Mi trudged to the door, depressed that no one asked her to work with them.

 

"Jae Mi!" she turned around and saw Dongwoon, Yoseob, and Hyunseung standing around Junhyung's desk.

 

Yoseob waved her over impatiently.

 

She hesitantly made her way over, being wary of Junhyung.

 

"Yes,"

 

"We wanted to know if you would like to work with us on the project thing," Dongwoon asked.

 

Jae Mi's mood brightened up considerably "Sure," she smiled.

 

"So can you sing?" Junhyung asked bluntly.

 

"Excuse me?" Jae Mi asked raising an eyebrow.

 

"Well, if you're going to work with us I think we should know whether you're useful or just another dead-weight."

 

Jae Mi didn't know how to respond...she could sing...but if she said so then Junhyung would probably want her to 'prove it'

 

and she just wasn't in the mood, he seemed like that type of person.

 

"Junghyunnie~ don't be so mean to her~" Yoseob whined, wrapping his arm around Jae Mi's

 

Junhyung rolled his eyes.

 

"Excuse him...he's just usually less of an ," Dongwoon said with a slight smile.

 

"Come on we don't wanna be late," Hyunseung said

 

"What do you have next Jae Mi?" he asked.

 

"Oh...uhmm Drama."

 

"Oh, then we'll see you at lunch me, Woonie and Junghyunnie have band." Yoseob smiled.

 

"Okay..see you later," Jae Mi waved to them and followed Hyunseung to the Drama room.

 

"So how's day one been so far?" He asked her grinning.

 

Jae Mi thought "It's been...interesting.."

 

Hyunseung chuckled "Yeah,I guess you could say that..."