Of bitterness and avoidance

The Silent Treatment

“Are you two together now?” Sungyeol teased, as the choding he is.

“Yes, me and Peniel are official now.” All of them literally faced Sungjong.

“Since when?” Hoya asked.

“Since yesterday.” Sungjong smiled at the other.

“But I thought you and...” Woohyun changed his attention to Myungsoo, who was speechless at the moment.

“Aww, our Jongie is growing up.” Dongwoo stood up from his chair and pinched Sungjong’s cheeks.

When Myungsoo’s mind finally registered what Sungjong has just said, he stood up and pulled the maknae out of the kitchen.

“We need to talk.” Myungsoo took the maknae by the wrist.

“Hyung, you’re hurting me.” Sungjong tried to tug his arm.

“Yah! Let him go.” Hoya stood up and tried to get Sungjong.

“All of you stay out of this!” Myungsoo glared at everyone and kept pulling the maknae to his room.

Myungsoo shut the door and locked it, ignoring the loud knocks and shouts of his hyungs beyond the door.

Sungjong sat on the bed, covering himself with the sheets and pillows. Myungsoo noticed how cared the maknae was. He suddenly felt guilty.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Myungsoo slowly approached. Sungjong moved back, and started to shake. Myungsoo felt stupid. He never meant to hurt Sungjong, but no he realized that all this time, that’s what he has been doing all along.

Myungsoo took a deep breath and sat on the bed.

“Sungjong-ah.” Sungjong closed his eyes.

“Please don’t hurt me.” Myungsoo could feel everything in him break.

“Sungjong-ah, I would never hurt you.” Myungsoo stretched him arms towards Sungjong, but the other moved back even more. Myungsoo slowly touched Sungjong’s hand.

“I’m sorry.”

“No hyung, I’m sorry. I’m sorry for hurting you.”

“Please be honest with me. Are you really hurting because of me?” Sungjong looked down. He didn’t want to answer, especially in front of his hyung.

“Please, don’t be afraid. Please, let me hug you, one last time.” Sungjong slowly crawled closer to Myungsoo.

“I love you Sungjong, but I know Peniel would take care of you better.” Myungsoo slowly caressed the maknae’s hair.

“Hyung, you made a promise to still be there whatever happens.” Myungsoo broke the hug and faced Sungjong.

“It’s not that easy you know. Please, give me time.” Myungsoo kissed the maknae’s forehead and left.

Myungsoo opened the door, only to be welcomed by his other hyungs, controlling Hoya who wanted to kill Myungsoo.

“I.......I just needed to talk to him. I’m sorry for causing you trouble.” Myungsoo bowed and went straight to his room. Hoya broke free and entered Sungjong’s room. He ran to the maknae’s bed.

“Did he hurt you? Are you okay?” Sungjong said nothing.

“I swear I will kill him-.” Sungjong cut him off.

“Can I be alone for a while hyung?” Hoya sighed and nodded.

“We’ll talk later okay?” Sungjong nodded. Hoya stood up and closed the door.

Sungjong had mixed emotions. He doesn’t know what to feel anymore. He also doesn’t know why he’s feeling this way.

‘I’m such a bad person. I’m selfish, and unfair. I don’t deserve anything good.’ Sungjong cried himself to sleep.

M! Countdown recording studio

At around 10 am, they were all preparing for their performance for the day. Infinite would be battling for number one today, so they tried their best to be energetic as possible, but what happened this morning affected them greatly. They tried their best to smile in front of everyone, especially Myungsoo.

After what happened, Myungsoo lost all hope. If they didn’t have a schedule today, he might have been drunk already. Myungsoo had been sighing for the past few hours. He kept thinking about Sungjong.

‘I must have hurt him so much.’ Myungsoo sighed.

‘Why am I such a bad hyung?’ Myungsoo sighed again.

‘Why am I the jealous type?’ Again, he let out a sigh.

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo. Stop sighing.” Sungyeol said.

“Oh, sorry hyung.” Myungsoo looked down.

“And stop apologizing. Geez, this dorm is full of drama.” Sungyeol rolled his eyes.

“You’re just like Sungjong over there.” Sungyeol pointed at the maknae, who was sitting in a corner, as usual.

“But I can’t blame him though. I know you’re hurting, but just think about how much hurt he is right now. Double? Triple? I don’t know. That’s why I try my best to avoid drama.” Sungyeol stood up and hummed like a little kid.

Myungsoo glanced at the maknae’s direction. Sungjong was staring blankly into oblivion. He felt sorry for Sungjong, but he wants to distance himself first. Myungsoo wants a little time to think.

As for Sungjong, he sat in his corner, not really talking. Hoya and Woohyun have been trying to talk to him for the past few hours, but all Sungjong did was either nod or shook his head.

“We need to talk when we get home.” Woohyun said as he stood up. Hoya just sighed and also left.

Sungjong has been texting Peniel for the past few hours, talking about random things, but he just couldn’t concentrate because of the tension in between them right now. When they were about to perform, Peniel’s last message made Sungjong happy, even just a little bit.

From: Peniel

Message:

Well, okay then! Good luck on your performance. I hope you win today. I love you. <3

After performance

“And the winner is......Infinite! Chukamida!” The MC’s said. It’s their first win in M! Countdown after their comeback. They felt happy and satisfied that their comeback was given attention. Sunggyu said a few words, and all of them felt happy on stage. They gave their encore performance and left the stage.

“Congratulations kids!” Their manager welcomed them by asking for a group hug.

“So how about you get packing, so that you could move sooner? I know you want to live in your new apartment now.” Their manager gave them a smug.

“We’ll pack when we get home hyung.” Their manager nodded and made his way to the van.

‘Big changes are going to happen soon’ Sungjong sighed.

After a few months

Infinite had won in various music shows, which made them very happy. They have already moved to their new apartment in western Seoul. Peniel and Sungjong have been seeing each other, even though they were both really busy. Sunggyu and Woohyun have been going strong, even if they keep arguing. Hoya had been observing the maknae, protecting him in any way he can. Dongwoo has been spending some time with the choding Sungyeol, who have trolled all the members.

As for Myungsoo, he and Sungjong still haven’t talk since that day Sungjong decided to date Peniel. Sungjong has been trying his best to hang out or even talk to the maknae, but Myungsoo just kept on making excuses.

Try 1

“Uhm..Hyung?” Sungjong peeked in the biggest room in the apartment. Myungsoo was on his bed, watching some videos on his laptop. He was surprised that the maknae was even talking to him.

“Yes Sungjong?” Myungsoo said in a low voice.

“Do you want to go for ice cream?” Sungjong asked hesitantly, but managed to ask anyway. Myungsoo wanted to say yes, but his mind made up an excuse not to go.

“I’m sorry, I can’t. I’m kind of busy.” Myungsoo didn’t even look at the maknae.

“Oh, sorry for bothering you then.” Sungjong left and closed the door. Myungsoo sighed. He should’ve have acknowledge the maknae’s presence. He can’t even make eye contact with the maknae anymore. He sighed again and scratched his head.

Try 2

Sungjong was determined to hang out with Myungsoo again. He wanted to connect that broken bridge. It was awkward, but Sungjong has no choice. Seeing Myungsoo sad makes him guiltier even more.

“Hyung.” Sungjong nudged the sleeping figure. Myungsoo groaned.

“Let’s go drinking.” Myungsoo opened his eyes. He loved drinking so much, but when he saw that it was Sungjong asking, he closed his eyes again.

“I can’t. Just go with Peniel or Hoya.” With that, Myungsoo faced the wall.

“Oh, okay.” Sungjong left the room. Myungsoo mentally slapped himself. He was being a snob to the maknae, who was only trying his best to talk to him, but Myungsoo keeps on being bitter. He felt hurt, knowing that he’s the one pushing the maknae away from him.

Try 3

Sungjong was really determined this time. He promised to himself that if he can’t get Myungsoo to hang out with him, then he would stop trying.

Myungsoo was currently at the dining area, eating some cereal. Most of his hyungs were also awake. Sungjong went to the dining area. He took a seat next to Myungsoo and poked him.

“Hyung, let’s hang out please?” Sungjong pouted and used all his aegyo. Myungsoo smiled a bit, but that smile soon disappeared. Myungsoo shook his head and stood up.

And that was it. After those 3 tries, Myungsoo never heard from Sungjong ever. He guess the maknae finally gave up.

***

It was currently 7 PM, and Myungsoo was home alone. It was a free day for Infinite today, so most of the members went out. He was watching some random TV shows he could find. When the front door opened, he stood up to check who it was, but when he saw who the people were, he quickly went to the kitchen.

“Thanks for taking me home.” Sungjong smiled at the other.

“No problem. You should go rest, and I’m sorry if Eunkwang hyung kept bugging you. He’s really hyper.” Sungjong chuckled.

“Aniyo, they’re actually very fun to be with. All of you are in good terms, unlike me.” Sungjong bitterly chuckled. Peniel brushed Sungjong’s cheek.

“Aish, don’t say that. Just remember that you’re special okay? I need to go. I love you.” Peniel leaned in and kissed Sungjong on the lips. Sungjong giggled and nodded.

“I love you too, take care.” With that, Sungjong entered the apartment. Myungsoo acted cool and went to the living room. When they meet half way, Sungjong just bowed and went to his solo room. Myungsoo knows it’s wrong to feel jealous, but he just can’t help it.

‘It’s my own fault anyway; I keep on pushing Sungjong away, even though he tried to patch things up.’ Myungsoo sighed.

Around 9 pm, all of the members were home. Woohyun bought dinner for everyone. He went to Sungjong’s room.

“Hey Jongie, let’s eat.” Sungjong smiled and nodded at his hyung.

They were all at the dining area now. After saying their thanks, they started eating. Everyone was already eating. Woohyun nudged Sunggyu. After the talk they had earlier, Sunggyu didn’t know what to do.

Earlier today

Woohyun and Sunggyu were currently in a cafe shop, with their disguises of course. They were enjoying each other’s company.

“You know Gyu, you should try being sweet to Sungjong. He’s really fun to take care of you know.” Sunggyu chuckled.

“We should stop babying him you know.” Woohyun shook his head.

“You know, Sungjong looks weak and vulnerable, but he’s actually stronger than any of us you know.” Woohyun took his coffee and took a sip. Just then, Woohyun had a great idea.

“I bet you can’t feed him, because you’re cold like that.” Woohyun said.

“I am not cold.” Sunggyu said in an angry tone.

“Yes, yes you are. Come one, just try Gyu, for me. Please?” Woohyun pouted and made a heart sign with his hands. Sunggyu blushed and giggled at the other’s greasiness.

“Aish, fine.” Woohyun clung on Sunggyu’s arm and smiled.

“Thank you! I’ll kiss you when we get home.” Sunggyu blushed.

Present

Sunggyu sighed. He guessed that he should try to be close with Sungjong. He took a deep breath and took a small piece of meat.

“Sungjong-ah.” Sungjong looked at Sunggyu, who was trying to feed him.

“What is it hyung?” Sunggyu blushed.

“Say Ah.” Sungjong was taken aback a little bit, but he didn’t want to embarrass the leader, so he gladly ate it. Everyone in the table was a bit shocked with what Sunggyu did. He never fed the maknae, or even serve food for him. Woohyun felt contented. When Woohyun’s and Sunggyu’s eyes met, the grease ball gave him a wink, which made Sunggyu blush even more.

After dinner, Sungjong went straight to his room. He misses Peniel already, even though they have been texting for the past few hours. It’s been months since they started to become official. Sungjong felt happy. Just seeing Peniel in his wallpaper makes him happy.

But

For some reason, Sungjong felt that something was missing. Don’t get him wrong, he loves Peniel so much. Peniel has been very considerate and kind towards him, and also loving. It’s just that Sungjong feels that something is missing, he just doesn’t know what. Sungjong just shook his head, and didn’t bother to think about it.

He was about to sleep, when someone suddenly knocked. The door opened, and Sungjong was surprised to see the person standing in front of him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So here's the update! I guess most of you expected Sungjong to say yes, but I guess you didn't expect Myungsoo to go berserk right? So about this chapter, well, as you can see, months have passed. Do you think Sungjong and Myungsoo would rebuild their bridge? FIND OUT! ^^ And I just had to leave that cliffhanger, so I know you would be expecting my next update!!!! Please comment!! I love you guys! <3