Welcome to my life.

I Need a Girl

I heard my cell phone ring. My ringtone for my manager was a voice saying “An Idiot is trying to reach you on your cellular device.” Yeah. I need a new manager, because the one I had was a douche bag.

            “Hello?” I said into my phone.

            “Jacklyne, I found you a gig. It’s a music video for a Korean pop star,” my manager, Kevin said. Wow, it was just like him to do something like this. To get me a Korean pop star, it was probably the cheapest music video set he could find. He was a cheapskate, and once again, just an overall douche.

            “Ok, when am I going?” I asked, getting out a pen and paper.

            “Six a.m. tomorrow.”

            “Excuse me?” I asked, hoping that I heard him wrong. Waking up early was the death of me. I hated when it was dark when I had to wake up, and when the first digits were single digits.

            “You heard me. Six a.m. tomorrow. Bye,” he said, hanging up.

            I was officially going to die tomorrow.

 

My alarm clock woke me up, and that was the worst moment in my life. I lugged myself out of bed and got into the shower, trying to wake myself up with the steaming hot water falling down my body. It didn’t help. Maybe coffee would work better.

            After washing the soap out of my hair, I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I went into the kitchen to start the coffee. Ugh, coffee took too long to make. Maybe I’ll just get some Starbucks on my way to the music video.... Yeah, that’s what I’ll do.

            I went into my room and found some sweatpants to wear because I would be changing when I got to the set, and then I grabbed my phone and my keys and got into my dark blue pickup truck.

            I went to the drive-thru for some coffee, and the line just happened to be super long, so now I would probably be late. That was great. It’s been a great first day so far.

            After finally getting my vente caramel macchiato with an extra pump of caffeine, I found my way to the music video set. There were Asians everywhere. Literally, there might have been about five white people. And we were in New York of all places.

            “Jacklyne!” Kevin yelled, striding over to me. He engulfed me in his arms and I wanted to throw up. He smelled like my grandmother, who was dead. “Guess what, girly. Turns out, you’re the main dancer!” He enthused. He was probably gay... he must’ve been gay. He called me girly for God’s sake.

            “Okay... who’s the singer?” I asked. I’ve been wondering this for a while. He said “Korean popstar” but that meant nothing to me. I only knew one Korean band, and that was BIGBANG. My friend, Miyah showed me to them and I liked them. They were good looking Asians.

            “Well, he’s actually in a band. And in Asia, apparently they make a lot of solo albums or something, so he’s making one. His name is Tieyang or something. He’s in a band called Big Band,” he explained. If he was just being stupid and meant BIGBANG, I might have a heart attack.

            “Are you sure you don’t mean Taeyang, and BANGBANG?” I asked, hopefully.

            “Oh yeah! That’s probably it. You know, Chinese people are really hard to understand,” he said, walking away. I could punch him in the face right now, but instead I took a sip of my macchiato.

            I walked over to hair and makeup and saw the most beautiful people in the world, G-Dragon and Taeyang. I think I’m going to die. Like, right now. Oh no, the caffeine is acting up.

            “She is the dancer for your music video,” I heard someone say in between Taeyang and G-Dragon. It was like the caffeine was making me have super senses or something. Okay, maybe it was a bad idea to have caffeine.

            That was when Taeyang got up and walked over to me. Oh no, what was I going to do? I was a caffeinated mess and a y Asian was walking up to me.

            “What’s your name?” He asked, in surprisingly really good English. His accent was y. I was going to die a slow and painful death.

            “J-J-J-Jacklyne,” I stuttered. Whoa, way too much stuttering there, Jacklyne. That’s surely attractive.

            “Nice to meet you J-J-J-Jacklyne, I’m Taeyang,” he teased.

            “Well played.” I winked and walked away from him.

 

After learning the dance steps, I went into hair and makeup and smiled flirtatiously at Taeyang, because that’s just what I do. I tease. I can’t tell you why, but I just have the need to make people want more. But the problem with Taeyang was that he was doing the same thing. But maybe he was just being nice. I hate my life...

            During the filming of the music video I was trying to keep my composure as he was... touching me, and... dancing with me. My feels threatened to spill over as he smiled and mouthed the lyrics to his song.

            After the first day of shooting, I tried to escape as fast as I possibly could. But I heard someone calling after me.

            “Jacklyne!” I heard Taeyang yell. I turned around and saw him jogging towards me. I would’ve been fine with this if he wasn’t shirtless. Like, why does he hate me? Is he purposely trying to make me faint in front of him? His abs are just so... amazing.

            “Hello,” I said, smiling at him to try to hide my feels.

            “Would you like to come to dinner with me tonight?” He asked. His voice was just so cute, I couldn’t say no.

            “Oh, sure. Um, do you want my phone number?” I asked, taking my iPhone out of my pocket.

            “Sure,” he took my phone from me and put his number into it. Then he handed me back my phone. “I’ll call you around seven,” he said, smiling and walking away.

            He’ll call me around seven. Oh my god, I was going on a date with Taeyang!