Endless

He Who Has Grey Eyes

Endless


Chanyeol's thoughts were muddled. Whatever Baekhyun said did not make sense to him. He wanted to believe whatever the man said but it sounded so bizarre.

 

"Please don't judge me when I say this. I dreamt that I was the one being and murdered. I saw everything that might have happened to the girls. All I saw before I woke up was grey. But not only grey. It was grey eyes, shimmering in the dark," Baekhyun told him in an unsure voice.

 

"When did you had that dream?"Chanyeol asked, a hint of curiosity in his voice.

 

"The night Dahae was found. I couldn't sleep, knowing she was dead and I was stranded somewhere else," Baekhyun was playing with his fingers. For a moment there, Chanyeol thought Baekhyun looked so small and innocent for a thirty year old.

 

"Grey eyes. We can't possibly describe the suspect based on your dream. Its not legit. I hope you understand, hyung. As much as I want to believe you, we can't base this case on something as personal as a dream. We might end up getting misled,"Chanyeol sighed.

 

Baekhyun nodded quietly. Chanyeol's right. His information might be misleading. However, that dream felt so real. Could it possibly be what Dahae had went through? He can never be sure of that.

 

Chanyeol was busy with his team of investigators, trying their best to solve the case before someone else was dead. Working made Chanyeol feel at ease. His attention was solely focused on the case and their suspect. He managed to keep away the sadness of his sister's tragic death at the back of his mind. He buried himself at work, hoping to forget his misery. Yet, it still haunted him every night. Image after image of Dahae's battered body. Nightmares continued pestering him. He became sleep deprived, combined with an unhealthy dieting lifestyle - in which he rarely eats- made him a shadow of his former self.

 

Everthing he did felt endless. Like how he felt he was falling into a deep endless abyss called depression. He still could not move on after his sister's death although he tried hard. Baekhyun and Jongin tried their best but it was not helping either. The only thing that kept Park Chanyeol going was his promise for revenge. For justice to prevail. He promised himself to track that murderer that killed his sister. Everthing he did was for Dahae.

 

"Sir, another victim was found dead in the wee hours of Wednesday morning. She was found dead by a worker at the club, in one of the VIP rooms. The same thing happened to this victim. Her friends didn't even realised that she was missing," a female officer filled him up on the news of another death.

 

Chanyeol sighed. He gave her curt nod before dismissing her. Another death was another heavy load of burden, pressurising him to nab the murderer as fast as possible. "Our suspect is getting too bold isn't he?" Chanyeol smirked to himself. The thought of twisting the murderer's neck felt so appealing. The smirk soon changed into a scowl. There was still no leads of the suspect. The case was starting to get endlessly long in his perspective.

 

"Hara, get me the list of people who owns the nightclub membership. Narrow it down to those who went to the nightclub yesterday night between 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. Find those who frequently uses the room. I need the data fast. Thank you," he called the officer in his team. She was his best tracker. She was his only hope.

 

Finding this killer felt endless. No one actually saw him before. He had no criminal record, no previous offence. Whatever it was, something must snapped within the suspect himself, for him to suddenly turn into a serial murderer. Another frustrating thing was, nobody had any idea of how he looked like, which made it a hundred times tougher tracking the killer down. The case was taking too long, and Chanyeol hated it.