Wasted

He Who Has Grey Eyes

Wasted


The moment Park Chanyeol stepped into the club, he felt like backing out. He never enjoyed trips to nightclubs and what not. He hated crowds. He hated everything about it. He was not into drinking either and had never bothered to step into a nightclub. But he eventually set foot into what he describes as 'pits of fiery hell' as much as Baekhyun disagreed.

 

Music was booming too loud for his liking. He felt like he was going deaf by the minute. He tried navigating himself towards the stairs, wanting to avoid the sea of people. Much to his dismay, women pressed themselves on his body as he move past them, some touching him inappropriately - to which he slapped their hands off- giving him seductive looks. The atmosphere in the nightclub made Chanyeol feel like hurling the contents of his stomach out. It felt so heavy and dreary. He hated it.

 

'Bad idea of following Jongin here,' Chanyeol thought to himself as he headed towards the crime scene. Jongin was already there with the team of forensic investigators. Pictures were taken. Every little detail was examined thoroughly. Chanyeol stood before the wall. It was smeared with blood. Again, angel wings was painted with the victims blood. What shocked him even more was that there was a note painted together with the murderer's trademark angel wings.

 

'Catch me if you can.' The murderer was taunting him. It felt like that note was solely meant for him. It was one on one. Next to the note, the murderer signed himself  'The Guardian'. What the flying ? A murderer calling himself a guardian? Bull.

 

"Jongin, I think you need to see this," Chanyeol motioned for the man to come closer. "Have you seen this?" he asked the younger man next to him. He eyed the Chief Officer's reaction. Jongin's features ranged from disbelief to anger.

 

"This is really sick. He dares to taunt us. Sir, I think this case is taking far too long. What should we do now? He seems so careful not to release his in them. He leaves no traces of him for us to find. He's too smart for us," a sigh of frustration escaped from Jongin's lips.

 

"No," Chanyeol disagreed. "Its time we start to think more like him," he suggested, looking even more determined. Jongin knew his friend was plotting ways to get his hands on the suspect but thinking like the murderer himself? Chanyeol must be insane. Here he was hoping for a misstep from the suspect but Chanyeol was different. Always finding other ways of solving the case.

 

"Alright, we think like the murderer. If that's the only way to find this 'The Guardian' guy," Jongin gave in.

 

It was puzzling how one can find release in such a crowded place. Stampedes had happened in nightclubs before and no one learnt their lesson. Even when a murder has happened in the very building, the club was as crowded as ever. Colourful lights flashing from every corner, causing a major headache to Chanyeol. People drowned themselves in music and alcohol. Mass of warm bodies pushed against each other, grinding their hips to rhythm of the music. It was disgusting to see strangers randomly making out in the middle of the dance floor. Some were practically having in the middle of nowhere. Others, who were oblivious to what was happening around them, continued to dance their life away. Wasted. The only word Park Chanyeol could think of to describe what he saw.

 

The red-light district gives off a dark feeling about it. es, drug-dealers, businessmen and all the likes were busy hanging around the area, minding their own business. No wonder nobody found out about Kim Eunbi's death until the next day. No one could comprehend anything when they were so drunk and wasted. It took a person to recover from his hangover, just to alert the police about her death. Chanyeol felt his anger boiling. People were too ignorant to care that someone had died or was murdered brutally in a nightclub - supposedly the most crowded place ever. Another night. Another wasted life.

 


{Sungielove's note♥}

Hello once again. I'm sorry I couldn't updates as soon as possible but I tried. Anyways, I still am wondering when EXO will have their comeback. I think I've gone crazy sice the WOLF RUMOUR. So much for comeback. But INFINITE'S back and they had their first win. So, I'm a happy Mama for seven little boys. Oh what am I kidding. I have serious mental problems to deal with. Okay, back to the point. I hope you have a wondeful time reading my story here. It's supposed to be a ONESHOT but I'm a long-winded writer and it turned out with loads of chapters instead of one.

P.S. Seongyeol tweeted that he was L, the Human God. Pranking Inspirits aren't we? Oh what fun we have with the one and only Prankster Yeol.

P.P.S You might already guess who the killer is with the subtle (okay, not so subtle hint) hint. But he's an unexpected one.