Last Minute Preparations

Scandalous

A/N: Wow, sorry for the late update, guys. :( I meant to update sooner, but y'know, school. Final exams and everything.

THANK YOU SO, SO MUCH FOR THE 1300+ VIEWS! Aaah, you guys make me so happy! And the 42 subscribers! :D I love you all! ♥


Chapter Eight

Once the girls got back to the dorm, they--minus Taeyeon--all started harassing Seohyun about her duet with Kyuhyun.

“It’s your guys’ third duet! Congratulations!” Sunny grinned.

“T-Thank you, unnie...”

“Hey, Seo, why don’t you call Kyuhyun, ‘oppa’?”  Jessica asked curiously. “You guys are close enough.”

“Hey, I never noticed that.” Tiffany said, agreeing with Jessica.

“Well, he says that he doesn’t like to be called, ‘oppa.’” Seohyun responded uncertainly.

“What happened to Yonghwa?” Hyoyeon joked.

“Did you guys get a divorce?” Yuri asked, smiling along.

“A-Aniyo, we were never together. We’re good friends, that’s all...”

“You and Yonghwa or you and Kyuhyun?” Yoona questioned.

“Did you see when Kyuhyun blushed at you?” Sooyoung exclaimed in hysterics.

“That was so adorable!” Sunny gushed.

“And out-of-character,” Yoona noted, “For him, at least.”

“Girls, stop annoying our maknae.” Taeyeon ordered. “Find something productive to do or go to bed.”

“I’m out.” Jessica said, leaving for her room.

“Sleeping again?” Sooyoung shouted at her.

Jessica responded with a slam of her bedroom door.

“Aish,” Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “I’ll go see what she’s up to.”

“What do you think?” Tiffany laughed. “Sleeping, of course!”

Sooyoung narrowed her eyebrows. “That’s what she always says. I’m out to exploit her!”

Sunny squinted at Sooyoung. “For what? Sleeping?”

“Ah, forget you people.” Sooyoung huffed and made her way to the room she shared with Jessica. She pushed the door open and saw Jessica sitting on her bed, listening to music.

“Oh, Sooyoung.” Jessica looked up and took one earbud out of her ear. “What are you doing here?”

“Um, it’s my room, too.” Sooyoung grinned and plopped down across from Jessica. “Whatcha listening to?”

“American music,” Jessica responded with a slight roll of her eyes.

“Hey, I’m not that dumb!” Sooyoung retorted, slightly offended. “Who’s the artist?”

“Owl City,” Jessica answered.

Sooyoung frowned. “I think I’ve heard of them before...isn’t it a girl group?”

Jessica chuckled. “Ani, Shikshin. It’s one guy. His real name is Adam Young.”

“Whoa, I was way off.” Sooyoung grinned again.

Just then, Jessica’s phone began vibrating noisily. She turned off her music and answered the call without checking the Caller I.D.

Jessica held her red cell phone to her ear. “Yoboseyo?”

“Wait, this isn’t Hyoyeon...” a familiar voice said in confusion. “Jessica?”

Jessica looked at the name of the caller: Lee Donghae (Fishy)

She rolled her eyes. “Duh, it’s not. This isn’t even Hyoyeon’s number, you babo.”

“Eunhyuk, you lied to me!” Donghae whined in the background.

“Why would I give you her number? You would just tell her all these embarrassing secrets about me!” Eunhyuk cried.

“Whoa, how’d you know what I was gonna do?” Donghae asked, surprised.

Eunhyuk took the phone from Donghae. “I am sorry for my friend’s stupidity.”

“Eh, you get used to it.” Jessica smiled and shrugged.

“MEANIES!” Donghae shouted, probably pouting.

“Why are you guys all yelling?” Another voice joined the conversation.

“Heechul-oppa!” Sooyoung said in recognition.

Heechul took Donghae’s phone from Eunhyuk. “Yoboseyo? Who is this?”

“Jessica,” Jessica responded in a bland tone.

“Oh, Sica-sshi! Why are you talking to Donghae? You should be talking to me!” Heechul exclaimed.

“No can do, hyung. You erased her number, remember?” Eunhyuk laughed.

Jessica cocked an eyebrow angrily. “You what?”

Heechul laughed nervously. “Hey, Jessica, have I ever told you that you’re really, really pretty?”

Sooyoung grabbed Jessica’s phone and whispered into it, “Run, Heechul. Run as far away as you can. Don’t stop till you hit China! Maybe you can bunk with Hangeng for a couple nights--”

Jessica wrenched her phone out of Sooyoung’s hands. “Yah, Kim Heechul! Why did you erase my number on your phone?”

Click.

Jessica glared. “Wimp.”

“I’m gonna go back out...with the girls...” Sooyoung slowly backed out of the room. “I’m getting hungry...again...BYE!”

“Tcht. Why do I care what he even does?” Jessica muttered to herself.

---

“SERIOUSLY?! Our stylist is out for today?” Taeyeon looked on in disbelief at SNSD’s manager.

She shrugged and began walking towards the door. “Something suddenly came up. She came down with the flu. I’m sorry girls, I have to go now. I’ll meet up with you at the press conference.”

“Aigoo~~” Taeyeon pouted. “Well, it’s fine. We can all dress ourselves. We’re big girls!”

“Yeah, sure, of course,” Yoona said sarcastically. “Except that our stylist is the one who had our OUTFITS.”

“Wear something else!” Taeyeon demanded. “Don’t be such a drama queen!”

Yoona sighed heavily and stormed to her room.

“Diva,” Yuri muttered, flipping through a magazine.

“Girls, don’t just sit there! The press conference is in two hours! Now, we have to find new outfits and do our own hair and make-up. Aish, I don’t think I even remember how to.” Taeyeon finished pathetically.

“I can call Sungmin!” Sunny suggested with a cheerful smile.

“Just because he’s a bit feminine doesn’t mean he’ll fix everything.” Tiffany replied, patting Sunny on the arm.

“And don’t you just wanna see him, unnie?” Seohyun asked.

Sunny played with her fingers. “I never said that.”

“Let’s call Heechul then!” Yuri advised.

“No!” Jessica rejected.

“You sure hold petty grudges.” Hyoyeon smiled.

“You know what; I’m calling all of them.” Taeyeon said, leaving the living room.

“And by that, she means she’s calling Leeteuk-oppa.” Sunny snickered.

Taeyeon whipped her head around and gave the girls a stern look just as the leader of Super Junior picked up.

“Taeyeonnie? What’s up? Getting nervous before the conference?” Leeteuk teased.

“Psh, you wish!” Taeyeon shook her head. “Actually, we’re having a bit of a dilemma. Our stylist is out at the moment.”

“And? I sure hope you’re not suggesting I come over and do something. I’m not a stylist.” Leeteuk chuckled.

“Are any of the other guys?” Taeyeon asked hopefully.

There was a moment of silence before Leeteuk spoke again. “Hang on.”

More silence.

Taeyeon tapped her foot impatiently. Seconds turned into more seconds...turning into minutes.

“Okay, I’m sending our top stylists over!” Taeyeon knew that he was grinning. “Hope they can help.”

The leader sighed a bit dramatically and put a hand on her hip. “Yeah, I hope so, too.”

“See you later?”

She nodded even though he couldn’t see her. “Mm-hmm.”

Taeyeon slipped her phone back into her jeans pocket and clapped her hands together loudly. “EMERGENCY MEETING!”

Eight girls popped out of various rooms and gathered in the kitchen in a neat circle, with Taeyeon in the middle.

“So did you fix the problem?” Tiffany asked hopefully.

“Yes.”

The girls cheered. “Yeah! That’s our Taengoo!”

Taeyeon held up a hand. “Um, yes, our new stylists will be some of the Super Junior oppas.”

Dead silence.

Taeyeon bit her lip worriedly.

“All of them?” Seohyun asked.

Taeyeon shook her head. “Only some. The ones with a sense of style, I guess.”

“Heechul,” the girls chorused together.

“For sure,” Jessica added, forgetting that she was currently mad at him.

“Zhoumi?” Sunny suggested.

A few nodded. “He’s the fashion diva.” Yuri grinned.

“Siwon!” Sooyoung guessed.

“Maybe, possibly...” Yoona shrugged.

“You got all quiet there, Yoona.” Hyoyeon laughed teasingly.

“I don’t know what you guys are talking about.” Yoona pouted.

“Girls, I don’t know for sure. Leeteuk didn’t tell me.” Taeyeon said.

Ding-dong!

“WHO IS IT?!” Sooyoung shouted at the door.

“Let us in unless you wanna walk into the press conference !” a demanding voice responded.

“Oh, that’s Heechul.” Sooyoung backed away from the door. “Someone else answer it!”

Yoona groaned at Sooyoung’s immaturity and opened the door. “Come in, come in!”

“No hello?” Heechul rolled his eyes. “How rude.”

Yoona grinned and slapped him on the back. “Annyeong, oppa~”

“AISH! This girl...” he glared, only slightly mad at his friend.

“So let’s see who’s here...” Taeyeon organized the boys into a straight line and walked passed each one, saying their name.

“Siwon...Heechul...Ryeowook...Sungmin...Eunhyuk...Zhoumi.”

“Okay, so three of the guys will take two girls, and the other three, one each.” Taeyeon looked at the six members of Super Junior and then at her members. “Got it?”

“Can we pick our stylist?” Tiffany asked, raising her hand.

“I don’t really care; we’re running out of time!” Taeyeon exclaimed.

“How do we pick then?” Seohyun questioned next.

Taeyeon muttered some things to herself. “Arasso, arasso. Siwon, take Yoona and Tiffany.”

Siwon smiled at the girls and nodded his head in greeting to them. Yoona and Tiffany high-fived and followed Siwon out of the room.

“Heechul gets Jessica and Seohyun. Sungmin with Sunny and Zhoumi with Yuri and Sooyoung.” Taeyeon called out randomly as people left the room in a hurry.

“Hyoyeon!” Eunhyuk cried out, claiming his girlfriend.

“Oh, God.” Hyoyeon mumbled under her breath with a slight smile--and also so Siwon, with his hawk-like ears, wouldn’t hear.

Taeyeon cupped her hands around . “We have an hour and a half left before the press conference, so let’s move it!”

“Mind helping me, Ryeowook-sshi?” Taeyeon swiveled around to meet Ryeowook.

He nodded and smiled cutely. “Sure...I don’t think I’m good at this kind of thing, though. Not like my hyungs.”

Taeyeon shrugged and ransacked her closet as Ryeowook sat on her bed, observing the room. “I’m just glad we got some help. So what’s the theme?”

“Black formal,” Ryeowook replied, getting up to help Taeyeon find an appropriate outfit. “So a black dress would work...”

Taeyeon dug a little deeper and pulled out a black dress that came a few inches above her knees. It was rather short and simple, yet still chic and elegant.

“Didn’t you wear this for the Japanese Genie promotions?” Ryeowook walked around the dress slowly.

Taeyeon nodded, surprised. “How’d you know?”

Ryeowook smiled playfully. “A certain someone in the Super Junior dorm keeps up with your news.”

Taeyeon looked taken aback. “Bwoh?! Chincha? Who?”

Ryeowook laughed. “Oh, forget I said anything. I like this one! Change into it and I’ll pick out your shoes. Don’t forget to straighten your hair!”

Taeyeon nodded again, trying to remember everything her “stylist” just said.

“You do remember how to straighten your hair, right?” Ryeowook raised an eyebrow for confirmation.

“I may act dumb at times, but I’m not stupid.” Taeyeon grinned, entering her bathroom.

---

“Too long. Too tight. Too extravagant. Too UGLY.” Heechul made a face.

Jessica laughed. “Yah, are you gonna reject everything I own?”

Heechul shrugged and grinned. “I will until I see something pretty.”

Jessica pouted and slapped Heechul on the arm. “Then try looking!”

Seohyun swung her legs back and forth from her position from the end of Jessica’s tall bed. “How about the one you wore to the after party at SMTOWN in Los Angeles last year?”

“This?” Heechul pulled out a black dress with a large bow coming off the shoulder and held the dress up to Jessica.

“That’s the one!” Seohyun said, clapping her hands.

“I don’t know,” Jessica murmured. “I think I look too ty in it.”

Heechul exploded in fits of laughter and dropped the dress. He clutched his stomach and keeled over, his hyena-like laugh filling the entire dorm.

“Yah, keep it down!” Jessica kicked him in the leg. “What’s so FUNNY?”

“You,” Heechul paused to catch his breath, “Could never look like a . Ever.”

Jessica gaped. “What, so I’m not hot enough or something?”

“Alright, hush up and put this on. We have about an hour left and I still have to pick something out for Seohyun--”

“No,” Jessica plopped down on to her bed and folded her arms stubbornly.

Heechul sighed and sat down next to her. “You don’t have enough confidence in yourself, Sica.”

“What?”

Heechul smiled genuinely. “Come on, you’re like the most beautiful person I know.” he flipped his hair and smirked. “Well, besides me, of course.”

Seohyun giggled from the side. Jessica sat there, unmoved. “I thought you said Yoona was the most beautiful person.”

“Ah, I was just telling her what she wants to hear. You know her.” Heechul shrugged casually.

“So you mean it?”

“Duh, babo.” Heechul chuckled, doing the special move from “Gee.”

Jessica smiled softly and stood up from the bed, collecting her black dress in her hands. “I’ll go change.”

“Good!” Heechul clapped his hands together loudly and began plundering through the closet yet again.

---

Eunhyuk and Sungmin decided to work together with their girlfriends--though Sungmin protested that Sunny was absolutely NOT his girlfriend--to save time.

The group was crowded in Sunny’s room, since Hyoyeon didn’t take long to change and do her hair and make-up.

Sunny, on the other hand, was a different story.

“No, I don’t like that dress!” Sunny complained.

Sungmin huffed. “Sunny, you’ve said that about every dress so far.”

“I liked the one our stylist had for me.” Sunny grumbled.

“Aish, we don’t have time!” Hyoyeon kicked off her heels and rubbed her feet. “Pick one, SoonKyu!”

Sunny glared. “I’m trying, but I don’t like any of them!”

“Hyukjae, rub my feet!” Hyoyeon ordered, sticking her feet out at her boyfriend.

He pouted. “Hyoyeonnie!”

Hyoyeon pouted, imitating him. “Eunhyukkie!”

“I never win, do I?” Eunhyuk smiled, sitting down on the floor to begin rubbing Hyoyeon’s feet.

“Nope!” Hyoyeon smiled cutely and watched the Aegyo Couple argue it out over dresses.

“You look beautiful.”

Hyoyeon smiled again. “You’ve told me six times now.”

Eunhyuk grinned. “I don’t get to tell you that enough.”

“Aww,” Hyoyeon laughed, pinching his cheeks. “What a cute kid~”

“Kid?!” Eunhyuk cried in dismay.

“UGH! I HATE YOU!”

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon looked up in shock to see Sunny sitting with her back turned to Sungmin, anger clearly expressed on her face.

“What the heck is going on in here?” Yoona demanded, bursting into the room already fully-dressed.

Tiffany appeared next to her, dressed nicely as well, with Siwon hovering in the back. “Why isn’t Sunny dressed yet?”

“We think they got into a fight.” Eunhyuk pointed to Sungmin and Sunny.

“Oh,” Tiffany immediately swept Sunny into a hug. “What happened?”

“Ask him,” Sunny muttered, refusing to look at Sungmin.

Siwon whistled. “Lots of tension in here.”

Yoona smacked his arm. “Don’t be inconsiderate!”

Siwon shrugged. “I couldn’t feel that, you know.”

Yoona rolled her eyes. “Do you always have to brag about your muscles?”

“Not always,” Siwon grinned, rolling up his sleeves.

This earned Siwon another eye-roll from Yoona. “Oh, God, seriously?”

“Yoong, you said you wouldn’t use God’s name like that!” Siwon said unhappily.

Yoona turned her attention over to Sungmin and Sunny.

Siwon was giving her a headache.

“Mianhe, Sunny. It’s all my fault.” Sungmin hugged her from behind.

“Don’t hug me.”

Sungmin hugged Sunny tighter and lifted her out of the chair, swinging her around to face him. “Mianhe, mianhe, mianhe, mianhe, mianhe--”

Sunny laughed, tears glistening in her eyes. “It’s okay.”

“You made her CRY?” Tiffany glared daggers at Sungmin.

Sunny stood protectively in front of Sungmin. “Fany, calm down. I’m okay!”

Tiffany eased up a little. “Fine...but only because you say so, Sunny.” she resumed to glaring at Sungmin. “Your name is in my book, Mister.”

“You don’t wanna be in her book.” Hyoyeon grinned.

“Oh, no.” Yoona added with a smile.

Siwon pulled Tiffany away from the couple. “Let them have some space, Tiff.”

“I’m not done yet!” Tiffany whined.

“Put a muzzle on her!” Yoona suggested.

“Where would we even get that?” Siwon chuckled, ruffling Yoona’s hair.

“Just a suggestion...” Yoona mumbled. “And hey, do NOT mess with my hair! I just did it!”

Eunhyuk got up and shut the door on them. “And stay out!” he said jokingly.

Hyoyeon shushed him and quickly turned back to watching the Sungmin and Sunny drama that was unfolding in front of her.

Sungmin used his thumb to wipe away her tears. “I’m really, really sorry, Sunny.”

Sunny shook her head. “I was being overdramatic.”

“Yes, you were.”

“YAH!” Sunny smacked him on the chest. “You gonna help me or what?”

“Just pick something: You’d look gorgeous in anything.” Sungmin replied with his signature cute smile.

Sunny blushed and it went unnoticed by Sungmin. “You choose one then. I’m fine with anything.”

Sungmin smirked. “Anything?”

“Lee Sungmin, you ert!”

---

Ding-dong!

Zhoumi got up from the couch in the living room and opened the door. “Oh, hyung!”

Leeteuk smiled. “Are the girls ready? We’re all riding together to the press conference.”

Zhoumi looked back at Yuri and Sooyoung nervously. “Um, hang on.” he shut the door and returned to the girls. “Hey, is everyone ready?”

Yuri frowned. “They should be.”

“IS EVERYONE READY?!” Sooyoung hollered at the top of her lungs.

Taeyeon ran out into the room with Ryeowook trailing behind her. “Sorry, I had a hair issue. Where IS everyone?”

“YAH, EVERYONE GET OUT HERE NOW!” Sooyoung called, using her “inside” voice.

Yuri laughed. “Will you SHUT up?”

“How was it?” Ryeowook asked Zhoumi.

Zhoumi grinned. “Easy.”

“No fair!” Ryeowook pouted. “You know fashion!”

Ding-dong!

“I’ll get it!” Taeyeon said to no one in particular. She walked to the door since she couldn’t run very well in heels, and yanked it open.

“Teukie-oppa!” Taeyeon said in surprise.