This Isn't What It Looks Like

Scandalous

Chapter Twenty-Two

Eight days until the concert...

It was complete and utter madness at Sukira that night.

The guests consisted of six members of SNSD and six from Super Junior. Donghae, Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Ryeowook, Yesung, and Shindong arrived with Eunhyuk and Leeteuk an hour early to prepare for the chaos to come. Shortly after, members of SNSD slowly began trickling in, starting with Taeyeon, then Jessica, Tiffany, Sunny, Sooyoung, and finishing with Hyoyeon.

The DJs of Kiss the Radio raced around the room while the guests picked their seats. The members of SNSD would by Leeteuk, and the Super Junior members would situate themselves by Eunhyuk.

The visitors were free to chat while they waited for the DJs to return with more chairs and microphones. Taeyeon sat in a chair by Jessica and observed the scene. Shindong and Yesung were cracking jokes with Tiffany and Hyoyeon in one corner, which made Taeyeon smile. Sunny was taking a short nap on Sungmin, who was grinning like he was the luckiest man in the world.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at Sungmin and said, “Stop that, it looks creepy.”

“Me?” Sungmin pointed to himself.

“I’m talking to you, aren’t I?” Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow.

“Can’t I be happy?” Sungmin frowned. “You know I’ve loved Sunny for a long time.”

“I know that,” Kyuhyun folded his arms.

“Well, I’m just happy,” Sungmin responded with a smile on his face.

“Be happy and in love outside,” Kyuhyun snapped grumpily, irritated with the new couple.

Donghae merely smiled at Kyuhyun’s grouchiness and Sungmin ignoring the rude maknae. He soon went back to secretly staring at Tiffany.

Sooyoung tiptoed behind Ryeowook, who was innocently watching Sungmin and Sunny. The shikshin gave Ryeowook a little push, making it fall forward. Luckily, he caught himself on the table, gasping. He whirled around and smiled when he saw Sooyoung.

“Oh, it’s you, Sooyoung-ah.”

Sooyoung laughed merrily. “Did you get shorter, Ryeowook, since the last time I saw you?” she teased.

“It wasn’t that long ago when you last saw me!” Ryeowook pouted.

Sooyoung smirked. “Right, because the last time I saw you, you were wearing insoles.”

“Why can’t you just wear flats?” Ryeowook huffed.

“I’ll continue wearing heels forever, Kim Ryeowook.” Sooyoung concluded with a grin.

“But you know I won’t grow anymore,” Ryeowook whined.

Sooyoung put her hands on her hips. “Would taking off my heels make you happy?”

“Possibly,” Ryeowook murmured with a smile.

“Silly, I’m not gonna walk around barefoot,” Sooyoung scoffed, pushing him lightly in the shoulder.

“Slouch then,” Ryeowook suggested.

“I already am!”

Sungmin snickered from a few feet away and Ryeowook sighed dejectedly, causing Sooyoung to giggle. Eunhyuk and Leeteuk suddenly re-entered the room carrying microphones and chairs.

“Let me help,” Taeyeon offered, taking a chair from Leeteuk.

“Oh, yeah, help him and not me,” Eunhyuk muttered quietly.

Hyoyeon, hearing the statement, laughed and grabbed the microphones from Eunhyuk. “You’re a dork.”

“But I’m your dork,” Eunhyuk grinned goofily at his girlfriend.

This statement brought out groans from every person in the room. Tiffany, who was nearby, smacked Eunhyuk in the head and rolled her eyes at his extreme cheesiness.

“We’re on air in ten,” someone called out.

Everyone scrambled to their seats and the cameramen focused their cameras on Eunhyuk and Leeteuk. Five seconds to go, and the last commercial faded out. The Kiss the Radio theme song’s upbeat and cheery tune played and Leeteuk unconsciously mouthed the words to it. The song slowly began growing fainter, until there was silence.

Eunhyuk began the greeting to all of the listeners. Leeteuk added in random banter until it was time to greet the guests in the studio.

“Tonight, we have some very special guests here on Super Junior’s Kiss the Radio!” Eunhyuk exclaimed enthusiastically.

“First, the nation’s number one girl group...” Leeteuk began.

“So Nyuh Shi Dae!” the two DJs cheered together.

“Hana, dul, set...” Taeyeon counted off.

“Annyeonghaseyo, So Nyuh Shi Dae imnida!” the girl group said their signature greeting in unison, as some members waved and others simply smiled.

“Ah, SNSD, of course,” Eunhyuk grinned and clapped.

“Why don’t you all introduce yourselves?” Leeteuk smiled.

“Hi, it’s Taeyeon; it’s nice to hear you all again.” the leader beamed into the camera and waved with both hands.

“Taeyeon-sshi, welcome back,” Leeteuk said, all-smiles. “Next is?”

“Hello, I’m Jessica,” Jessica said quietly, smiling the tiniest of smiles.

“Jessica-sshi, you seem tired,” Eunhyuk commented.

Jessica laughed awkwardly and nodded. “Uh, yes, I am.”

“Does SNSD get enough sleep?” Leeteuk asked curiously.

A pregnant pause filled the air and the whole studio burst into laughter.

“For the most part, yes,” Taeyeon answered, “But sometimes, we just can’t sleep.”

“I see, I see,” Leeteuk mused, smiling like he knew some secrets.

“And now it’s the girl with the famous eye-smile, Tiffany-sshi!” Eunhyuk looked at the next girl.

“Hi, everyone,” Tiffany smiled brightly, her eyes turning into cute crescents as she did so.

“Tiffany-sshi, thank you,” Leeteuk nodded eagerly.

“It’s the member in charge of the cuteness in the group, Sunny-sshi!” Eunhyuk introduced.

“Hi, I’m Sunny!” the petite girl winked at the camera, and it was obvious that Sungmin was grinning a bit too much.

Kyuhyun jabbed Sungmin the ribs with his arm harshly to wipe the lovesick look off of his face. Sungmin bit his lips and winced silently in pain. Sunny had to cover to prevent her giggles from escaping. Thankfully, the camera was no longer on her; otherwise, suspicions would arise from viewers.

“Hello, Korea, Sooyoung’s here!” Sooyoung cheered for herself, changing the atmosphere immediately.

“Sooyoung-sshi, great to have you here,” Eunhyuk commented.

Leeteuk took a breath and said, “And last, but not least...”

Eunhyuk’s grin had grown immensely now, and it was quite obvious that whoever he was about to introduce was someone he was biased to. “Please welcome the charming Hyoyeon-sshi!”

“Hi, everybody, I’m Hyoyeon,” the blonde girl said adoringly, bowing her head low.

“Cute!” Tiffany, Sunny, and Sooyoung cooed, giggling.

“Hyoyeon-sshi, you’re kind of like a regular at Sukira now, aren’t you?” Leeteuk chuckled.

“Hmm, I guess so,” Hyoyeon laughed, “I really love Sukira, so it’s great to come back here.”

“Of course, of course,” Eunhyuk grinned, gums and all.

“Oh, Eunhyuk-sshi, what’s this?” Leeteuk feigned surprise.

“What is it, Leeteuk-sshi?” Eunhyuk questioned, playing along.

“We have more guests here?” Leeteuk’s eyes widened.

“Why, yes, we do!” Eunhyuk gasped.

“They’re here now, Korea’s supermen--” Leeteuk began in a hushed voice.

“Super Junior!” Eunhyuk and Leeteuk yelled simultaneously.

“Urineun Super Juni-oheyo~” Super Junior shouted, as the camera shifted to the other side, where the members were sticking their hands in the air and smiling happily.

“Who do we have here today?” Eunhyuk wondered.

“Today, we have Ryeowook, Sungmin, Kyuhyun, Yesung, Donghae, and Shindong!” Leeteuk and Eunhyuk burst into applause and SNSD whooped and hollered, with the members of Super Junior creating noise as well soon enough.

“What an exciting night at Sukira,” Eunhyuk sighed contentedly.

“We have just broken a record here at Kiss the Radio. Currently, we have the most listeners we’ve ever had!” Leeteuk announced.

“Amazing!” SNSD complimented.

“Really?” Shindong asked in disbelief.

“Really, Shindong-sshi,” Eunhyuk nodded cheerily.

The first fifteen minutes went smoothly, with both groups cracking jokes and Eunhyuk and Leeteuk shooting out easy, fun questions. The answers could be deep from one person and comical from the next. Never did a minute go by where a smile wasn’t plastered on someone’s face. Soon, it was time for the break. Super Junior’s Andante played peacefully through the speakers. Jessica immediately removed her headphones and stepped out of the room unnoticed by everyone.

Except for Taeyeon.

The female leader snuck out of the room when Leeteuk’s back was turned and disappeared down the hallway.

“Okay, we need to make a plan,” Hyoyeon whispered, pulling Eunhyuk aside.

“Oh, right, for Donghae and,” Eunhyuk coughed here, replacing the girl’s name with his cough.

Hyoyeon nodded quickly. “We need to first get them to meet up in the same place.”

“Where?” Eunhyuk wondered aloud.

“Someplace quiet, so they won’t be disturbed by fans,” Hyoyeon paced back and forth, eyebrows furrowed, “Can you think of anything?”

Eunhyuk blinked and shook his head, making his blond hair flop around adorably. “What did you say?”

Hyoyeon’s lips slowly twitched upwards into a smile. “Were you staring at me again?”

“No,” Eunhyuk pouted.

“Liar~” Hyoyeon sang, laughing.

“Sit down, you two, we’re back on.” Sooyoung clicked her tongue disapprovingly and shook her head.

“I’ll just text you,” Hyoyeon whispered in his ear.

“Children, back to your seats!” Sooyoung demanded.

“Whoa, hey, I’m your unnie!” Hyoyeon smacked Sooyoung playfully on the shoulder.

“But I’m taller, so therefore, I rule over you--literally.” Sooyoung smirked victoriously.

“Fine, Mom,” Eunhyuk huffed, shuffling his feet back to his seat.

As he passed Hyoyeon’s seat, he poked her head and she just stuck his tongue out at him. Eunhyuk suddenly scolded himself, telling himself to be more careful. The cameras were filming right now, streaming live. One wrong move and the entire country would discover the terrible truth. Eunhyuk knew of the consequences. He knew how chaotic some ELFs could get.

He didn’t want them to go after Hyoyeon or hurt her in any way.

Restrain yourself, he reminded himself. Though it would take a lot of effort, he would push himself to do it. Eunhyuk, deep down, wished that he could be public with Hyoyeon like Leeteuk was with Taeyeon.

But that was simply, impossible.

---

“Let’s take a few more questions, since we have a couple minutes left with you guys.” Eunhyuk suggested.

I’ve heard that SNSD eats more than Super Junior. Is this true?” Leeteuk read from his screen.

“Yes!” SNSD responded immediately.

“Untrue,” Sungmin and Ryeowook called out.

“Definitely untrue,” Shindong agreed.

“Seems we have some disagreements,” Eunhyuk laughed. “How will we settle this?”

“Well, SNSD eats more of certain things we don’t like or eat as much,” Kyuhyun explained.

“Pocky~” Sooyoung called out.

“Hey, I eat that!” Eunhyuk protested.

“Strawberry kind?” Hyoyeon teased, even though she knew the answer.

“What else?” Eunhyuk inquired, playing dumb.

“Milk!” Taeyeon cried out.

“Plum!” Sunny chimed in.

Donghae jumped in. “Chocolate!”

Sungmin added, “White chocolate!”

“Dark chocolate,” Kyuhyun responded.

“Almond crush!” Sooyoung and Ryeowook blurted out together, accidentally.

“Coconut!” Hyoyeon said in a singsong voice.

“Um, banana?” Tiffany giggled.

“Cookie!” Shindong chanted.

“Custard!” Yesung exclaimed.

“Jessica-sshi, it’s your turn now!” Leeteuk urged.

“Mmm...”

“Don’t break the chain!” Eunhyuk persisted.

“Mango?” Jessica guessed with a smile.

“AHHHHH!” the two groups cheered ferociously.

“And there we have it, Super Junior and SNSD can successfully name twelve different types of Pocky in less than a minute.” Leeteuk gave both groups a thumbs-up and a grin.

“Okay, we have about three minutes left, so one last question!” Eunhyuk turned it over to Leeteuk.

Leeteuk quickly scanned his eyes down the screen and scrolled through numerous comments before finding some questions. He hovered his cursor over one of the questions at random and read it aloud.

Are there any Super Junior or SNSD members in that room right now who are currently in love?

The first awkward silence made its entrance into the room since the beginning of the show. Shindong thankfully broke the stillness by laughing.

“Well, we know Leeteuk-sshi and Taeyeon-sshi are in love right now, right?” Shindong wiggled his eyebrows at his leader.

“Ooh~” the girls jeered jokingly.

Taeyeon pouted and all Leeteuk could do was smile for the umpteenth time at the delicate cuteness of Taeyeon.

“Anyone else?” Eunhyuk turned his head from SNSD’s side to Super Junior’s side.

“Uh, me.”

All heads turned toward that deep, gentle, masculine voice that could belong to one Lee Donghae.

“Wrap it up,” one of the staff mouthed to Leeteuk.

“Unfortunately, all good things come to an end.” Leeteuk sighed sadly.

“It was fun having Super Junior and SNSD both here tonight, good job to everyone!” Eunhyuk clapped with the others.

Leeteuk and Eunhyuk said their closing remarks and mentioned they would play SEOUL. Once the closing was done, the song’s bright pop intro played instantly. Chairs were pushed in and everyone scrambled to the corner to take pictures. Donghae lingered around the chairs, tidying them up.

Eunhyuk noticed at the last minute that his best friend was about to be left out of the shot and jumped out to grab Donghae. He dragged him down to the front, where they were kneeling on the floor. Eunhyuk beamed next to Hyoyeon and Donghae smiled attractively. A few more flashes went off.

And it was all over.

---

Seven more days until the concert...

“You take so long to get ready.” Taeyeon whined.

“I told you to leave without me,” Leeteuk chuckled and ruffled her hair, packing some things into his bag. “Eunhyuk already did.”

“But I wasn’t gonna just leave without you,” Taeyeon mumbled.

Leeteuk grinned widely and poked her face. “Okay, okay, I’m ready now; let’s go.”

“Finally,” Taeyeon sighed dramatically.

As she was turned around getting her things, Leeteuk checked the time on his phone. It was half an hour past midnight already.

He then was aware that he had a text from Heechul. No words. Just a link to a news article. Leeteuk clicked the link without hesitation and peered at his phone screen.

When the page loaded, he saw the pictures.

Taeyeon and Onew.


So today's my birthday--November 10th. Updating is my gift to all of you guys. :)

I hope the bit of comedy in this chapter is a relief from all of the seriousness. XD

And thanks for all of the support and for following this story as always<3

- Jessica